Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

Really good news !
Looks great and all, but remember what happened with map drop increase? Maybe it was increased in 2 times, but mathematically it wouldn't do much of a difference because it s a low number to begin with. So, let's say if a chance to drop mjornir was 0.00001%, after the patch it's 0.00004%. Very tricky development manifest, placebo effect much :)
But honestly, I m fine with current unique drop rates. It has to be something really special that makes you go WOW WTF RLY, if it becomes too frequent to drop, it won't feel as special anymore.
On another hand, card drops should be increased hands down. Especially:
- Coveted Possession (it's just 5x regal card and you need 9! of them), I farmed 10-12 catacomb maps in a row, never found one)
- The Hoarder(or make it drop on maps)
- Jack in the Box(drop rate too low, not worth to farm since it's most likely will be garbage unique)
- The Explorer (it's just a corrupted rare map, why make drop rates so low?)
- The Scarred Meadow (wake of destruction(which is like 3c on poe.trade) card, however, the drop rates are extremely rare just like it's some mjornir card)
- The Sun (Rise of the Phoenix' price has went down since 2.0.0, however the card drop rate hasn't)
- Vinia's Token (same as Coveted Possession, too rare)

Last edited by LORRAINE666 on May 26, 2018, 3:45:11 PM
"
kcstar wrote:
Finally... damn that was needed!

3000 hours into the game and I have never seen a Kaoms, Shavs, Mjölnir or anything like this drop... even with leagacy mf gear in perma hc...
"
if you come back I promise I'll drop some uniques for you

Too late, play your oneshot-game alone.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Does that mean cards for league specific items are not having their drop rates increased?
Reading that right after buying a Mjölner ... nice, thanks ;)
Just as Chris states, alot of the affected uniques are build-enablers. They're not the best items for every build ever, nor the best items for most builds. Nor would they be the best item for their specific builds had they not had some unique property. Builds that were previously unavailable to alot of players will now be more accessible, while rare items which make up the majority of the "BiS" items are unaffected.
The exception would be chest pieces as there are several excellent unique ones highly sought after in temporary hardcore leagues, and this change means more players can progress further in those leagues as well.

In this respect, comparing this change to a move towards D3 is ludicrous as that games revolves entirely around legendary and set items, while rares make up a fraction of the items seen as "BiS".
Last edited by twitticles on Sep 1, 2015, 6:49:35 AM
Thank you so much for this!
About time people with actual lives and jobs will have less impossible access to build defining items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info