Unique Item List — Old Thread, New One Linked Inside

"
Vipermagi wrote:

Skin of the Lords.
Heretic's Veil/Alt Veil.
With the same Gems, the Veil comes out slightly cheaper on Mana (alt Veil). Either way you're looking at a whole bunch of Reduced Reservation, and the Skin setup costs you a 6L. I still strongly disagree with that first Skin of the Lords setup being even marginally worthwhile. Ancestral Bond is real close to the Whispers of Doom -> Sovereignty highway anyways.

--------
I am questioning why there's three Skills in play? Frostbolt and Vortex for everything, plus EK Traps for ?things? No Shield and no body, which will cut into both Life and ES a whole lot. This one seems marginally more likely to be useful, but still... A bit strange. Good job on it though. At the very least, I'm impressed. :P

3G/2B/1R Acro ("most terrible Keystone roll" has to be either Acro or Blood Magic :P ).


Good call on the 6B AB build, gotta admit I forgot the Veil had native reservation reduction. While I was playing POE though, it hit me/an alternative replacement build clicked - Minions. 6B would be perfect for minions, except that I never play summoner, so I have absolutely zero experience there.

Summon Spectre - Minion Life - Minion Damage - Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance - Minion Speed - (not sure, but ACD sounds good, as does either of the crit gems, or even ALD, or depending on the spectre, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction, Spell Echo, etc.)

This would be more preferable on a hipster summoner or a Necromancer rather than a Guardian, since Templar is close to AB anyways.

Of course, you use the other sockets for your totems :P

----

On the AoF build, the logic that led to three skills being at play:
1) I personally really like involved builds. I played SC2 before POE, and having been forced to learn to dance around the keyboard at mach speed, I've gotten to find such things fun.
2) I wanted to avoid OP Assassin, which would make practically anything workable. This meant Saboteur or Trickster, and Saboteur seemed the better choice for some reason.
3) As a result of 1) and 2), you drop 8 Traps on the ground to sit dormant, granting you 64% global damage, which, I believe, gives you juicy, juicy double-dip.
4) Ideally they would actually deal more damage than any of the other skills used, so that you would have the tactical play element of opening with traps, and then throwing your last 8 to be dormant buffs, and then while the traps are on cooldown, you whip out your icy burns. But this is unlikely to happen the way POE gear/skills work, so the damage from the traps is more for "just in case there's no empty space to grant myself a 64% damage buff" or "just in case wandering enemies trip my traps and I lose out on some of my damage buff, it's not all bad"

Thanks for indulging me, btw :) If nothing else, Skin of the Lords has given me the joy of wrestling with these combos.

EDIT: BTW, the lazy answer to your new one would be, take a normal Acro build, ignore the fact that the chest has Acro, and go ham. (example: Tornado Shot - GMP - Pierce - Crit Strikes - Crit Damage - Life Leech for an archer build. Or something. It's been a while since I've played archers. I... don't have much variety in my build types lately @_@)

But I would like to theorycraft something the "proper" way (i.e. why would I use a Skin of the Lords with Acro instead of just Skin of the Loyal?)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues, or the shiny new techsupport@grindinggear.com for technical support! Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Dec 8, 2016, 4:07:42 AM
"
Sauronsatan wrote:
All i can say about the 55th unique is your gonna have to work harder than just farming to obtain it.
Trust me on this :)




Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Vipermagi wrote:


3G/2B/1R Acro ("most terrible Keystone roll" has to be either Acro or Blood Magic :P ).


The Lithe Combatant

Want to experience the future in Melee Combat? First, get yo'self a 3G2B1R Acrobatics Skin of the Lords. Got it? Good. Let's begin.

We're going to be making a Gladiator. Get the 100% spell block node, as well as the bleeding nodes. Sadly, we aren't making direct use of the bleed today if we want to be well-optimised, but this build can definitely be adapted to focus on the bleed as well. How are we going to play nice with Acrobatics? Simple. Evasion and Acrobatics is going to cover us just fine for Attack DPS; our main weakness is Spell DPS since we're not grabbing Phase Acrobatics. That's completely fine, because we're going to stack Block Applied to Spells through the roof and get a large Life pool and laugh in the face of the enemy.

You may have guessed the links by now:

Lacerate - Faster Attacks - Void Manipulation - Added Chaos Damage - Concentrated Effect - Multistrike

(Naturally, you can sub in Blade Flurry instead of Lacerate if you'd like to be OP.)

I would prefer a Malicious weapon of Celebration, such as
but with higher Attack Speed, but you may find a high phys weapon performs better.

Required item: Rathpith Globe; the higher the roll, the better. Recommended: Stone of Lazhwar. If you can get your grubby little hands on a 60% Rathpith, then you can achieve capped Spell Block with only 52% block stat. This is because you have 100% + 50% + 60% block converted to Spell, or 2.1, and Acrobatics hits you with 30% Less; 2.1 * 0.7 = 1.47, and 75% / 1.47 = 51.02 block required.

Rathpith naturally comes with 25%, Tempest Shield nets you an easy 3%, and Gladiator ascendancy provides essentially free 4%, leaving you with 52-25-3-4 = 20% block needed from tree to cap out your spell block.

Watch this: Since you don't have to go all the way to the right side for the Acro cluster, you have many more points to dump on Life nodes and Endurance Charges to become extra tanky against the one remaining weakness of Acro builds: Physical Damage. You may want Soul of Steel for that +4% permanent PDR, as well as a Chaos Golem.

Wow, so now you're mega tanky and you have some respectable DPS from Poison shenanigans! It only cost like a million exalts. Oh well, better luck next time.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues, or the shiny new techsupport@grindinggear.com for technical support! Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:


3G/2B/1R Acro ("most terrible Keystone roll" has to be either Acro or Blood Magic :P ).


The Lithe Combatant

Want to experience the future in Melee Combat? First, get yo'self a 3G2B1R Acrobatics Skin of the Lords. Got it? Good. Let's begin.

We're going to be making a Gladiator. Get the 100% spell block node, as well as the bleeding nodes. Sadly, we aren't making direct use of the bleed today if we want to be well-optimised, but this build can definitely be adapted to focus on the bleed as well. How are we going to play nice with Acrobatics? Simple. Evasion and Acrobatics is going to cover us just fine for Attack DPS; our main weakness is Spell DPS since we're not grabbing Phase Acrobatics. That's completely fine, because we're going to stack Block Applied to Spells through the roof and get a large Life pool and laugh in the face of the enemy.

You may have guessed the links by now:

Lacerate - Faster Attacks - Void Manipulation - Added Chaos Damage - Concentrated Effect - Multistrike

(Naturally, you can sub in Blade Flurry instead of Lacerate if you'd like to be OP.)

I would prefer a Malicious weapon of Celebration, such as
but with higher Attack Speed, but you may find a high phys weapon performs better.

Required item: Rathpith Globe; the higher the roll, the better. Recommended: Stone of Lazhwar. If you can get your grubby little hands on a 60% Rathpith, then you can achieve capped Spell Block with only 52% block stat. This is because you have 100% + 50% + 60% block converted to Spell, or 2.1, and Acrobatics hits you with 30% Less; 2.1 * 0.7 = 1.47, and 75% / 1.47 = 51.02 block required.

Rathpith naturally comes with 25%, Tempest Shield nets you an easy 3%, and Gladiator ascendancy provides essentially free 4%, leaving you with 52-25-3-4 = 20% block needed from tree to cap out your spell block.

Watch this: Since you don't have to go all the way to the right side for the Acro cluster, you have many more points to dump on Life nodes and Endurance Charges to become extra tanky against the one remaining weakness of Acro builds: Physical Damage. You may want Soul of Steel for that +4% permanent PDR, as well as a Chaos Golem.

Wow, so now you're mega tanky and you have some respectable DPS from Poison shenanigans! It only cost like a million exalts. Oh well, better luck next time.
let's try something even weirder... brass dome (yes I know we only get half the effect. Deal with it.), stack reckless defence jewels and use sentari's answer as shield. We are now also immune to the bonus damage from crits. AND curse enemy casters with temp chains.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"If I start 3.7 with a claw viper strike build, will I be happy?"
"If the answer to that is not yes, then we fucked up."
"
Wow, so now you're mega tanky and you have some respectable DPS from Poison shenanigans! It only cost like a million exalts. Oh well, better luck next time.


What's the expensive part?
Current league chars: Arc Crit Totem, 2hand Crit TecSlam, Hybrid Occ Vortex/Cold Snap, Ascendant Glacial Hammer (lul), all SSF
"
Sauronsatan wrote:
All i can say about the 55th unique is your gonna have to work harder than just farming to obtain it.
Trust me on this :)


I bet you have to chance it on a base that doesn't have another unique on it lolol
Alright, so with 4 reckless defence with at least 3% block chance each, stone of lazhwar, sentari's answer and the spell block ascendency we'll end up with capped spell block. And automatic lvl 15 temp chains against casters on spell block.
Again, brass dome for crit "immunity". We can also use commandment of light gloves and avenger's flasks since we'll be taking a lot of crits. We need something to get rid of shocks and freeze though.

Edit: forget my idea... we're already using skin of the lords as chest armour... I'm stupid. Blasphemy enfeeble then? And the crit damage reduction notable? Whatever, f*** this, I'm out.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"If I start 3.7 with a claw viper strike build, will I be happy?"
"If the answer to that is not yes, then we fucked up."
Last edited by FCK42 on Dec 8, 2016, 8:13:44 AM
why is this thread still not stickied?
Mark_GGG
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
Auxion wrote:
why is this thread still not stickied?

If all the threads as useful as this one were stuck the first page would be 100% stickies. This sticky collates them all.
Have you done something awesome with Sire of Shards? PM me and tell me all about it!
That last one is taking a while...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info