Map Changes in 2.0.4

"
Oriuke wrote:
Changing map level in map tier is a terrible idea, way more confusing, and 68 - 82 maps should drop freely above lvl 67 zones with a degree of rarity, this level restriction thing is just useless, it prevents players to do high level maps and force them to always run 68 - 73 maps most of the time.

Also players reaching level 100 too quickly pls... Have you ever seen an another game where reaching the cap level is something barely achievable ? EVERY SINGLE PLAYER should be able to get a character level 100 after 2 or months playing and not just a very few of them... why would you make a simple thing such as leveling that hard ? It's not like level 100 would make your character invincible i mean the game is already crazy hard at 80+ maps, why wouldn't we be able to expand our skill tree at his maximum

TBH here, I have played so many online games, reaching lvl 100 in POE is a childs play comparing to max lvl in those games, I have seen games where it take you 1 full month of grinding to lvl from 1-70, another month from lvl 71-75 and after that, no lifers took them around 1-2 month to get each lvl untill they hit lvl 79 where all the exp after that cut by half and the cap, after that it really take forever to hit the last 4 lvls. but grinding exp in that game wasn't boring at all, as everytime you lvl up there are new areas open up for you, and the devs encouraged people to hit at least lvl 80, they had an ingame system where anyone hit lvl 80 or 83 they let all the players know as a way to make them want to hit lvl 80 compare this to GGG's logic, many players hitting 100 lets nerf them.

even when playing POE is not rewarding, gearing up in poe is way easier than gearing up in those games, the top pro players who are controlling POE and controlling GGG, these players will be the lowest noobs if they go to play any of the games I talked about, anyone in poe can be a top player if they got lucky enough with the RNG, of if they started streaming where everything go easy for them, while in the games I used to play, being lucky only means you get a good drop but it means nothing when fighting because no matter if you were lvl 80 or of you had the top gear, lvl 60 will kill you if they knew what they were doing, they only reason to get to max lvl in that game is if you liked to go do PVE hitting those lvls will get you to see new stuff so the reward is there 100% while at POE no matter what lvl you are, you will be stuck with lvl 68 maps forever.

Edit: poe don't require any skills at all, all you need is luck or be a streamer or a no lifer who can do same thing like a robot for the whole day to be considered one of the top players.

Edit 2: one of the games I used to play, killing the hardest bosses in the game didn't give you any rewards, people used to go kill them just for the fun, and if you die, boom that's 10% exp lose and those bosses were way harder than any boss in poe, but it was fun as hell, it was just fun to wait the bosses to respawn and kill them.

Last edited by NBlackLotusN on Sep 27, 2015, 1:14:18 PM
"
NBlackLotusN wrote:

Edit: poe don't require any skills at all, all you need is luck or be a streamer or a no lifer who can do same thing like a robot for the whole day to be considered one of the top players.

Would you please stop telling the truth ffs!

"

Edit 2: one of the games I used to play, killing the hardest bosses in the game didn't give you any rewards, people used to go kill them just for the fun, and if you die, boom that's 10% exp lose and those bosses were way harder than any boss in poe, but it was fun as hell, it was just fun to wait the bosses to respawn and kill them.

I'm really curious what games you are talking about. Maybe you can send me a pm?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:

I'm really curious what games you are talking about. Maybe you can send me a pm?

Pff, any from the AAA mmorpgs like lineage, wow and dozen of others.
"
Novarg wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:

Sorry Sir, but you have no idea what you are talking about. I played WoW and lineage and in both games you are able to reach the max level without any problem plus the fact that NBlackLotusN talked aboput games were the highest bosses do not even grand you any reward.
Edit: Before any smartass claims that WoW bosses are sooo much harder - they are not. The only hard thing is to gather 20 players (or 40 in the prime of that game) that are able to do the job without one or two of them going failbob again.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Sep 27, 2015, 5:49:55 PM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Novarg wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:

Sorry Sir, but you have no idea what you are talking about. I played WoW and lineage and in both games you are able to reach the max level without any problem plus the fact that NBlackLotusN talked aboput games were the highest bosses do not even grand you any reward.
Edit: Before any smartass claims that WoW bosses are sooo much harder - they are not. The only hard thing is to gather 20 players (or 40 in the prime of that game) that are able to do the job without one or two of them going failbob again.

well I sent you a pm about one of the games I played in the past, to make it more clear, bosses dropped loot, but at the time it was common items they were good items everyone used but at the same time when they drop, nobody care about, so people went there to kill the boss just for the fun of it, I played that game for around 5 years, around 1-2 hours a day, on weekends I had 1-2 more hours in there, and all that time I spent it on 1 character and I never hit lvl 80, max was 83. but at the same time I never bothered trading or anything, just the fun of pure monsters killing and little bit pvp, it had a cool trading system that you make your character set up a shop to sell items or buy items, so I used to set it up when I go to work and leave the game open, when I get back I will have some currency.
I think the game overall is a realy nice game. But com'on, u do some changes cuz some "top" players can do some extraordinary things that other not even think in doing, they invest many time to do that things and im ok whit that that kind of players are the real hardcore gamers any game have their own top players.
The thing that i cant understand is why u balance the game around them lets see 2 cleary examples:

1) Removing eternal orbs - im sure that the 99% of the players have never seen an eternal, but since a minority was taking adventage of that orbs you remove it, im pretty sure, if u remove the mirror the problem u looking to solve will banish away, not taking the orb that make any one can craft (a realy hard labour) a real good item.

2) Getting away exp cuz some players reach 100 too fast, im pretty sure that the dream of many players (including me) is to reach 100 some day. But come on now is the double a hard to get 99-100 cuz some minority is getting to fast.

I think i can list 2 or more changes that makes the same, balance the game around a small group of players.

If u can answer me why, why you do this, i will not ask never again, regardless the answer (clearly answer), u know like:
-Thats our goal the hardcord players, we never said this game was for softplayers
or
-The hardcore players conform the 75% of the donation pool so we want to make them happy
or any other "shoking response".

I can live knowing that, its ok a game must have a target group, i will not leave because of that is just i know what kind of game is this.
"
luisagos wrote:

WHY DO I GET BETTER REWARDS WHEN I FINISH A LEVEL 75 MAP THAN A LEVEL 78?
THATS WHAT IS BROKEN, FIX THAT LOGIC AND THE PROBLEM WILL GO AWAY !

^^
"
FINALBOSS wrote:
If the tier system dictated DIFFICULTY and MOD AVAILABILITY but was open to every single map in the game, THEN you'd be on to something amazingly awesome.

Like you get a map drop and it says Tier 12 and you ID it and it can roll ANY map into the Tier 12 difficulty range--i.e. a Tier 12 Crypt or something.

Now THAT would be amazing. That coupled with an increase drop rate in maps would make for an amazingly robust system. It would eliminate the fatigue of running the same 3 tilesets over and over again as well as open up all the amazing tile-sets you guys have created to everyone.

THIS

this is what HAS to happen. this change would single-handedly make end game much more interesting. also it would be extremely easy to implement (unlike my idea of kingdom warfare - own a stronghold and lands that produce goods every certain amount of time, and you can expand your territory by attacking/allying/trading with your neighbors - i.e. other players! but yeah, that would be at least a full blown expansion. ggg hire me and I'll design it for you, and I can guarantee it would expand PERMANENT playerbase by 5x!)

tier 15 arid lake with rampage mod... aah one can only dream. one can only dream. (especially since nobody ever reads my posts)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Sep 28, 2015, 7:23:38 AM
I would like to suggest one thing, but I doubt someone will even consider this.
Have ever you asked your players, why everyone wants higher maps? What rewards players expect, when they roll high quantity/difficult maps?
From my personal POV I want better exp and I guess most people will agree with this. If you are 85-90+ there's nothing much to improve in your current gear/tree. Only thing to accomplish is to gain exp and someday reach that 100.
Isn't that ridiculous when you run difficult and risky map and get less exp comparing with white/blue map but few levels higher for example? Why should I risk my neck if I see no actual reward spending currency on difficult map? Answer is simple, I want high maps because I want better exp.
I suggest to add some exp modifier, 50% iiq = x1.5exp 100% iiq = x2exp. Suddenly a well rolled 75 lvl map could be potentially better than 78. Like poorjoy's asylum - difficult and risky=better exp.

All I've read numerous times "players are reaching lvl 100 too quickly". Could you at least at ONCE explain why it is bad? It is bad for you as a company? Do you think player will quit because nothing to do left? Or maybe they will try more builds, more options, will spent more time and hopefully more money? I would really like to level two maybe more chars to max level if I knew it is possible, but why bother now if it is NOT?
Or do you really think players leaving when they hit 85-90, because of boredom and because nothing to do except to farm these low lvl maps is BETTER?
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
i don't like tier idea, leave map levels as they are..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info