Map Changes in 2.0.4

"
Antistes wrote:
i really dont see the point of switching from levels to tiers.

And people will complain about map drops anyway, since even if they get 10% more maps they will need 50% more maps to actually level up. So all in all the situation will be 40% worse than now
I'm not a math wizard, but this calculation is clearly incorrect
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Pokora22 wrote:
Riiiiight... so I can say bye to trying to lvl 100 at all. It was already quite a grind

Grind? lol You're only 89, what grind?

I'm 89. Yesterday I got 2 (!) % from a 74. I basically haven't found anything above 75. the grind starts at pretty much exactly level 85. in other words, levelling after 85 - tedious as hell. and people complain about how 99-100 will be harder, I probably won't even make it to 91! the last achivement is 90, after that I might be forced to wait til ggg changes xp gain again, cause spending so much playtime on this developer's game certainly isn't worth my time.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Sep 30, 2015, 4:11:35 AM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
I'm 89. Yesterday I got 2 (!) % from a 74. I basically haven't found anything above 75. the grind starts at pretty much exactly level 85. in other words, levelling after 85 - tedious as hell. and people complain about how 99-100 will be harder, I probably won't even make it to 91!

It's more like:
1) leveling till 85 = easymode
2) leveling from 85-90 = with a decent mappool still ok
3) leveling from 90-94 = the grind starts
4) from lvl 94 up = with the current mapdrops almost not possible without buying maps as a solo player (unless you go full nolife)
Up to level 90 everyone can do it even as a casual without buying maps!

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Oct 1, 2015, 7:42:16 AM
"
NBlackLotusN wrote:

TBH here, I have played so many online games, reaching lvl 100 in POE is a childs play comparing to max lvl in those games, I have seen games where it take you 1 full month of grinding to lvl from 1-70, another month from lvl 71-75 and after that, no lifers took them around 1-2 month to get each lvl untill they hit lvl 79 where all the exp after that cut by half and the cap, after that it really take forever to hit the last 4 lvls. but grinding exp in that game wasn't boring at all, as everytime you lvl up there are new areas open up for you, and the devs encouraged people to hit at least lvl 80, they had an ingame system where anyone hit lvl 80 or 83 they let all the players know as a way to make them want to hit lvl 80 compare this to GGG's logic, many players hitting 100 lets nerf them.

even when playing POE is not rewarding, gearing up in poe is way easier than gearing up in those games, the top pro players who are controlling POE and controlling GGG, these players will be the lowest noobs if they go to play any of the games I talked about, anyone in poe can be a top player if they got lucky enough with the RNG, of if they started streaming where everything go easy for them, while in the games I used to play, being lucky only means you get a good drop but it means nothing when fighting because no matter if you were lvl 80 or of you had the top gear, lvl 60 will kill you if they knew what they were doing, they only reason to get to max lvl in that game is if you liked to go do PVE hitting those lvls will get you to see new stuff so the reward is there 100% while at POE no matter what lvl you are, you will be stuck with lvl 68 maps forever.

Edit: poe don't require any skills at all, all you need is luck or be a streamer or a no lifer who can do same thing like a robot for the whole day to be considered one of the top players.

Edit 2: one of the games I used to play, killing the hardest bosses in the game didn't give you any rewards, people used to go kill them just for the fun, and if you die, boom that's 10% exp lose and those bosses were way harder than any boss in poe, but it was fun as hell, it was just fun to wait the bosses to respawn and kill them.

Wow. Those two giant blocks of text are probably the longest sentences I've read in my whole life. Furthermore how is it possible to play ARPG's/MMOPRG's for years and not being able to realize that they all share the same core: grinding, grinding, grinding and not being the ubereliteskill0r. If you like the grind in a particular game or not depends on your own taste. Skill is a secondary requirement in those games, compared to other multiplayer games. It actually all comes down to spending your time efficiently.

If you want to play games which require some "real skill" go and play BW, SCII or CS.
This is a buff.
Just did a 90 iiq 15 pack size 77 and got a 79.
I can't say if it was a lucky run or not due to just being 1 run but I'm happy with it. I definitely hit a wall at 77 before the patch even with +100 iiq rolls.
Last edited by morinius on Oct 2, 2015, 6:11:43 AM
"
cdchi1 wrote:
Higher map drops...yes!

Taking longer to level at high levels. NO!!! I honestly cannot understand the logic behind this. People tha't dont care about getting to 100 or whatever high level won't care about this change. People that do care about higher levelling (at least most I assume) would HATE this change. So WHY DO IT??? Your manifesto DID NOT given a proper explanation for the reasoning...lets look at the reason:

" Watching the intense challenge as players complete to reach this amazing accomplishment would be more fun for the community if it lasted longer."

Who the heck 'WATCHES' someone level??? Is someone watching me as I laboriously progress from 94 to 95 right now? Who is watching me? You GGG? Oh, some watch the elite players do it...ok so if noone is watching me, why should I BE AFFECTED by the 0.000001%.

Further you say its an amazing accomplishment....that suggests to me PAST tense. So its currently already amazing...why then are you changing it?

Finally, what 'intense challenge'. Its not intense at all, it's just a boring grind. Why am I personally levelling a high level char then you ask? Because I've got nothing better to do I answer. I do not like levelling new chars thru 4 acts of story over and over so that is what I'm left with.

Seriously, I'm a recently returned player, but this could well cause me to quit altogether.

no, that's a subjunctive. it's correct like that
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 2, 2015, 6:31:51 AM
"
zalfargia wrote:
"
Lelouchzqy wrote:
GGG you suck

Nice constructive criticism. GGG won't listen if you guys just say, "lol GGG sucks so bad".

insane that at this point there are still illusionists who think that ggg WILL listen though when you're being constructive! I lol'd. hard
"
Heh... so we can forget about changing decision about tiers. In last "Full Details of One-month Flashback Events" announcement there is a sentence: " Kill the Boss of a Tier 8 or higher Map while it has Onslaught".

Basically done & done.

this means there is a limit on challenge clearing time since onslaught won't come up before day 7 or something. well, that's ONE way to keep the top players from being "too" fast. the pathetic way.
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
Heh... so we can forget about changing decision about tiers. In last "Full Details of One-month Flashback Events" announcement there is a sentence: " Kill the Boss of a Tier 8 or higher Map while it has Onslaught".

Basically done & done.

this means there is a limit on challenge clearing time since onslaught won't come up before day 7 or something. well, that's ONE way to keep the top players from being "too" fast. the pathetic way.

You can do onslaught on zana map devices, that won't stop anyone. However, unless tempest is already a map device option then this will be the one slowing people. Tempest is day 8, need that too. By design or not I think your point of view is pointlessly negative as I doubt most people will be 29/30 by then. Also, the top players will be looking to reach level 100, this will take at least 10 days I assume, so why the QQ?
"
Drakkon1 wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"

Basically done & done.

You can do onslaught on zana map devices, that won't stop anyone. However, unless tempest is already a map device option then this will be the one slowing people. Tempest is day 8, need that too. By design or not I think your point of view is pointlessly negative as I doubt most people will be 29/30 by then. Also, the top players will be looking to reach level 100, this will take at least 10 days I assume, so why the QQ?
ok the zana option, you got that right.

you read how they think some players are too fast, and hard capping players is kinda a dirty move. but really that's the most minor thing wrong with ggg's attitude and design policies right now ;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info