[2.0] Incinerate RF Atziri killer/Map faceroller build

First, I'd like to say that the basic idea of this build wasn't mine. It was totally based on RaizQT's build before he gave up the char. I made some changes and love it, so I wanted to share my idea with you.

What's the point on using this build?
Well, my main motivation was that I wanted to kill atziri easily.
Based on this, I chose a build that had a lot of fire res. And the spell that beneficiates from this is RF. To reach that max fire res, we use Purity of fire and Rise of the Phoenix.
But RF is not the main DPS of this build. The spell chosen here is Incinerate, which is good for itself without a lot of damage boosters. Incinerate is based on staying strong at the same place. For that, we use Arctic Armour. Which is - guess what - good for atziri.

Why would you choose this build?
If you get bored of doing always the same thing, this build is for you.
I personally hate farming the same spot over and over and over. This build allows you to play as full DPS, or tanky as hell, or soft-MF, or full-geared-MF. Also, the links can be changed to achiev security, or leech, or lower mana cost. This build understands your needs. <3

With this build we can:
- Facetank shitload of mobs.
- Facetank bosses.
- Facetank that crematorium fucker boss that no one wants to kill because its so fucking hard.
- Faceroll any map mod. Remeber that you can chose between using or not RF, so even with "-max res", "vulnerability" and "60% less regen", it all comes to just keep your RF off.
- Kill fast and easily.

Passive Tree (lvl 91)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwDdQSzBS0GDgn2DF8NzRQgFm8YVhkuGjgaPhpsHKccziSqJy8n7SkuK1AuUzWSNuk62DrhPAU8LT0PPfxBh0MxRtdHfk3jU6VXDVhjWHdfBF8_Y_1lTWZUaHRo8m87cYVyD3Ttdct343gNeuZ673y4fLuCB4Kbg1-DzITZhXuMz41-kFWRK5RvmjudrqIAplepbq2Nr6exQrXytz69Nr6nwBrAZsT2xq7G2M2Yz37SIdNv1HzVpti92WHaYtq52sHhc-Nq5CLqYuw47TzvDvAf8azyQfJF9kj56P4K_lT-jw==?accountName=anakkk&characterName=PONEIFABULOSO

For those who dont know, RF can be a bitch. You need a lot of life regen and fire res to dont degen from it.

For the jewels, look for:
1) Maximum life
2) Fire/spell/cast speed
3) Knockback. It's funny how that thing helps. I have 6% from 1 jewel, but even with only 6% i get a lot of knockbacks here and there.

Bandits
- Normal: Oak for +40 hp.
- Cruel: Kill all.
- Merciless: Kill all.

Offensive stats with LMP and Faster projectiles
Spoiler

Deffensive stats:
Spoiler

Gear:
This is what i use right now:
Spoiler

Required gear:
- Rise of the Phoenix. +max fire res.

Recommended gear:
- A good rare wand, Doon Cuebiyari or Doryani's Catalyst.
They all have their upsides and downsides.
A good rare wand (like mine) will get the highest DPS.
Doon Cuebiyari will be right below the rare wand's DPS, but you gain some HP from the bonus strengh and a higher cast speed means you'll reach incinerate's stage 3 faster.
Doryani's Catalyst have the lowest DPS, but its far from bad. Also, it comes with leech, which might be really useful.

There are plenty of Doon and Doryani's on the market, prices are low.

- Kaom's Roots.
A lot of life. Armour based. Unwavering stance.

- Elreon rings and amulet.
To hit that 0 mana cost.

- Belly of the beast.
Its not too hard to cap res., and it gives more life than rare T1 HP.

What to look for on the other items
- Resistances until you are capped.
- Life. A LOT of life.
- Armour.
- Strengh (since it gives you life and works with iron will)

The idea of the build is solid. We use mana-based incinerate with 0 mana cost. As you can see, i got -24 mana cost jewelry. This is essencial for this setup to work. You can use a setup without elreon's jewelry with blood magic on your incinerate link, which is explained in the Gems session.

There is also another setup, which doesn't use elreon rings and blood magic on incinerate's link. I'm going to talk a little about this on the gems section below.

Gems
Spoiler

- Mace: Purity of Fire + Righteous Fire + Empower

I see no point on wasting a whole link for RF. Incinerate clearly deals the whole damage of this build, and makes map cleaning fast. It also keeps us safe , since we can use Faster Projectiles to keep a distance from the monsters. So this goes
My PoF is lvl 20. With empower it gets to lvl 22, achieving 88% fire res. The perfect setup is PoF lvl 21 + empower lvl 3, because PoF lvl 23 makes us reach 89% fire res.

- Helmet: CWDT + Molten shell + IC + inc duration

We can take a lot of damage. Big life pool and big regen. Therefore, IC is for those moments when everything gets fucked up. That's why its as leveled as i can.

- Shield: Enlighten (at least lvl 2) + Arctic Armour + 35% mana aura you need

Here im going to do some math:
- Purity of fire (35% mana reserved) * Empower (125% mana multiplier) = 43% mana reserved.
- Arctic Armour (25% mana reserved) + Any other 35% mana reserved * Enlighten level 2 (96% mana multiplier) = 57% mana reserved
This means we use 3 auras and have 100% mana reserved.
The third aura is kinda free. If you need, use vitality. If you aren't capped on res, use purity of elements. If you want +max res (like 79% lightning res for atziri), use Purity of Lightning. (This could be useful for further DPS improvements with Schold's Bridle)

- Boots:

No gems here. Duh.

- Gloves: Blood Magic + Flammability + Flame Dash + Enduring cry

Blood magic because we have no mana. Flame dash for a little mobility, enduring cry to generate charges and flammability to boost DPS.

- Armour: Incinerate + Spell Echo + Fire Penetration + LMP + Iron will + Faster projectiles

Well well well. Here we have 2 options: use mana to cast with elreon rings (which i believe is the best), or use life to cast with blood magic and use regular rings and amulet.
With mana: Mana multiplier. We can't make incinerate cost mana. Therefore, I use Iron Will.
With blood magic: You lose a gem. But then you can get bonus with your rings and amulet. Also you'll need some extra life regen, since Incinerate is going to cost you 35ish each cast.

There are some variations even with iron will. Like GMP instead of LMP, and slower projectiles for bosses. This links are really variable, depending on what you are doing right now. If you are mapping, 2 greens are really good (LMP + faster proj). For atziri, one is enough already (maybe none?).

Pros:

- Adaptable build. You can make it work the way you got your gear. Only regen is mandatory. Like to use RF as a damage source? You can have it. Like to keep monsters close to you? You can have it. This shit is amazingly adaptable.
- 0 mana cost incinerate. Yeah, free. Free stuff is always good, right?
- 0,2% life leech. It's not that important, but it works as a life regen boost. Works fine.
- Penetration is a thing. I can garantee that i will penetrate 38% of any mobs resistance.
- Flammability helps a lotour DPS. Even at Atziri, with my fire resistance being that high i can curse her with Flammability lvl 20 and still be capped at fire res.
- Reflect is shit. With 88% fire resistance, you can laught in front of mirror atziri.

Cons:

- Rings and amulet need to be made for you. You need a good elreon's roll, be able to cap your resistances and have enough currency to craft them. Crafting can be a bitch, i know.
- Maybe stats are going to be tough to get. Even though this isnt that bad, you could always get +30 nodes from the tree.

I also tested The Consuming Dark. It grabbed my attention since the beggining. I don't recommend it anymore, seems like there is no sinergy.

Pros:
Spoiler

- Chaos damage. This means no reflect at all, and there are only a few monsters with chaos resistance.
- The rings are the best you can find.
- Atziri's promise is a great flask, since 75% of the damage is chaos.

Cons:
Spoiler

-There is no "Chaos Penetration" gem, so whenever you encounter a chaos resisted monster, it would take time to kill. (this includes atziri)
- Even with 75% of damage being chaos, there was 25% that was fire. When fighting monsters with ES, the fire would attack first the ES, and at the time i killed the monster it would still had some ES left, so my damage wasnt completely functional.
- Besides HP and cast speed, there isn't any mod on rings that helped us. So... Yeah...

Usual questions:

Q - I can't craft rings. Halp.
A - Don't worry, my child. If you pay attention, we have two setups.

Q - I use Blood Magic and I degen when I cast.
A - There are a couple of things to do. You can use Vitality. You can use Shaper's Seed. You can link Reduced Mana. You can have more life nodes from the tree. You can grab more life regen nodes. You can even use elreon rings/amulet for this.

Q - My DPS sucks :(
A - It takes time (lvl 20 gems, character lvl), investment in gear (cast speed on gear) to reach the whole potential of this. The difference is that this build works with low and high DPS anyway, it just makes your clear speed a little higher.

Q - Why a 35% aura and not 50% + gear/passives towards reduced mana reserved?
A - The third aura is really interesting to think. A 35% mana reserved aura fits perfect here. I could go after some aura nodes on the tree and use a 50% mana reserved aura. But keep in mind that you can get a lot of reduction just from your gear, and the more you have, the harder it is to get even more.
I tried Determination, which didnt added much. I even tried grace + IR, but it wasn't adding much damage reduction. The point is that you waste too many points (4 to IR + 4 or 5 to aura nodes) and maybe gear (giving up a good rare helmet to use Alpha's Howl) that i'd rather go after more life and damage and have a 35% mana reserved aura.

Q - Your gear is expensive. Is it mandatory?
A - No. I would say that if i focused on life gear, used a Purity of Elements to cap resistances, and had a 5L belly of the beast i would still be able to kill atziri.

Q - Besides gear, whats the crucial point of this build?
A - For fucks sake, level your gems to lvl 20. Incinerate is clearly a lvl-depended gem. So is PoF. Have patience to achiev the greatness of the idea. You need a lot of passive points to reach the point where RF doesnt degen. You need health from your gear endure damage.

This is my first build on the forum. Like I said in the beggining: it isnt something new, but its something that works. I'm happy to help everyone with any further questions.
Last edited by anakkk on Oct 8, 2015, 3:51:37 PM
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2016, 12:24:45 PM
So you concentrated on life. It is be interesting to see your offence/defence stats. Can you make some pics?
"
Nekrond wrote:
So you concentrated on life. It is be interesting to see your offence/defence stats. Can you make some pics?

It's on the main post, before the gear section.
(It's hard to locate stuff without banners, i know)
Hi I have a spare mara and I was thinking trying your build, for a 5l which gem should I take out?
"
Devilsden wrote:
Hi I have a spare mara and I was thinking trying your build, for a 5l which gem should I take out?

Iron will. But if you're a DPS freak that isn't afraid of getting hit, take Faster Projectiles off.
What about pots? any recommendation?
(It's hard to locate stuff without banners, i know)[/quote]

Oh, my bad. Quite nice stats. What are you think about using
? No life but increased fire damage and some life leech.
Last edited by Nekrond on Aug 26, 2015, 3:08:42 PM
"
Devilsden wrote:
What about pots? any recommendation?

Sadly I'm unsure about those.
I use 2 eternal life and 2 ruby. With 98-99% fire res we can regen so much that it works similar to a life flask, with the possibility to use a life flask if needed. I recomend mods that heals more over the mods that heals faster, since we have such a big life pool.
The fifth flask could be Divination Dstillate (+6% max res, accumulating with ruby to reach over 100%), Rumi's for block and armour (both works great in this case) or even a Granite with "of Iron Skin" suffix (this suffix could be used to your 1st-4th flasks too).

"
Nekrond wrote:
"
(It's hard to locate stuff without banners, i know)

Oh, my bad. Quite nice stats. What are you think about using
? No life but increased fire damage and some life leech.

This is a good belt for the build. Bonus damage can never go wrong, leech is never too much and fire resistance is always above the roof.
On the other hand, life can be a pain in the ass. I have 124 hp (+25 from strengh) on my belt, which ends up being 440 hp in my case (295% from the tree, 36% from the body armour).
Therefore, I would say that it is possible to use a fire doriany belt. But it would be good to have a good leather belt in hand if you wanna roll some hard maps mods.
First of all, thanks anakkk for starts new thread, cutting off from complains guys at RaizQT build.
Everyone, who plays PoE for a while known, that Incinerator is really good, just after 2.0 needed fix and its one of top map clearing builds.

I personally did different changes. I'm working with auras and charges. Currently, I'm testing Frenzy charges (5, means 20% cast and 20% MORE damage!). I keep my CWDT at lv 2, because I use it to cast Warlord's Mark and Chaos Golem (and now also Blood Rage). That 2% leech is keeping me safe with my descent life pool and helps a lot with elemental reflect mod.I lack life atm, just little above 4k, but still I face-roll maps, often entering unidentified rares - avoiding only bad compilations like -% reg, reflect and -max res together.

I would like to show out my ideas and I hope it will inspire someone to "play with the build" and find its own patf of exile ;).

My templar is focused on capped physical reduction. Since it, Im working on skippin Arctic Armour for Anger insteed (22lv = +79-127 *30% ~=23-38, but even now with 19lv it gives me almost 2k output). Also, for last week I was running maps with Frenzy charges - extremly nice buff. I hope, in several days I will able to buy this uniq jewel:

because, I usually got 5-8 buffs on (3aura, RF, golem, Blood Rage, EC, FC plus flasks).
I also found a nice "opening" - Leap Slam with Fortify as moving utility.
(I will upload ss when I back home, cant do it at work ;))

As said in build: swapping GMP/LMP for Slower Projectile vs bosses to feel the difference =)

Gear needs still work on, as I mentioned I lack life. According to previous talk about Doryani's Invitation - its nice, but since its only 0.2% leech, I think its better to craft out a good leather one.
Gear

I was also wondering about Kaom's Root, but I will need that 3th 4L.

About Consuming Dark, there is one synergy:
(2.0 Maleficence have 100% leech rate!)
Then you can grab a physical leech on gear and/or passive tree. It can be crazy leech rate.
Last edited by _Aldheart_ on Aug 31, 2015, 5:25:10 AM
"
_Aldheart_ wrote:

I personally did different changes. I'm working with auras and charges. Currently, I'm testing Frenzy charges (5, means 20% cast and 20% MORE damage!). I keep my CWDT at lv 2, because I use it to cast Warlord's Mark and Chaos Golem (and now also Blood Rage). That 2% leech is keeping me safe with my descent life pool and helps a lot with elemental reflect mod.I lack life atm, just little above 4k, but still I face-roll maps, often entering unidentified rares - avoiding only bad compilations like -% reg, reflect and -max res together.

how do you manage to cast incinerate? how many mana reserved you have? whats your mana regen?
share some stats, i suppose a lot of people preffer to go your way (ev + grace + IR)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info