[Fast, Cheap, Easy] Insane ComK - for 2.1 Atziri Viable

I just hit level 67, so I respec'ed my character and took points out of the ancestral bond area so I could start using Oro's + Pyre.

That was a mistake.

To anyone who is looking at this build: Make sure your mandatory gems are all level 18+ and that you have at least a 5L piece of gear for this build before you switch out of dual totems, otherwise your damage will NOT be high enough to do anything. You will die constantly.

I have taken all the damage nodes the build calls for, but I'm running a 4L Cyclone + COMK + Ice Nova + WED and my gems are level 15-16 and I can't do anything. I'm going to have to figure something else out until my gems level up more and I grab more life on the tree. I got cocky after seeing some of the videos OP posted, especially the one where he is running that T3 map naked (besides the essential build items). Don't make the same mistake I did.
"
Squatch wrote:
I just hit level 67, so I respec'ed my char...

What was the damage like? Was it that you were too squishy for the damage you were doing or was it that you couldn't do much damage in the first place?

Basically, if you were too squishy but the damage was actually not bad then maybe those could be solved with better gear (life, armour, etc.) and more life nodes in the tree.

If the damage was too poor then it indeed makes sense to just stick with totems until the gems level up and we can get a 5-link.

~~~

Also, do you have Pyre?
Last edited by Aimeryan on Dec 15, 2015, 10:41:45 PM
"
Aimeryan wrote:
"
Squatch wrote:
I just hit level 67, so I respec'ed my char...

What was the damage like? Was it that you were too squishy for the damage you were doing or was it that you couldn't do much damage in the first place?

Basically, if you were too squishy but the damage was actually not bad then maybe those could be solved with better gear (life, armour, etc.) and more life nodes in the tree.

If the damage was too poor then it indeed makes sense to just stick with totems until the gems level up and we can get a 5-link.

~~~

Also, do you have Pyre?

My damage sucks because my gems are level 15-16 and I'm only using a 4L. I can barely clear Dried Lake with my current setup. I'm too squishy because I took all of the damage nodes this build calls for and neglected a lot of the life/defense nodes.

It seems to be mandatory to have all the gems at LEAST level 18+ along with a 5L to make this work. Otherwise, you are going to get destroyed. I don't think it should be advised to switch away from totems until your gems are leveled and you have a 5L.

And yes, I have a Pyre.
"
Squatch wrote:
My damage sucks because my gems are level 15-16 and I'm only using a 4L. I can barely clear Dried Lake with my current setup. I'm too squishy because I took all of the damage nodes this build calls for and neglected a lot of the life/defense nodes.

It seems to be mandatory to have all the gems at LEAST level 18+ along with a 5L to make this work. Otherwise, you are going to get destroyed. I don't think it should be advised to switch away from totems until your gems are leveled and you have a 5L.

And yes, I have a Pyre.

Ok, thanks for the info. Wont be long until I'm 67 so I'll think about maybe putting off the switch until I can be more certain.

Could you update us on when you feel it has been resolved, and the steps you took? Hopefully it is just the gem levels and the 5-link.

~~~

I'm still thinking about going Flicker Strike instead - maybe with different gems, maybe not. Squatch, if you have Flicker leveled (up can get one easily enough), maybe try out Flicker Strike instead of Cyclone in the link?
Last edited by Aimeryan on Dec 16, 2015, 6:10:40 AM
Looked like an interesting build so I went ahead and re-purposed my templar character that used to be my searing bond build.

So far, this is my gear
Spoiler

Gems aren't leveled up to 18+ yet, damage is mediocre. 8k DPS on Cyclone alone with golem.
I'll level them all up and setup the sword for a 5l and see how it goes from there.

Here is my passive, level 82
Last edited by EvilWiffles on Dec 16, 2015, 2:13:15 PM
"
Aimeryan wrote:
"
Squatch wrote:

And yes, I have a Pyre.

Ok, thanks for the info. Wont be long until I'm 67 so I'll think about maybe putting off the switch until I can be more certain.

Could you update us on when you feel it has been resolved, and the steps you took? Hopefully it is just the gem levels and the 5-link.

~~~

I'm still thinking about going Flicker Strike instead - maybe with different gems, maybe not. Squatch, if you have Flicker leveled (up can get one easily enough), maybe try out Flicker Strike instead of Cyclone in the link?

Yeah sure. I'll try Flicker Strike later tonight. I'll report back in about 8 hours.

For now, I'm running with a 4L Cyclone + WED + Faster Attacks + Life leech. For clearing Dried Lake/T1-T2 maps, the damage and survivability are both good enough. It clears much faster than dual totems did, so I guess I don't regret moving away from dual totems at level 67 afterall. Life Leech probably isn't necessary if you have better gear than what I am currently running with. For now I'm just going to continue clearing Dried Lake and low level maps until my gems are level 18 and I can afford a 5-Link.
Last edited by Squatch on Dec 16, 2015, 2:12:45 PM
Sounds good! What I like here is that this build basically allows for you to use Cyclone OR Flicker Strike, with just swapping a few gems around.

First though, note that ignite chance is really important for keeping up the Frenzy charges via Oro's; you can get two 5% ignite chances at the top (Breath of Flames branch), one 5% at left of tree (Celestial Punishment), one near Templar start (Elementalist) for a total of 20%. Oro's itself gives 20% - so total altogether of 40%. We get these nodes anyway in this build, but its still worth pointing out.

~~~

For the gem setup, you need Multistrike to generate more Frenzy charges than you use with FLicker Strike. Presuming we are still going COMK - Ice Nova (and why not?), the setup will look something like this, in order of importance:

Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Melee Splash - COMK - Ice Nova - WED

For single-target bosses where there is nothing to use COMK on you would want something like (also good to use to keep up Fortify anyway):

Flicker Strike - Multistrike - WED - Fortify - (last two links) Faster Attacks/Fire Penetration/Life Leech

Not sure if you guys know the trick with the Deadhand Talisman for bosses; if you drop a Deadhand Talisman for the boss to pickup (say a low level white one) it will cause the boss to constantly spawn very weak adds which are PERFECT for COMK (and sort of negates needing a single-target version at all - although Fortify is nice to keep up).

~~~

The tree as I mentioned is pretty much exactly the same; you merely don't bother with the increase area of effect radius nodes:

~~~

Curse would be retained on low level CWDT (via low lever Ice Nova + CoH if the sockets are available since you can use a high level curse then).

Herald of Ice would be quite good with Flicker Strike for the added flat cold (to fire via Pyre) damage. Reserving it on BM, however, would be 12.5% of our life. The cluster of life that BM gives is only just enough to make up for the loss with the Early tree, while not making up for it in the Late tree.

Anger or Determination Aura would also be quite good, but would take away 25% of our life with BM. That is too much.

So, the question is: do we keep BM? If we do not keep BM, we need to either use a blood gem or hope we can sustain without it.

If we use a blood gem we could run two auras and forget the Herald of Ice (Anger is better, while Determination is a huge survival increase if we have good armour already). But by using a blood gem we lose either Melee Splash or WED - a fairly substantial loss. We could instead lose the COMK + Ice Nova (addding in FA or Life Leech), however, it would sort of be a different build by that point (and we would still be losing a fair bit of damage in mass mob situations)!

If instead we use an aura and HoI and hope to sustain on mana we might have to use a mana flask or two (and might still not be possible). Maybe the new mana cost changes with melee skills DO make this possible though - worth a look, I say.
Last edited by Aimeryan on Dec 17, 2015, 1:42:26 PM
This might be a noob question, but I don't understand how the defensive setup works here.

If the endurance charges are going to be consumed by daresso's when you get hit, what's the point of having Immortal Call since you'll have no endurance charges to expend?
Hi there i want to share my opinion with this build:

I started to use it with level 67 and come from dual Flame Totem as a witch.

I Respeced some points and here we go.

Offense:
The clearspeed is insane, i need 3 min for the whole dried lake.

i just use 4L: cyclone - comk - ice noca - wed

BUT then i use Blashemy with Flammability! That rocks hard!

My dps with cyclone infight: 13k

Defense:
Here i have the most problems. i have 2800 hp and after resering blasphemy and herald of ice there are just 1,8k left. a big Problem.

I changed: Skill Iron Reflexes, its a huge buff on Survivability.

I need to skill MUCH more Life nodes to compare it.

Other:
The movmentspeed of this build is crazy and i even have no flask with MS and no Vaal Haste but its really fast.

Overall:
Its a very fun and CHEAP build but lacks in defense very much. if there is a way to boost the defense this build will be my favorite.

any Questions?
I went the other way around as far as passives are concerned. By the time I hit level 67, I had all the life nodes taken, BM, and some added fire damage. It was a slow grind but it paid off. I just hit 70 and have about ~4300 base or ~3600 with HoI and, with four frenzy charges, I'm floating at around 12k DPS.

It's not bad, I can clear the lake without issue although Voll is a little slower than I'd like. I still have two more damage wheels to fill, missing one of the +area damage passives, and my gear isn't itemized very well so there's quite a bit of room for improvement as far as damage and life is concerned.

Overall, it's a good build and I don't regret playing it. However, Cyclone builds aren't the most engaging styles of play and, apparently, I seem to get bored in spite of how well they perform so I'll probably use this as a learning experience and give something else a try.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info