[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
Hadou_Ken wrote:
"
lussiano wrote:
"
Hadou_Ken wrote:

You can check my character screen if you want. My tooltip says around 250, but around 300 with 6 Frenzy Charges with 5L. Besides getting a 6L what are other ways I can increase dps?

Tooltip means nothing for EA.

How would you calculate it?

With the formulas from poe wiki given for damage calculation. Don't see a point to calculate it tho seeing as it's overkill dmg as is.

"
RedStark wrote:
i have no idea how someone get uber with this build.... i rip at lvl 80 vs malachai merc oneshotted and i have so low dmg it take 1h to kill some boss nah i drop this build

U seem to be something entirely wrong for that to happen, so wrong that i can't even imagine all the things. Probably best to drop it in that severe case.
Just killed an uber atziri with 3 ports
And Malachai t15 deathless
Scion is the best decision. Slayer and Bers in Ascendancy class = uber dps. 7 jewels(3-4)stats = uber dps
7300 hp without Kaom, 2nd 6L = uber dps(Kaom T15, 5 stacks=dead). Put on Kaom only for Masters or in party.
96lvl right now.
Skill Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAl8DdQOWBLMGDgn2C2EMXw48EGIUIBRxFm8YVhhdGjgaPhpsHKcc3BznJKolvCcvJ-0o-jWSNuk64TsoPAU8LT38QYdFnUbXTeNQR1NSU6VWSFhjWHdZ818EXz9gQ2DeY_1mVGhlaHRo8moebj1xhXIPcql2rHrme8OCB4KbgseDCYNfg8yEU48akFWRK5RvlKCYrZo7muCbXZ2un9-iAKQMplenCKiaqLusqq3xr2y3PriTvoDAZsRYxPbGrs9-0iHUfNgk2E3Yvdl82mLbT9-_4MPjauoY6-7vDu987_3wH_Iv8kHyRfKX8932SPcy-Ov56P4K_o8=
Last edited by Dervish69 on Apr 24, 2016, 7:28:01 AM
Got 100 in PHC with allmost same build. :3

Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAN1A5YEswYOCdkJ9gxfDjwUIBRxFm8YVhiRGS4aOBo-GmwcpyBZIdAkqiW8Jy8n7Sj6KS4pTzWSNuk6UjrYOuE7KDwFPC09_EGHRtdKyE3jUEdTpVWpVkhXDVhjWHdZ81pSXwRfP2BDY_1mVGhlaHRo8moBbj1xhXIPcql2rHrme257w3y4ggeCm4LHgwmDX4PMhXuMz5BVkSuUoJchl7SYrZo7m12drp_fogCmV6cIqJqsqq2NsUK3PryfvoDAZsF8xPbGrspGz37SIdR82CTYTdi92WHZfNpi2rnbT9-_4MPireNq5CLsOO8O73zwH_Gs8i_yQfJF8pfzm_ZI-ej-Cv6P?accountName=Grizone&characterName=bamboleiro

Items
Spoiler

Yes, I didn't do lab thing for helm. Fuck their 1:300 RNG.
Some gear slots are kinda bad too, but I couldn't find any upgrades for them in last 2-3 weeks.

I can say this build is very good for aoe, average for singletarget since frostwall is bugging.

Still I think I'll go for that FOTM anything-to-chaos conversion for next one, because I've allmost oneshoot myself with 9k+ HP by killing a single reflect monster multiple times. Not even talkig about playing in group. That's complete bullshit. They must rework this mechanics or all ladder will be 100% of chaos builds.
"
Grizone wrote:
Got 100 in PHC with allmost same build. :3

Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAN1A5YEswYOCdkJ9gxfDjwUIBRxFm8YVhiRGS4aOBo-GmwcpyBZIdAkqiW8Jy8n7Sj6KS4pTzWSNuk6UjrYOuE7KDwFPC09_EGHRtdKyE3jUEdTpVWpVkhXDVhjWHdZ81pSXwRfP2BDY_1mVGhlaHRo8moBbj1xhXIPcql2rHrme257w3y4ggeCm4LHgwmDX4PMhXuMz5BVkSuUoJchl7SYrZo7m12drp_fogCmV6cIqJqsqq2NsUK3PryfvoDAZsF8xPbGrspGz37SIdR82CTYTdi92WHZfNpi2rnbT9-_4MPireNq5CLsOO8O73zwH_Gs8i_yQfJF8pfzm_ZI-ej-Cv6P?accountName=Grizone&characterName=bamboleiro

Items
Spoiler

Yes, I didn't do lab thing for helm. Fuck their 1:300 RNG.
Some gear slots are kinda bad too, but I couldn't find any upgrades for them in last 2-3 weeks.

I can say this build is very good for aoe, average for singletarget since frostwall is bugging.

Still I think I'll go for that FOTM anything-to-chaos conversion for next one, because I've allmost oneshoot myself with 9k+ HP by killing a single reflect monster multiple times. Not even talkig about playing in group. That's complete bullshit. They must rework this mechanics or all ladder will be 100% of chaos builds.

Nice to see that u managed to get lvl 100.

I doubt chaos builds will survive the next patch in the sense of them being nearly as strong as they are atm.
Last edited by IamPeyter on Apr 24, 2016, 7:17:24 PM
Sorry, I don't have time to read whole thread so I will ask here.

I thinking about trying this build, but for sure I won't get 6L Quill Rain, so:

1) Better get 5L QR and Kaom's Heart (which gem to drop then, Empower 3 (4 too expensive) or something else)

2) Or any L QR and 6L chest (Tabula for now, then something with ~100 life and res)
What happen to the leveling trees? I'm starting a new character and i don't know where to begin.. any suggestions?
"
ranyfahad wrote:
What happen to the leveling trees? I'm starting a new character and i don't know where to begin.. any suggestions?

I took all fire/ele damage nodes first, put str->int jewel and lvled with firestorm-flametotem thru all acts. Didn't have to refund anything.
Any fire spell could work tho, but firestorm allows you to just run thru packs spamming spell behind you so everything dies there, and dies fast. Took two nights to lvl till meeps.
Last edited by Grizone on Apr 29, 2016, 2:40:19 PM
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
Just hit 100 for the first time with EA Champion. Might try Juggernaut next.

Wow, I felt like leech gem is not neccesary even in HC, aswell as that acsendant/berserker thing everyone's taking for some reason. Why use it in SC? Empower in it's place gives like +30% more dps.

BTW, I've Been testing +3 bow to get lvl 28 gem. And it felt kinda bad to my disappointment :(
Damage from explosions is crazy, one attack oneshoots white packs, but any leftover monsters need very same attack and overall clearspeed feels slower then with QR. And aoe radius is lower with only one fuse charge. Also gem colors was a problem.
Spoiler
Last edited by Grizone on Apr 29, 2016, 2:57:24 PM
"
Grizone wrote:
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
Just hit 100 for the first time with EA Champion. Might try Juggernaut next.

Wow, I felt like leech gem is not neccesary even in HC, aswell as that acsendant/berserker thing everyone's taking for some reason. Why use it in SC? Empower in it's place gives like +30% more dps.

BTW, I've Been testing +3 bow to get lvl 28 gem. And it felt kinda bad to my disappointment :(
Damage from explosions is crazy, one attack oneshoots white packs, but any leftover monsters need very same attack and overall clearspeed feels slower then with QR. And aoe radius is lower with only one fuse charge. Also gem colors was a problem.
Spoiler

The damage I get from my AoE setup is more than enough. I could swap out leech for empower for single target but I love leech. Not a fan of just relying on regen and pots. Same can be said with the AoE setup, it makes more more tanky. Didn't get another 6 link QR till 98-99 wanted to try +4 empower on my single target setup but didn't fell like changing my play style and risk more deaths. Probably actually would of went with chance to ignite before empower.

Edit: just noticed i was using slower projectile with ST bow, would have used my 20/20 chance to ignite if I noticed that earlier.
Last edited by deadmeat9 on Apr 29, 2016, 10:37:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info