Map Changes in 2.0.4

good idea with map tiers but it will be harder to know what xp to expect from a map now.
tier idea: now u dont need to look the map level and calculate the xp penalty, now u can look at the tier, them calculate the level of the map, to finally calculate penalty,....oooh seens very practical now..........

map drops: slightly...........i dont think we will see any difference

people cant sustain high level maps to level up: wow awesome, now leveling takes twice the amount of time...........increadible, i am sure thats what everyone aways wanted..........this way people dont need to sustain map pools, most will give up un leveling anyway, so u dont even need maps.......best idea ever.......
"
NBlackLotusN wrote:
on the good side Devilian seems coming out soon

This.

Just watched Pohx's stream and the game look promising.

I left poe one week after tempest started, boring leveling, boring endgame combine with THE worst temp hc league ever made, I'm out.

Devilian is great news.
"
FINALBOSS wrote:
If the tier system dictated DIFFICULTY and MOD AVAILABILITY but was open to every single map in the game, THEN you'd be on to something amazingly awesome.

Like you get a map drop and it says Tier 12 and you ID it and it can roll ANY map into the Tier 12 difficulty range--i.e. a Tier 12 Crypt or something.

^^ agreed. i mean, they already showed they can do this easily with Zana... why not implement it into all map rolls? whats so bad about a little diversity with end game mapping?
IGN FatBeefyBox
Pfff underwhelmingly irrelevant changes
Pls Focus on Stuff that actually needs fixing ...

This morning i failed to travel from town to hideout because instances crashed 15!!!!! Times in a row between town spawn and waypoint (along with massive fps and lagg Spikes)....

Seriously??

That wont be fixed by giving maps some nice Colours and reworkig the Design of ground effects a bit here and there

I also understand that im probably far too uninteresting with those little 600-700$ i spend to Support this game compared to all those highgate grandmaster eternal supporters and the Like (Not to mention those market ruling upper 5% that probably have special Deals and donation ways anyway and i Couldnt care less about that)

Im Not even complaining about map drops Lol because that would impede im actually mapping, which i cant for the sake of upper reasons.

Just Come up with some real changes that actually matter ...
Adding content and reworking existing Designs is great ...
Perhaps Just Not worth the effort if the World you implement These changes to is so fragile?

Sry for These harsh Words.
Just a Player here that over time became a casual Player because this World of wraeclast has lost its Potential to actually keep me enthusiastic about it. Instable endgame content that is locked behind a broken market, whose shareholders act under conditions that are so freakingly oldschool that it wouldnt survive a second under real conditions.

I guess anyone with a Background of Business studies could confirm that.

Perhaps just some things to think about ...

Regards
Maatador
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
vio wrote:
chris: you missed the opportunity to explain your players (again) that the restricted access to endgame is by design so players spend massive currency to access endgame.
this seems the biggest problem for many.

An sole reason this game will never be great, just interesting curiosity in the shadow of D2. Restricting content access was never a good design.

nope, the sole reason is no automated trading system and not enough collectibles (though the latter got remedied somewhat with the divination cards, but there still could be so much more interesting loot, the possibilites are endless).

but yeah, no trading or other endgame goals separated from grinding = no reason to play on for me after I'm done with levelling my chars.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Mr_Dude wrote:

Why changing a logical System where the player has nothing to do but comparing his own level with the actual level stated in the map details to an abstractly conversion of a redundant 'tier'-System in which you first have to convert Tiers in levels to compare with actual Player-Levels!?!?

you are explaining here exactly why it was changed. Players only had to compare their character level with the zone level? Thats actually not how it worked, if you were lvl75 then you should not have been in a lvl75 map, you should have been in a lvl68 map, if you were lvl82 you should not have been in a lvl82 map, you should have been in something like a lvl73 map.

a few days ago, I accidentally started vagan daily (level 75) with my level 75 triple flame/searing totemer. cleared it just fine without any trouble. LOL

on the other hand voll can almost one-shot me. balance
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Sep 29, 2015, 6:12:22 AM
"
trapnaRrr wrote:
"
NBlackLotusN wrote:
on the good side Devilian seems coming out soon

This.

Just watched Pohx's stream and the game look promising.

Sadly I hate every pixel that looks manga style therefore Devilian is another game that I'll never try. But on the real bright side Albion Online opens the beta gates in november and this game seems to be the true heir of ultima online.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I'm not going to write a wall of text, because some of these changes are really starting to sting in the Blizzard kind of way.

Wish you'd reconsider building walls to your more relaxed players ( Hell, they're rarely even casual, just not putting in 56 hours a week. ) when your top 1% is going to play like they play no matter what.

Wish you'd realize tier systems just muddle an already confusing game all the more.

What is the point of leveling a char, if the end-game content is not available? The way maps are dropping is just bad. Lots of 75's but few 77+ and you can forget about 80+... Being stuck at lvl 98 doing lvl 76 maps over and over again - yeah, this is boring... And doesnt look like any change is ahead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info