Full Details of One-month Flashback Events

But..but..the ebony seraph teaser...but...my hopes...my dreams...
༗ IGN: Warcry ༗
༗ Lvl 100s: #7 ༗
༗ Twitch.tv/WarcryLive ༗
༗ Velka's Ravens: 1772222 ༗
༗ Mirror Thread: 1832043 ༗ #1 ES Wander Opal Ring ༗ #1 Lab Runner Vanguard Belt ༗
Looks pretty good to me. I like most of the challenges; most seem very fair and encourage you to play during specific times to really experience the different facets of past leagues. The "hardest" ones are mostly hard because they are RNG-gated, but I guess that's fair since RNG is so central to the game (and they are still easy enough that I'm sure people will be sharing them - I know I will).

The prizes look nice too. The random stash tab rewards are a nice touch that would be awesome to receive, but my heart still won't be broken if I'm not one of the chosen few. A bit sad that the Golden Seraph set didn't get anything different like a shining effect or blue for the wing colors to make it more easily distinguished from the Seraph Armor people have paid for (both for their sake and for my bragging rights), but it's still a cool set. Not sure what happened to that black set you teased not too long ago after so many people on the forums requested a Black Seraph set... hopefully it will show up as a reward for something later on (please don't troll like that in the future, though).

Should be a fun event overall; good work on this one GGG.
Drawn by a haunting voice, you come to the PoE forums. It is an odd place, filled with a motley assortment of feedback... and shameless trolling. There, the whining posts are all around you, and the gamers are silent, as the grind takes ahold of them. One by one, their lives seem lost to its call.
Last edited by Turophile on Sep 25, 2015, 12:39:08 AM
Excellent stuff, divine shrine may need a bit of luck but otherwise seems like I've got a good chance :)
Looking forward to it, now to decide on the build...as I'm going softcore might as well do some theorycrafting!
I'm also looking forward to the map drop rate increase, less resource dependent ground effects etc, ty!
Woot! Can't wait!
"
ThePromise110 wrote:
Not a huge fan of having so many RNG-based challenges, but whatever.

Again...WHAT? I really don't get how people can complain about these being rng-based.

"
1. Full Clear: The Fetid Pool: Fully clear the Fetid Pool.
2. Identify a Unique Item: Identify any Unique Item.
3. Kole the Cruel: Kill Kole in Cruel difficulty or higher.
4. Room to Grow: Create a medium-sized Hideout.
5. The Golden Hand: Complete the quest "Through Sacred Ground" in Merciless difficulty.
6. Full Clear: Vaal Fragment: Fully clear a Vaal Side Area that was created using a Map Device.
7. Reach level 85: Reach level 85.
8. Defender: Kill any Invasion Boss.
9. Exorcist: Kill a Unique monster that has been possessed by a Tormented spirit.
10. Bait: Open an unidentified Rare Strongbox.
11. Unstoppable: Reach the fifth Rampage tier.
12. Finder of the Trove: Kill a pack of Magic monsters with the Keepers of the Trove Bloodline mod.
13. Seal the Portal: Kill a Unique Beyond boss.
14. Weather the Storm: Fully clear a Rare map that is affected by both a Tempest prefix and suffix.

That's more than 2/3 of the challenges and all of those either involve absolutely NO RNG at all or at most, something that's so common that if you're playing enough to hit a reasonably high level, you'd have a hard time NOT getting the chance to complete.

"
15. Kill a Unique Map Boss: Kill the boss of a Unique Map.
16. Assassination: Kill any Warband Leader.
17. A Worthy Foe: Kill the Boss of a Tier 8 or higher Map while it has Onslaught.
18. Treasure Hunter: Kill a Rare monster with the Inner Treasure Nemesis mod.

These ones might take a little bit of luck to hunt down on your own, but still very easily doable within a month.

"
19. Fall of the Phoenix: Kill Igna Phoenix.
20. Reach Out and Touch Faith: Touch a Divine Shrine.

Ok, you might have to work for these a bit, but still...within a whole month of playing, even these ones are easily doable solo. Not to mention there will probably be plenty of people sharing/selling them if you're really THAT desperate to complete it. But that's hardly necessary.

I really can't see any excuse to whine about rng on these challenges...

this is bs same reward sc and hc like there is no point of doing it hc. Should bring black seraph set for hc
"
Serleth wrote:
"
I_BEARS_I wrote:
Has anyone ever noticed that the people who seem to whinge the most, are the ones who support the least.

Well, that makes sense. If someone finds enough problems with the game that they're prone to whining about it, why would they donate a bunch of funds?

Also, they could just not be revealing any supporter tags.

@Tin_Foil, I've run a fair amount of maps with the Domination mod thru the device. Divines are a lot more common within the league itself. Shouldn't be that bad.

Well, I guess they could be buying stash tabs like myself...I've bought lots of them....

but yea, if someone has never ever donated a dollar to support the game, or even bought a stash tab, and they never have any intent to, then they have absolutely no business complaining, because if they were going to donate anything in the game, they probably would have buy now...
Gotta make sure I get my golden seraph set!
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
bstzabeast wrote:
this is bs same reward sc and hc like there is no point of doing it hc. Should bring black seraph set for hc

A lot of players just prefer playing hardcore and don't care about getting any special reward for doing so.
Ugh Poop. So many Map related challenges. So disappointed. :-(
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info