POE for casual gamers

I've never posted on the forum in a negative way but things are going really bad with the announcement of the new patch.

I don't understand why they would need to improve the drop rates which are already fine. One of the good feature of this game is that the best items are very hard to find and therefore very rewarding to find and/or buy with your hard earned currencies.

Now the best items in the game will be worth close to nothing and they're turning this game into a casual noob fest. Do I also have to mention that gems are now completely worthless as you can buy them all from vendor for nothing.

Don't get me wrong ... I love this game but it will now be as casual as D3 is ... kinda sad. (BTW I don't play D3 because it's too casual)

I remember playing this game in beta and developpers were proud to provide hardcore gamers with a really hard to master game.

Keep making updates for casual gamers who don't give a damn (and by the way don't give you dime) while your real supporters stop buying supporter packs.

Good job on ruining my favorite game by making it a casual game.

P.S. Changing the rules while a season is running is a nonsense.

How much drop rates are shit or time you need to grind for something doesnt make a game hard core, it makes it a grind fest.

This 4x more drop rates doesnt change anything, and the game still has balance like shit and is on level of free to play korean games.

GGG should really implement a league where they remove the stupid economy as it adds more problems than anything good to this type of games.
"
HighTime wrote:
I've never posted on the forum in a negative way but things are going really bad with the announcement of the new patch.

I don't understand why they would need to improve the drop rates which are already fine. One of the good feature of this game is that the best items are very hard to find and therefore very rewarding to find and/or buy with your hard earned currencies.

Now the best items in the game will be worth close to nothing and they're turning this game into a casual noob fest. Do I also have to mention that gems are now completely worthless as you can buy them all from vendor for nothing.

Don't get me wrong ... I love this game but it will now be as casual as D3 is ... kinda sad. (BTW I don't play D3 because it's too casual)

I remember playing this game in beta and developpers were proud to provide hardcore gamers with a really hard to master game.

Keep making updates for casual gamers who don't give a damn (and by the way don't give you dime) while your real supporters stop buying supporter packs.

I'd bet double of my total contributions to GGG that they receive more money from players who fall into your definition of 'casual' gamers than the players you perceive as 'hardcore'.

Drop rates were absolutely not fine.

Quit it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
4 X 0 = 0

I guarantee you after the patch goes into effect, I will still never have a shavs or other t1 drop for me.

And I'm not 98% sure of this, that's 100% sure.
The joke here is to claim PoE is an Hardcore game when most of build allow you to just run and kill all with only few worries like random poke.

You can achieve that with any builds and few currencies invested in.

Manual dodge would be something Hard. Having all map bosses difficult would be Hard ( Removing plateau / Arid lake / mud geyser bosses would be a good start ).

Making unique easier to obtain allowing more build diversity has never been a problem.

Beeing forced to switch gears flask etc often to figure out content would be hard.
Getting troubles between each map level would be hard.

Tons of things could make this game HC but it's definitively not the case and probably not how ARPG are going to be in a near futur.

Sorry for your loss.
Hf :)
GGG fine-tuning the drop rates isn't the end of the world. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
HighTime, I think you are missing a few things:

+ A game should never require of its players that they spend more time on it than they would on their job in order to achieve anything meaningful. That's not even about hardcore/casual design, it's basic common sense, which the game often fails to have.
+ Grinding is about time, not about skill. This is where the design of interesting challenging bosses comes into play, which is one of PoE's strong points.
+ Changing loot rates during a season mainly affect two demographics : racers and traders. The race is over, and traders are very capable of getting back on their feet quickly, even with this kind of setback.
"
Path of Exile is STILL one of the most hardcore, time-greedy, soul-crushingly unfair games on the pc today.

best description of PoE ever. And yet I'm in love with the game.
Path of Exile is STILL one of the most hardcore, time-greedy, soul-crushingly unfair games on the pc today. - CharanJaydemyr
"
HighTime wrote:

Oh, stop you
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info