Elementalist - Flameblast Vortex Arc Fire Storm Ice Nova Ball Lightning, strong and cheap vid guide

"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
Glorn2 wrote:
I wanted to try ball lightning for this new league, and found this guide, and another one. I generally play self found, but ended up trading for a call of the brotherhood ring; to test out the waters with cold damage. In the end, my build doesn't reflect your much, but I wanted to bring up some things I use, and ask for your opinion on them.
Spoiler

Items/gems
Spoiler

Passives
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAGRBAcEswj0DR8QWBM1Fm8XLxekGF0Yaho4Gmwb8RzcHwIfxySqJy8o-it4LJwt0jI0NZI2xTbpOlg62DrhPAU8KEGHRKtFnUbXTLNSU1NSVa5VxlXWVkhYB18qZOdmVGaeaPJtGXGFcg92EXgvfOV-x4CkghCCm4LHg9uFMoV7jxqPRo-mkFWQ-pRvl5WX9Jo7muCboZy-na6f36IAplenCK3xsUK3PriTwFTAZtQH1abYJNi92rna3dyN323fit-w42rk7OWL6-Tr7uw47TzvfPAf8kXzEfno-tL-Cg==

Gems/items Setups
Spoiler

Items:
Bitterdream gives a bunch of stuff to increase my damage and freeze chance and such. I had a tabula before I found that, and while my tooltip DPS was cut in half, my actual damage output barely changed.
Singularity gives hinder, which has a semi-small AoE. I'm not sure if radius passives increase it, but I think it might.
Other uniques are pretty self explanitory, and the rares are to get my resists capped.

Skills:
Ball light on bitterdream = lots of freeze = more defenses
orb of storms+herald+frostbite on hit = Frostbite is always up on everything (rather than applying 2 curses which may not be up 100% of the time)
Golems+life+knockback: Great DPS from their buffs being doubled, great tanks, and knockback = more defensive. If I can 5L, I want to add attack speed.
CWDT+ball+temp chains on hit: Super defensive, especially combined with slow from singularity
CWDT+ball+blind+flee= more defenses, works on curse immune
Clarity: Wish I could get rid of it, but I use MoM for the extra 30% damage mitigation, since my HP is low (3500ish) Considering trying artic armor instead, maybe the DR will make up for the regen loss.

Other Notes:
Spoiler
None of these items require any financial investment, other than the brotherhood ring, and they are all pretty common drops. In standard, you could likely get all of this for 1 exalted (I imagine).
The only map that rocks me so far is blood magic; though I havent completed a map above level 12 yet. My biggest weakness is heavy hitting bosses. I have been 1 shot quite a few times.
As you see, most of my gems are level 18-19 still, and without quality. I'm sure having all 20/20 gems would make me 30% better overall.

Hopefully you can give me some tips, or try some of these things to see how they compare. I'm not a great gamer, pretty casual. Thanks for the build!

Hi, it looks like solid build. It nice to see another BL user. :D
In tree is seems like your build focus more on damage rather than defence. In tree you have more damage but less life and energy shield comparing to elementalist tree.

Does you freeze a lot of mobs? I have tried call of brotherhood in past on this build but without bit succces. Maybe I should try again?
Could you also write how is 3(7) link working in your sceptr? I saw someone using it with ice nova so if you use brotherhood ring it probably also work good. Brotherhood is cool ring but I have not seen reason to use it on non crit version I think gold ring with life res work better.

About slow down from singularity sceptre. I have tested it with temporal chains and chill and it does not give big difference over waht temp chains already give, also singularity work only in very small area.

If I can give some tips then:
- I would not use clarity, Warlord's mark should be enough to maintain mana. Clarity probably help in non regen maps. but I would try to use herald of ice (or Arctic armour) instead.
- I would rather use this CWDT setup: low level temp chains - Immortal call - increased duration. Rather than what you have in boots. I would lost a bit of slowdown but curse would apply to mobs faster and Immortal call is better than charges in most situations.

Do you have any video of your build? I would like to see how it looks in action with Brotherhood ring and casting 2 BL on CWDT most looks cool.

I can make a video when I get home this weekend. The 2 extram balls you can rarely see go off, due to all the balls+aoe on them. Almost all mobs that are under frostbite aura are shattered.

The 7 link DPS isn't nearly as good as my 6l was, but the supports add a lot of freeze chance, And I always have frenzy charges. Clear speed only went down a little, but freeing up another 6l if needed, and/or the bonus from armor stats, makes up for it. Ideally, I'd love to get that armor with +aoe, and use an aoe gem. High aoe on ball light gets pretty nuts.

The slow from singularity is only 2nd to the damage increase. 77% increased damage taken. Only major bosses survive more than a few hits. Problem is, so do I.

With my armor, I could do a 2x 3 link, golems with knock back, and a 3rd cwdt with immortals call and increased duration. I would prefer a high lvl cwdt on immos call, so it isn't going off on every hit I take.

Using skittering runes and such, I think I can get a lot more from high level auras on curse on hit, especially if I get 20 qual ones. It makes hexproof maps very difficult.

I've been trying to play without clarity on. With it, I can spam endlessly, without it, I have to pay attention an move around. I can burn 400 Mana per second sppamming. I will try artic armor and herald of frost.

Sunday I'll get a video for you to critique, and test out immortals call and artic armor.

Do you have any opinion on working enfeeble into the build?
I'm now lvl 85 Elementalist with this build and going nice, but I have a few questions:
What about Herald of Thunder? Overkill? I have been using it, and yes, low mana, but Warlord's Mark can supply it without problems. Actually I'am leveling a Enlighten, since there are remaining sockets (No, I'm not using Whirling blades+faster attacks because I'm using wand+shield, so I'm using only Flame Dash).
I got a Unset Ring to put the Vaal Discipline on it, and have space to Vaal Storm Call 20/20 + Spell Echo, since you recommend it for Occultist, does it worth it?
So there is my gem setup:
Warlord's+Blasphemy + Lightning Golem (Wand)
Vaal Storm Call + Spell Echo + Vaal Haste (Shield)
Ball Lightning + CoH + Poacher's + Conductivity (Helmet)
Ball Lightning + Increased AoE + Slower Projectiles + Spell Echo + Lightning Penetration / Flame Dash (Armor)
Decoy + Arctic + HoT + Enlighten (Gloves)
Enfeeble + IC + CWDT + Increased Duration (Boots)
"
Do you have any opinion on working enfeeble into the build?

@Glorn2 Only way I can see that you can make it is replace other curse with enfeeble or get doedre's damning ring and put enfeeble into ball curse on hit. But I can't tell if it is really worth.

@JosneiGamer, it is nice to see another person who enjoy this build.
With free sockets i would add fater casting to flame dash and use vaal haste with increased effect.

"
What about Herald of Thunder? Overkill?

What do you mean by this? Do u think Herald of thunder is not needed?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jun 26, 2016, 2:46:10 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
With free sockets i would add fater casting to flame dash and use vaal haste with increased effect.

"

In the elementalist gems, you don't say nothing about Herald of thunder, but there is slots and mana for it. Should I use it? And what about Vaal Storm Call?
Last edited by JosneiGamer on Jun 26, 2016, 9:38:43 PM
"
JosneiGamer wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

"

In the elementalist gems, you don't say nothing about Herald of thunder, but there is slots and mana for it. Should I use it? And what about Vaal Storm Call?

OH, Herald of thunder should be on the list. HoT ifs very nice gem, flat added damge is cool and quality from it is global so it help BL a lot.

Vaal storm call. With free sockets I would add faster casting to flame dash and use vaal haste with increased duration. I Storm call is good but vaal haste give you can and movement speed and it is aura so can benefite other party members. On other hand Storm call deal high damage so it is good for rare monsters, but also you can set it on group of monster and go to anther pack in meantime.
It all depends on what you enjoy more.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Nice, thanks :D
Another question about the skill tree:
About the Elementalist final tree, could be better to get rid of the Jewel at the right side of the start (below Melding node), and get the one in top left, with two 4% Elemental Damage nodes?
In the final levels, get Hearth of Thunder on top of the tree? Could this overdamage me against reflect, even with Paragon of Clamity?
Ive been trying to relink and socket gems properly to use enfeeble rather than temporal chains. Here is my thinking: Burst damage hurts, temporal chains just puts more time between burst damage. It doesn't reduce a giant crit that will kill me in 1 hit. Enfeeble reduced damage dealt, by almost the same as temp chains slows. It also reduced crits, and accuracy. I think between the two, enfeeble reduces damage taken by quite a bit more.

Im just having trouble getting all of my sockets colored how they should be. i either need to 2X3L my armor, with 5R 1B, or put my weapon soclets into my armor, and change my weapon sockets (i can vorici for 3L colors).

Once I can get the colors right, I want to swap temp for enfeeble, and set up a CWDT+immortals call.

Also, would it be worth it to redo my bandit quest, to trade endurance charges for frenzy? with my weapon, i am always at max frenzy charges, due to killing frozen enemies. 4 charges rather than 3 is another move and cast speed bonus; and .5 seconds of immortals call isnt too impressive.
"
JosneiGamer wrote:
Nice, thanks :D
Another question about the skill tree:
About the Elementalist final tree, could be better to get rid of the Jewel at the right side of the start (below Melding node), and get the one in top left, with two 4% Elemental Damage nodes?
In the final levels, get Hearth of Thunder on top of the tree? Could this overdamage me against reflect, even with Paragon of Clamity?

I think it is better to get lightninig damage node instead taking nodes near jewel slot.

I doubt taking Hearth of Thuneder would be overdagam for reflect with Calmity but I would use these points on life/es instead anyway becasue damage is good and life/es help much more in hard maps than some damage.

"
Also, would it be worth it to redo my bandit quest, to trade endurance charges for frenzy? with my weapon, i am always at max frenzy charges, due to killing frozen enemies. 4 charges rather than 3 is another move and cast speed bonus; and .5 seconds of immortals call isnt too impressive.

IDK how rich u are and how much you value that 5% damage. I have never respeced bandit quests.
About temp chains and enfeeble I agree with you spike damage is what kill ppl in wreaclast and enfeeble is much better to avoid one hits deaths.
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 3, 2016, 2:48:51 AM
Is this build Atziri viable?
"
InvictusAIE wrote:
Is this build Atziri viable?

I have tried to do Atziri on this build. It was my 1st try ever at Atziri. Vaals and Trio no problem, couldn't do Atziri.

IDK If this show this build is not Atziri viable or killing Atziri on first try is not something that everyone can do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info