Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

Interesting - I wonder if the drop rates for divination cards that reward old league items will be buffed or remain the same?
Last edited by Eyedol on Sep 1, 2015, 12:11:36 AM
Surprising and not unwelcome.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I cannot describe how happy I am right now.

This change is awesome because we have a lot of ladder resets and items were super hard to get within the time-frame of temporary leagues. Sometimes I got certain items right as the leagues are ending and now I can hope to get them sooner and with less trading.

Recently I made a thread in the feedback/suggestions area about drop rates in general and I noticed that most threads in there were complaining about this subject.

For the past 5 days I've been farming 100+ quant 15+ packsize desert maps for Hope card without any luck despite putting in 8+ hours a day. I "Hope" next patch makes it more viable both for me to find them and cheaper if I want to buy from other players (which will find more and that will be definitely good for the market)

Awesome change.
I don't know if this is good or bad..
#NeverGoing90
People are forgetting that 4x a one in a million chance is a 4 in a million chance. It is a welcome change but wont really break anything.
I think it was a mistake to have such small stack sizes for divination cards. This means each card drop has to be much rarer, otherwise you would get the item too easily. It would have been better if you needed like 35 cards to make a 'super rare' unique, but the card would drop a more often. That way it feels more rewarding when farming cards, rather than doing 50 runs of the same zone and maybe getting a single card to drop.
vaal or no balls
Sounds like a good change. Thanks a lot!
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
As someone who plays purely in a self-found and only trading with few selected friends. I welcome this change with open arms. (A Self-found mode would be better for me but this is already pretty awesome)

Sincere thanks from Brasil.
4x more T1 drops eh. Go big or go home I guess.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
People are forgetting that 4x a one in a million chance is a 4 in a million chance. It is a welcome change but wont really break anything.

Nah, you already could drop them, only Void Battery and Voltaxic used to be a real bitch to drop cause of the ilvl restriction.

None of them are gonna be special drops anymore. Only Headhunter now remains as the "maybe some day I will get one" unique. Anything else is gonna be a joke now, and even if you play so little that you don't drop them, you'll be able to buy them for bargain prices.

Huge win for self found players or just players who want to actually drop all of the top items themselves, no shopping BS. Sellers got screwed, that's tough luck, fellas. They're gonna be hustling today trying to dump their items, maybe there's a buyer who didn't read this.

Next up in "casual PoE" ? Vorici 6L for 200 fusings, you've heard it here first boys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info