Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

nice and so hyped :D
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
I'm pretty sure removing the ability of marauders and rangers to be casters, or other classes to be summoners
These things are definitely not being removed. But Marauder casters and Ranger casters will have access to different ascendancies to take advantage of that will mean they likely play differently to each other.

EDIT: There's been some confusion as to what my original message was trying to get across and I just keep repeating myself every time I reply to a quote so let me say what I should have said originally and get to the heart of what I've been trying to communicate this entire time.

With the release of Ascendancy players will no longer choose character classes based upon their location in the skill tree (which put minor restrictions on what that character class could do). Players will now choose their character class based upon what that character class has available to them in their Ascendancy classes.

I'm not sure if this was GGG's intention or not. Regardless of that, I'm not sure that this is a good thing. There will always be stubborn assholes like me who go against the grain even if it means taking more time or investment to do so, but the new classes provide an illusion of choice. The option to do so is still there, but what was a minor inconvenience before is now a heavy sacrifice.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Nov 21, 2015, 2:23:04 AM
Amazing. it's f***ing great idea nonlinear Labyrinth. GGG You are best!!!
I've been sitting here periodically refreshing the ascendancy tree reveal pages hoping that another witch tree would be revealed (I don't really play summoners). I know Chris made a comment that they're all created and just waiting to be tested further internally. Are they going to be revealed soon or not until some later date/time?
Last edited by _Amaranth_ on Nov 21, 2015, 2:15:29 AM
Totally Awesome News! Thank you GGG for continually raising the bar.
New classes?!?!? WHAT?!?!?!
Shadow 2016 - most rips 'cuz of relect

Looks great all in all; bit worried about balancing all that stuff. Also good to see that you remove link pressure a little bit (i.e. Fortify, Chain etc.)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:

Looks great all in all; bit worried about balancing all that stuff.

What balance? lol
How are people somehow mistaking an addition to the game as something that reduces their options? I seriously don't understand... there are literally more options because of ascendancy. It doesn't take anything away. Just, huh?
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info