Quit being so modest, take our damn money!

"
anubite wrote:
The problem is, is that while everyone in this thread feels like they'd be happy to donate some money, a bunch of strangers would not want to. They would not want to pay an upfront-cost, and that's the strength of the F2P market.

Oh, this has got nothing to do with how the game is being monetized, it's a straight up, I love what they're doing, I want to support it.

I honestly can't think of another developer who even in the beta stage isn't taking money.

Hell, look at Minecraft, the game isn't even finished & he's a multimillionaire.

Now obviously I have no idea what GGG have planned for the future, what their funding situation is like, clearly they're on top of things or they would have never gotten this far, but surely a little more wouldn't hurt.
I come from the mud to hit with tree trunk!
"Hell, look at Minecraft, the game isn't even finished & he's a multimillionaire."

That's because Notch is a slimeball. He's not someone you should ever be using as a standard of anything.

And while you may not feel that way about what you said, people in this thread are implying this game should have an initial cost instead of a F2P model.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Aug 14, 2011, 10:14:15 PM
"
anubite wrote:
"Hell, look at Minecraft, the game isn't even finished & he's a multimillionaire."

That's because Notch is a slimeball. He's not someone you should ever be using as a standard of anything.

And while you may not feel that way about what you said, people in this thread are implying this game should have an initial cost instead of a F2P model.

Oh well that was never my intention, I shall make amends & I couldn't agree more about Notch.
I come from the mud to hit with tree trunk!
Have they said/shown how Path of Exile is going to give them revenues? Item shop, in-game ads...etc.

Because seriously I ALWAYS at least give $5 to any f2p game that catches my interest.
why what did notch do?
Yea i would aswell, plus they wouldnt have to pay taxes as its a donation not a charge.
My man and I were already committed to spending the equivalent to the cost of a retail game in micro-transactions, but we'd be happy to donate as well. we feel it's well worth it. so yes! let us buy you a beer.
Atleast I know I am not the only one dying for this game ^^
lol this seems like a pretty good idea, Just for the extra few dollars you have on paypal or something put it to good use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info