[Fast, Cheap, Easy] Insane ComK - for 2.1 Atziri Viable

"
A build that relies on dealing damage in order to survive has no defense/survivability at all... It's just a bomb, waiting to explode (RIP).

Fun cheap build nonetheless...

Friend just hit 78 with it.
Tanks everything including bosses in t7 maps. In talisman.
He has full resistance of course.

No you wont die that often.
Just curious but I went straight for RT while passing through the sanctity discipline/training, elementalist, catalyse, and devotion wheels and I am curious as to which direction I should prioritise next.

There's the choice of heading in to the celestial wheel, witch area, BM, and the Scion life wheel. Each have their benefit towards damage and survivability but I am unsure as to which will benefit me the most to level with and the other to delay.

As it stands right now, I'm having no issue with a 2H Glacial Hammer and I suspect Ice Crash will be carrying me to Oro with a nice 2H elemental weapon but I am afraid that it'll eventually fall behind on damage since there are no physical nodes being taken.
This item looks great for this build right?

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Messerschmitt wrote:
As it stands right now, I'm having no issue with a 2H Glacial Hammer and I suspect Ice Crash will be carrying me to Oro with a nice 2H elemental weapon but I am afraid that it'll eventually fall behind on damage since there are no physical nodes being taken.

I think that is one of the reasons this build is better to go with a spell before you get Oro's - or totems in my case. Without any weapons/physical nodes being taken it is essentially a spell build and as such will be unlikely to scale well with weapons.
Yeah, I ended up using some refund points and went picked up Ancestral Bond. I'm glad I did it although there were some growing pains based since I've been somewhat neglecting my damage nodes and, for the longest time, was insanely unlucky on good +spell power weapon drops.

Now, I picked up the Fire Walker node and have better gear and supports so each totem is throwing out a little over a thousand damage on top of my blasphemy + flammability combination.

My current plan is to travel to each notable area in the tree; I hit the strength node before the scion life wheel and then I'll travel down to the bloodless wheel then backfill life. By that time, I should be high enough for Oro and can take out the five points in AB as a gift.

So, all in all, grinding was a pain and then it started to not be!
I am currently using (with two Sceptres +1 fire gem) Flame Totem (+ Faster Casting + Fire Pen) and Searing Bond (+ Rapid Decay + Increased Burning).

At first I didn't use Rapid Decay in the Searing Bond setup because I misread exactly what it did; its More damage, rather than Increased, so its actually a fairly large upgrade.

Using Blasphemy + Flammability too, which really does help. I tend to just spam Searing Bond totems in general because the coverage is awesome that way (and at 2k dps at lvl 45 that is more than enough to melt things). However, on bosses I switch to 2 Flame Totems (about 1k dps each) + Searing Bond.

Pyre is really cheap and very helpful by the way for anyone planning on taking this route to leveling, as is a 30% fire damage talisman (Ash-something). Oh, and the movement speed recipe for boots (capped at 30% movement speed) make things quicker and safer. Use something like Ice Nova for breaking barrels/vases/pots/etc.
Last edited by Aimeryan on Dec 14, 2015, 10:07:43 AM
Just to add as a quick question but what do you think would happen if you didn't pick up BM and instead put those four points in to Lava Lash?

While you're losing 25% life (your base is still 186% + gem), you pick up 50% more fire damage and you could tie Warlord's Mark to Blasphemy for 'fire and forget' 2% life and mana leech while generating an additional 12% to physical damage reduction with room to throw in a Herald.

Unless I am missing a key component in regards to BM, that's really the only part of the tree which makes me feel as optional. 25% is a decent chunk of health so maybe it boils down to being a life sponge to take heavy hits?
"
Messerschmitt wrote:
Just to add as a quick question but what do you think would happen if you didn't pick up BM and instead put those four points in to Lava Lash?

While you're losing 25% life (your base is still 186% + gem), you pick up 50% more fire damage and you could tie Warlord's Mark to Blasphemy for 'fire and forget' 2% life and mana leech while generating an additional 12% to physical damage reduction with room to throw in a Herald.

Unless I am missing a key component in regards to BM, that's really the only part of the tree which makes me feel as optional. 25% is a decent chunk of health so maybe it boils down to being a life sponge to take heavy hits?

The BM life cluster is 35%. Warlord's Mark is cast whenever you are hit with CWDT(lvl 1), so it is up whenever you need it, anyway.

So the trade is 50% fire damage on Attacks + Herald of Ice reserved on mana + having to make sure you have enough mana for attacking VS. 35% health + (potentially) Herald of Ice reserved (at 12.5%) on health.

I'm not convinced as to how useful Herald of Ice is here - unless I am mistaken, you can't proc the shatter (without 3 Dragons) and the added damage to attacks and spells doesn't seem that strong given the slow attack speed we have. I think I would rather have the health, but maybe I am wrong.
Super, thanks for the feedback and the correction! Thankfully, the point spread to cover both options is so small I'll likely give both options a try.

Almost there! Level 61.
Short feedback: currently melting everything up to T7 (highest i had so far) with Tabula Rasa and pretty much anti-perfect rolls on both Devoto's and Oro's.

Only things i changed in my char was to go for elemental and spell damage instead of life/mana regen @ templar starting area and i'm using vaal grace over haste and arctic armour over herald of ice. Why?
Grace i found mandatory @ boss fights (which i find as the weakest point of this build), same goes for arctic armour pretty much. Don't really need herald of ice atm as the damage output is just ridiculous and everything dies before i see it. ;-)
Still need to test on higher maps, will get back with more feedback anytime soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info