2.0.2c Patch Notes

"
I don't play vacuum farmer myself. However, I don't think this nerf is needed. In order to do all those vacuum farming thing, you need to build a specific character, specific gear, need to pay zana fee, need to work as a team,

You talk about something you dont have idea about.

- you need to build: spend 6 more points to get AB for tandard cyclone build
- specific gear: 1 - 1,5 ex gloves
- zana fee: 6 chaos
- need to work as a team: 2 man team

"
So a few people post on reddit about their massive ghost loot explosions,

and a lot of people who dont post on reddit to this, I had 3 pm short after torment farming guide in warbands after I put grasp on sale. number of people who post on reddit is very small compared to entire playerbase. You can't have true view of what is happening in game if you base your view on reddit. Recently they had poll about sharing exalt recipe and 15% would share it (nice joke) and 33% would share it after getting a bit of money from it, gl with that when appetite grows with eating.

I dont see problem with this fix, It even mean better chance to get unique from ghosts instead of low curency drops from white mobs. This is buff for normal players who don't do that method.

The only problem with ghosts is this:
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 26, 2015, 3:07:51 AM
to bad I just started it
Just tested, the bonus for touched monsters isn't smaller ... GGG pretty much removed it.
Problem statement : a very few creative players find a way to mess with the ghost (stupid) IA and get an absurb amount of loot from triple ghosted mobs. Abusing game mechanics is fun, but a true problem.

GGG Problem solution : nerf single ghost's loot, so that 99.999% of the players stop getting those additional 3-5 Rares in a map once in a while.

I recognize that I have no clue about the programming complexity linked to this decision.
BUT !
There is a Vaal corruption on boots and body armour giving the CANNOT BE KNOCKBACK implicit.
Put that on ghosts and it's gonna be 1000x harder to get the ghosts going into packs, since the ghost I.A. just make them get away from you ASAP".

How is it possible that you cannot put this implicit on the ghosts, like you would do on Rare mobs/bosses ?

Why not limit the ghost effect to 1 maximum per mob ?

Etc...

Maybe I'm wrong, because, again, I have no clue about the SW complexity behind this.
However, I believe GGG is wrong too, solving a small conflict with an Atomic bomb, it's not the way to go.
This problem requires a MEASURED response.

My 0.02$

I guess I agree there needed to be a fix, but I don't with the way it was fixed. This is just punishing everyone who plays normally. Hope it's just a temporary solution until we get a proper fix. And while we're at it can we please finally get a fix for their annoying AI? I swear every time I encounter a ghost I'm angry afterwards because of their stupid act:

* Usually they run into walls and then you can't get them away from there.
* Ever since 2.0 they often refuse to possess rare/unique monsters even when they're sitting right next to them for a couple of seconds.
Last edited by PitzerMike on Aug 26, 2015, 3:42:48 AM
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Version 2.0.2c
  • Monsters that are touched by Tormented Spirits now barely drop any loot at all.
  • Monsters that are possessed by Tormented Spirits still drop the same amount of loot that they used to.

This patch was deployed without a realm restart as a direct response to any remaining urges for players to continue to play Warbands. While we felt this technique was clever, it was clearly visible that players were enjoying themselves by setting up multiple characters in order to have fun and get loot. There is no need to restart your client in order for us to squash one of the few remaining aspects of this dismal league that you enjoyed.

I think there were some typos in your post.

Dont worry, my fix was deployed without the need for you to re-create your post.
"
Cr4v3n wrote:
Just tested, the bonus for touched monsters isn't smaller ... GGG pretty much removed it.

While I hope that you are lying, I fear you are not. Planned leveling a sucklone char with a homie this weekend to experience some fun. But I suppose this is just too much too ask, no fun allowed.

Another nerf patch to screw over about 99.9% of the playerbase in response to 0.1% figuring out some clever game mechanic. Kudos to the guys having dreamt up this method, shame on GGG for insta-nerfing it once others might experience this.

This seems in line with the new direction this game is taking. As of today, my supporter titles will remain hidden until a patch emerges that throws the general playerbase a bone and contains no nerfs. So, until 2070 would be my guess.

/salt
If my post contains typos, blame my phone and my fat fingers.
why didn't you just add a Duration to the ghost effect? Wow is it really Hard to think of a solution this one?

This is the sole reason I've never publicly posted my builds. Screw that.
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
"
iSkiv wrote:
Problem statement : a very few creative players find a way to mess with the ghost (stupid) IA and get an absurb amount of loot from triple ghosted mobs. Abusing game mechanics is fun, but a true problem.

GGG Problem solution : nerf single ghost's loot, so that 99.999% of the players stop getting those additional 3-5 Rares in a map once in a while.

I recognize that I have no clue about the programming complexity linked to this decision.
BUT !
There is a Vaal corruption on boots and body armour giving the CANNOT BE KNOCKBACK implicit.
Put that on ghosts and it's gonna be 1000x harder to get the ghosts going into packs, since the ghost I.A. just make them get away from you ASAP".

How is it possible that you cannot put this implicit on the ghosts, like you would do on Rare mobs/bosses ?

Why not limit the ghost effect to 1 maximum per mob ?

Etc...

Maybe I'm wrong, because, again, I have no clue about the SW complexity behind this.
However, I believe GGG is wrong too, solving a small conflict with an Atomic bomb, it's not the way to go.
This problem requires a MEASURED response.

My 0.02$

So much this!
There are some people in GGG's "decision team" that are completely nafi and always go for the easiest to implement solution without switching on their brains. (That is also why fixes for real issues - such as map crashes - take so long: they require work).
Ah well, I hardly ever got ghosts to posess mobs anyway, so I guess this change is only consistent: I can now ignore them without that feeling of missing out on something...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
rip ghosts

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info