POE for casual gamers

"
camapngu133 wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:
What're you talking about? Trading simulator? Unless you're a currency masochist or a professional flipper, you don't need to spend over 10 minutes a day doing trade.

I've played about 50-60 hours a week for a year. It like 50-59 hours of mapping and 1 hour of trading. And I still have more than enough currency to fund whatever build I want to play. You guys are exaggerating it.

You have clearly missed this thread didn't you?

I am lucky, therefore game is fine.

Nope, don't want to waste my time on another johnkey thread. Same story, same shit, featured since Ambush.

johnKeys - Joined: 17 września 2012
camapngu133 - Joined: 6 marca 2014

Say no more :(
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
eragon1111 wrote:

johnKeys - Joined: 17 września 2012
camapngu133 - Joined: 6 marca 2014

Say no more :(

And what exactly does my join day has to do with that? Do I have to log in from my old, long dead 2012 account to make myself legit? Ridiculous!
Last edited by camapngu133 on Sep 6, 2015, 8:19:35 AM
"
How can you invest so much time of your precious spare time into something that's anti-fun and for which you feel no real sense of achievement?

I suspect the answer is something like 'addiction', but that's just a guess.

Hmmm... There's probably a little bit of that.
"
Exile is better. If you play, you know what it is. If not, you don't have to.

PoE gamer just sounds like a term created by a PC committee.

Fucking whichever PC you want.

So you want "us" to be "beliebers"? ;)
I am pretty fine with a term that clearly says what i am. That is so un-Pc-ish as it could be. Or am i wrong?
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Hi all,

We have a great game.

I m 36 years and i have played a lot all my life, too much... But this GGG game is one of the best i ever played, maybe the best.

I like the game, the curencies, the community. If you need help, just create a party needing help and every time, a big player will help you, i did it twice today ;).

The devs really did an amazing job and "for free".... 20$ for me, stash stash stash.

Please stop complain and start enjoy. Blablabla more drop, blabla less drop, i m sure if you were not here to complain but more in the game farming, you ll drop more...

So, enjoy your dropssss.

Have fun.

Arkendia, a casual player.

Ps: sorry for my bad english
Where is the hardcore (besides the actual leagues) part mate?
And what exactly about the "4x0" changes make the game less "hardcore".

Wont you still use mostly right click?
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Mar 5, 2023, 7:21:11 PM
"
Arkendia wrote:
Hi all,

We have a great game.

I m 36 years and i have played a lot all my life, too much... But this GGG game is one of the best i ever played, maybe the best.

I like the game, the curencies, the community. If you need help, just create a party needing help and every time, a big player will help you, i did it twice today ;).

The devs really did an amazing job and "for free".... 20$ for me, stash stash stash.

Please stop complain and start enjoy. Blablabla more drop, blabla less drop, i m sure if you were not here to complain but more in the game farming, you ll drop more...

So, enjoy your dropssss.

Have fun.

If POE is the best game you have ever played: okay. I believe that there are a lot of better games out there, but i have to accept this. What i don't want to accept is: Stopping to blabla about drops. First of all: i don't drop loot at all. If i would, i would have a bad time here ;)
Second and serious: This game (as any great game) needs feedback. The devs did a great job (maybe) ny their own, but they could do it also because of feedback. Is the feedback they get useful? Sometimes not, true. But it is still needed i guess. And don't worry. I play enough.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
Arkendia wrote:
Hi all,

We have a great game.

So, enjoy your dropssss.

Have fun.

ah 76 highest? hmm yeah, doubt you even know what ''grinding maps'' even is.
"
WeaponizedSP wrote:

Who cares? People need to stop even comparing PoE to D3 we know that. Don't feed. PoE is the best ARPG out there right now but it is fucked. I mean, I love to say I'm not a casual because to be honest it's a bad thing to say you're a "hardcore gamer". I work 60-70 a week and I play this fucking game 40-50. I still have nothing really to show for it in game. Now if I TRADED 40-50 hours a week I would. There is the difference.

The game is anti-fun, unless you enjoy spending all your time trading. They need to fix the fucking trading game, need to up the map drops so you can actually play the game as well. It's bullshit and the main reasons why I've never spent any real money on GGG. I spend tons of money on other games but I will never give GGG another dime. I guess I'm a casual though because I only play 40 hours a week. I don't know what they are thinking to be honest.

Edit: I feel I need to say I have bought some stash tabs a while back

I'm a relative newcomer with almost a year in and in the past 6 months, I've been playing a ton. It's actually fairly easy to put together a build with rares and easier to level if you have a few tabs of random uniques but the end game bar hits very quick and after that, progress all but stalls. No maps, no good drops, no good rolls, you just end up doing your daily master missions and glued to PoE Goods to get +1s.

In all honesty, it's way less currency to buy gear of any kind than it is to generate it yourself. You can nab a gg roll for 1-2 ex, were it would take you 500 scours, alchemies and chaoses or exes to ever generate the same thing.

Crawling up 3-5% xp on maps only to get a bad pack or jumped by an OP boss or Exile sends you into the negative. I spent all my 77-76 maps to get to 55% at level 90 and bam, two stupid deaths (died almost instantly) and I'm right back to less than what I started on the day. No more mid range maps to run.

I've found 3 Marohis, 3 LCs, a Kaom's and a few odds and ends that I could flip for a decent price to get currency or +1s. I've only ever had max 23 ex at a time and my biggest purchase was 17 ex (gg WI staff). When I see people sell stuff for 230 ex, I'm baffled at how anyone can afford such things. All my currency I keep because rolling never works out. I'd rather trade them all up for ex and nab what I need on PoE Goods. But despite trading being so pivotal for success, there is nothing in-game. Trade Chat is the height of uselessness as it just floods with guys who spam scripts with the same bad deals day in day out. Any people with legit stuff just get drowned out right quick and I'm off it within minutes.

I don't mind hard. I don't need a Shavs every week. But when you're coming up on your one year anniversary and have put in 1000+ hours, at least one isn't an unreasonable request. Even for ex, I've probably found about 15 in total. I tell people and they look at me like I hung the moon, saying they've found maybe 2 in 2000 hours!

The increase in drop rates is welcome and I appreciate GGG for being mindful of the playerbase, but it's just not enough. When 76 maps sell for 10 chaos and 80s go for 1-2 ex, there is a problem. I'm at 9 ex now and I had to sell my prized Kaom's Heart to get that. I can trade up chaos but it's basically like 1ex every week. At this point my favorite build is complete but I can't do much with her other than tank 74 maps with maybe the possibility of getting lucky with a drop so I can do a 77+. I've only ever had a single 81 in my whole PoE career. If I have to see cells or the torture chamber one more time, I'm going to climb a watch tower!

I don't see a meager 4x increase when the drop rates are so low as even being remotely casual friendly.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Sep 6, 2015, 10:34:32 PM
Well, I got another one (check previous page for the first one)
Spoiler

So, 1 week into HC and I'm ready to dual wield Mjolner ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info