Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

GGG again managed to fall lower that even my expectations. 19 less reasons to come back now, and not like I was going to anyway. Also, would there be paid beta? Looks like right thing to do.
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day
For those complaining about ascendancy subclasses,and yelling ex non-witch summoners will extinct - that is BULLSHIT.
Look how it is now - can you make a necromancer based on any class?Yes,you can,as you have access to skills and passive tree.The only difference is how much you have to travel across the tree to get needed nodes.
So,in fact the best suited for being necromancers are Witch and Templar,next Scion,then Marauder and Shadow and the last Ranger and Duelist.Adding ascendancy class Necromancer for Witch doesn't change the above,only makes these alignments stronger - but not prevents to go 'off the road'.And don't forget these non-Witch characters will have own ascendancy classes,ex Duelist with permanent Fortify.Wouldn't that be nice for rather squishy summoner,huh?
And what you say about Ranger summoner which uses Blink and Mirror Arrow with Powerful Precision and Endless Munitions.Would that be weak?I don't think so.

Since I started play PoE in closed beta I had awkward feeling 'ehh,there are in fact no true character classes in PoE'.That is now going to change,and the way they are going to do so is amazing.GGG devs,you are just masters of Hack'n'Slash genre.

I'm afraid however about power of these classes.Permanent fortify?Projectiles gain +100% pierce and critical strike chance at the start of travel?100% block chance applied to spells?40% more damage to rare and unique monsters?OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT IS JUST SICK!
"
MasterBLB wrote:
For those complaining about ascendancy subclasses,and yelling ex non-witch summoners will extinct - that is BULLSHIT.
Look how it is now - can you make a necromancer based on any class?Yes,you can,as you have access to skills and passive tree.The only difference is how much you have to travel across the tree to get needed nodes.
So,in fact the best suited for being necromancers are Witch and Templar,next Scion,then Marauder and Shadow and the last Ranger and Duelist.Adding ascendancy class Necromancer for Witch doesn't change the above,only makes these alignments stronger - but not prevents to go 'off the road'.And don't forget these non-Witch characters will have own ascendancy classes,ex Duelist with permanent Fortify.Wouldn't that be nice for rather squishy summoner,huh?
And what you say about Ranger summoner which uses Blink and Mirror Arrow with Powerful Precision and Endless Munitions.Would that be weak?I don't think so.

Since I started play PoE in closed beta I had awkward feeling 'ehh,there are in fact no true character classes in PoE'.That is now going to change,and the way they are going to do so is amazing.GGG devs,you are just masters of Hack'n'Slash genre.

I'm afraid however about power of these classes.Permanent fortify?Projectiles gain +100% pierce and critical strike chance at the start of travel?100% block chance applied to spells?40% more damage to rare and unique monsters?OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT IS JUST SICK!

I think you are missing a key point, I am mad because if witch only has access to the summoner new tree then any other non witch summoner will be weaker....because I bet you 100000000000$ they adjust the old tree because of the new tree, making there benefits cancel each other out...they are not just going to let us grow in power by a great deal, they just aren't that generous...they have proved that time and time again with the constant nerf'age, which forces us into the class to play a summoner.
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Nov 21, 2015, 6:25:27 AM
My god, this is the coolest expansion so far.
Im really looking forward to this one.

More customization for builds, more cool items and crafts.

I dont wanna wait, i want it now.....
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
I think you are missing a key point, I am mad because if witch only has access to the summoner new tree then any other non witch summoner will be weaker....because I bet you 100000000000$ they adjust the old tree because of the new tree, making there benefits cancel each other out...they are not just going to let us grow in power by a great deal, they just aren't that generous...they have proved that time and time again with the constant nerf'age, which forces us into the class to play a summoner.

Well,let's assume non-witch summoners will be weaker.So what?Will that be different than what's now in terms of skill tree efficiency?Nope.It just make differences between classes deeper,which is good.
And take into consideration that other classes will have access to their own ascendancy skills,whose from what I've seen so far are not worse that Necromancer subclass for Witch.

Speaking about incoming nerfs,well I was not active player since 2013 till September of this year,but from all online games I was playing GGG guys do the best work about balancing I've seen so far.Take as example what is happening in Diablo 3,that's pure shit so I didn't even bothered to acquire Reaper of Souls expansion.
PoE is different.You can leave for a time,and when you come back you'll see the game actually improved indeed.None other developer studio can say proudly they constantly improve its game without breaking it.
Last edited by MasterBLB on Nov 21, 2015, 6:38:43 AM
I Cant wait to do the labyrinth on EVERY difficulty with EVERY char i create...

Ripping to lagspikes...

Q_Q
Dran, drauf, drüber !
"
Lorginir wrote:
GGG again managed to fall lower that even my expectations. 19 less reasons to come back now, and not like I was going to anyway.

Do us a favour then and also stay off their forums, bye.

As for myself, i've already sunk in over 100€ as a reward for their work and can't wait to sink in at least as much in the next 10 years :) Awesome news, thanks GGG.
Last edited by Tom7i on Nov 21, 2015, 6:58:58 AM
New content looks awesome. Great job guys.

No I can only complain about visual effects ")
You should really improve look of Herald of Ice. Those white rings rotating around character's hands looks not so great.
Looks shiny too bad its a deal breaker for non lockstep players. I want to be hyped !

I see you are still sticking to the only woman uses arrows sterotype.

The click bait ign and rps articles oh well not that you cant control what they type on the site.:)
chaotic neutral
Can't wait!
Awesome job GGG, wish I had more time to play atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info