Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

Only thing I am worried about is the constant 200ms latency I have to deal with from South Africa, since it seems the mechanics introduced are very sensitive to lag and positioning?
*Pending impressive statement of some variety*
"
Felix35071 wrote:
How are people somehow mistaking an addition to the game as something that reduces their options? I seriously don't understand... there are literally more options because of ascendancy. It doesn't take anything away. Just, huh?

The thinking is:

These new bonuses are available, therefore the game difficulty will be balanced around players having them (so as to not let this just be a free upgrade to all player's abilities). Therefore, if you play without making much use of them by playing a build that doesn't make the most (or, at least, much) use of them, then your build will, in effect, be weaker when these are introduced than it is currently. Since your build will be weaker at that time, you will feel forced to play another build that takes more advantage of these ascendancy bonuses.

Does that help explain it?
+ 1000 accuracy for marad?
free power charges for assasin?

well mokay
So is this for free, or are Ascendancy Classes MTX?
Did not yet watch the vid or read anything.
free spellblock for gladiator?

arent dat too op?
"
_Amaranth_ wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
How are people somehow mistaking an addition to the game as something that reduces their options? I seriously don't understand... there are literally more options because of ascendancy. It doesn't take anything away. Just, huh?

The thinking is:

These new bonuses are available, therefore the game difficulty will be balanced around players having them (so as to not let this just be a free upgrade to all player's abilities). Therefore, if you play without making much use of them by playing a build that doesn't make the most (or, at least, much) use of them, then your build will, in effect, be weaker when these are introduced than it is currently. Since your build will be weaker at that time, you will feel forced to play another build that takes more advantage of these ascendancy bonuses.

Does that help explain it?

I think some builds will gain from them more than others, it's like Titan quest dual class system where some builds only take minor stuff from the 2nd class tree chosen.

Personally I think it is giving back a bit of class distinction that it was severely lacking when compared to other arpg, when all said and done you still have a lot more freedom than the others.
Last edited by Kavlor on Nov 21, 2015, 3:49:27 AM
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
I'm not sure if this was GGG's intention or not. Regardless of that, I'm not sure that this is a good thing. There will always be stubborn assholes like me who go against the grain even if it means taking more time or investment to do so, but the new classes provide an illusion of choice. The option to do so is still there, but what was a minor inconvenience before is now a heavy sacrifice.

There's no reason why you can't do an arrow pierce spellcaster - which as far as I am aware wasn't a thing before ("projectile damage is based on arrow pierce chance").

There's no reason why you can't have a spellcaster with fortify up all the time - which as far as I am aware was previously impossible without an attack of some kind.

People choosing because of whatever isn't going to change anything, it has always happened.
well, the usual GGG thing happened.. just throw your game-knowledge out of window and start again... :D

Who knows, maybe we are getting a new unique that allows to pick another classes asc.tree??
d:-D*
Sounds great, really looking forward to it!
Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/
they could have the scion able to access all the ascension nodes/talent skills and be the only class 100% customizable but less efficient overall based on her position on the skill tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info