What are your favorite types of chocolates?

"
Boem wrote:
I'm from Belgium, to much choice to actually pick.

Peace,

-Boem-

You know, that's something I always wondered. Is Dutch or French your native tongue?

@topic, I fucking love these
Spoiler
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

^Guylian sea fruits a fine choice.

My native language is Dutch. But if the inquiry is what language we speak in Belgium.

Then the answer is dutch, german and french. It's pretty hilarious given the size of our country.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

My native language is Dutch. But if the inquiry is what language we speak in Belgium.

Then the answer is dutch, german and french. It's pretty hilarious given the size of our country.

Peace,

-Boem-

So you speak ~4 languages? Are there people in Belgium who only know a single language?

I've always been interested in languages. My english and french are approximately on par, but I've always been too lazy to learn a language on my own.

EDIT: we only get those chocolates once a year, around this time. They're good, but it's like 6-7$ CAD.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Nov 15, 2015, 9:24:56 AM
"
GooberM wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

So you speak ~4 languages? Are there people in Belgium who only know a single language?

I've always been interested in languages. My english and french are approximately on par, but I've always been too lazy to learn a language on my own.

EDIT: we only get those chocolates once a year, around this time. They're good, but it's like 6-7$ CAD.

I'm from Belgium and my native language is French. There are a lot of people (just like in any other country) who speak only a single language in Belgium, despite the fact we have three "official" linguistic communities. From my experience the Dutch speaking part of the country is more often able to speak French than the French part being able to speak Dutch. The German speaking part is so small it's barely mentionned even in national politics.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Nov 15, 2015, 10:00:23 AM
^exactly :)

My french is poor though. I had a rubbish teacher and haven't really been required to do something about it for now.

I speak dutch and english and that's about it. And like frequently pointed out on these forums, my english is not that great.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
^exactly :)

My french is poor though. I had a rubbish teacher and haven't really been required to do something about it for now.

I speak dutch and english and that's about it. And like frequently pointed out on these forums, my english is not that great.

Peace,

-Boem-

is the dutch you speak in belgium much different from the dutch they speak in the netherlands? do you know?
Usually prefer the darkest chocolate I can find, but you cant really go wrong with Milka. A few weeks ago I lost my mind and bought one of these:

expensive, but damn if it isnt a treat.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 15, 2015, 2:38:59 PM
Thank you guys for all your preferences and suggestions! :D
"
kompaniet wrote:

is the dutch you speak in belgium much different from the dutch they speak in the netherlands? do you know?

It's not :).

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : the biggest difference between Belgian people and people from the Netherlands in communication is that people from the netherlands are more direct and to the point. No difference in language though, it's more a difference in attitude.

Belgian people are quite known for their diplomacy, we have no choice given our size :)
Last edited by Boem on Nov 15, 2015, 3:52:26 PM
I don't eat much chocolate but if I do, it's usually dark varieties. My favourites are (in this order):

• salted caramel
  • blueberry & lavender
  • orange

:-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info