Quit being so modest, take our damn money!

"
SillyBoys wrote:
As much as the thought of these guys having an even bigger studio, the fact that even the words "big studio" ends up meaning "a once good group of guys that make what they love injected with more and more people with cash that gets eaten up by Big Company #241" kind of makes me wish more companies would stay small... Even though i'm sure the money is more than nice and needed, too.

Can't have what we all want, right?

Anyways, i'm willing to shell out some dough for these guys too.

I'm of the firm belief that there's a happy medium between small & large companies, a magical number of developers that allows a harmonious & agile development process that is efficient, but not impaired by it's inherent size, be it diminutive or gargantuan. Something that allows ideas to be communicated effectively, addressed, discarded, implemented or tweaked without the need for arduous amounts of middle management approval.

I come from the mud to hit with tree trunk!
"
Mijit wrote:
"
SillyBoys wrote:
As much as the thought of these guys having an even bigger studio, the fact that even the words "big studio" ends up meaning "a once good group of guys that make what they love injected with more and more people with cash that gets eaten up by Big Company #241" kind of makes me wish more companies would stay small... Even though i'm sure the money is more than nice and needed, too.

Can't have what we all want, right?

Anyways, i'm willing to shell out some dough for these guys too.

I'm of the firm belief that there's a happy medium between small & large companies, a magical number of developers that allows a harmonious & agile development process that is efficient, but not impaired by it's inherent size, be it diminutive or gargantuan. Something that allows ideas to be communicated effectively, addressed, discarded, implemented or tweaked without the need for arduous amounts of middle management approval.

That is really hard to achieve. Every time a company like that gets a little bit more successful, bigger companies start to get interested into taking over because they see potential for money making.
What do you guys think of PaE's economic model ?

Have there been more precise announcements recently about the ethical and purely esthetic micro-transactions that will finance game development ?

Maybe am I nostalgic, but I keep feeling like I would prefer to pay a fixed price and benefit from the entire content than to pay multiple small amounts. Somehow, the player is always reminded that he will have to pay in order to have access to certain features, and that constant reminder gives the game a monetary dimension which I do not appreciate - it keeps me from purely enjoying a game.

GGG have made a promise to only sell esthetic feature, and I am willing to believe them. But I am looking forward to see how exactly they is going to work out.
What is your opinion ?
My money would be ready.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Hi
I realy cannot understand the whole concept.
Koreans making free games and the commy plot I do sort of get it..undermineing the Capitalist system lol..
It would have made more sence to me to Pay (one time fee £29.99)and then no sub.

stick with the shop idea for sure, But come off it guys you have to make some money to get outa the hole it seems you got yourselves into financialy.

so make a donation pay pal "already" :0

Oldun
I agree I would love to help with some cash. All this time put in to this game for free
"
Xanatos26 wrote:
What do you guys think of PaE's economic model ?

Have there been more precise announcements recently about the ethical and purely esthetic micro-transactions that will finance game development ?

Maybe am I nostalgic, but I keep feeling like I would prefer to pay a fixed price and benefit from the entire content than to pay multiple small amounts. Somehow, the player is always reminded that he will have to pay in order to have access to certain features, and that constant reminder gives the game a monetary dimension which I do not appreciate - it keeps me from purely enjoying a game.

GGG have made a promise to only sell esthetic feature, and I am willing to believe them. But I am looking forward to see how exactly they is going to work out.
What is your opinion ?

I'm pretty old school in I prefer a lump sum up front, get everything in one big box, sort of approach.

But honestly, i'm for whatever works, whatever happens to be financially viable & doesn't hurt the core gameplay experience is A O K with me.

I come from the mud to hit with tree trunk!
Lemme see if I like the game before I throw my money at them.

Kinda my mentality...
give out more keys and I'll throw money at you
I'd be willing to throw some money at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info