Quit being so modest, take our damn money!

In a way I do agree, a little donation wouldn't hurt anyone and it would help GGG.

But at the same time I do appreciate the developers viewpoint. They see their game as unfinished, so they do not want to cash in with it yet. They are showing a backbone certain bigger companies lack (*cough* EA *cough*).
i would chip in a little bit
Damn it GGG, still no donation page!

It's Monday, if you had a little bit more money you know what you could be doing right now?

You could be eating delicious monday muffins instead of vegemite covered weet-bix.

You want deliciously over sized muffins, don't you?

I come from the mud to hit with tree trunk!
I concur with the idea of you guys having a way to accept donations. If you guys don't feel comfortable with the idea of receiving money for an unfinished game, then think of it as a "buy us a beer" feature. From a lot of the things I've seen, you need to have some free drinks.

The guy who came up with gem-based skills? Buy that man a beer.

The colossal passive skill tree/web/galaxy thing? Buy the entire team a beer.

Please allow us to at least buy you guys drinks for some of the great things you've done so far.
At least show a donate button for the beta players.
I like the offer to buy them drinks. That would be an excellent donation page.
"donate a few pennies to a few dollars to fund a night or few to get grinding gear games absolutely wasted for their efforts."

Seriously, for those that want to support them, SAVE some money and set it aside. They will have cosmetic purchases to the game and will be making a good chuck of their profit off that. Just save and buy those. It's beyond a win/win. You get to support the game in it's entirety, and you STILL get rewarded right with cool stuff.
nice idea, I'd chip in
Agree, let us pay for this fantastic game. Been anticipating D3 ever since D2 came out. But this is nearly better after reading recent news about D3. Might give up on that shit all together.
The problem is, is that while everyone in this thread feels like they'd be happy to donate some money, a bunch of strangers would not want to. They would not want to pay an upfront-cost, and that's the strength of the F2P market. You get people to download and try your game out for free, you get them hooked on the free game, since it has no strings attached, and then some convert to becoming long-term customers or customers who spent en masse ($100 USD+ purchases every month). The barrier of entry for a traditional game is very high, even if that barrier of entry is only $5 USD.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
While i go forum searching, Is there any threads that have been posted discussing what type of cosmetic purchases/ real currency purchases that will be avialable? Def off topic, but if anyone responds while i go surfing through all the forums. thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info