Developer Questions and Answers

is there going to be any rebalance of life regen mods on rare gear and on coral amulets?
IGN: Floydbinloyd
Hello,

Another question!

1) Are you considering making more short leagues with MTX as rewards such as the 1 month league with the red and blue Seraph skins as rewards? Having a 2 week challenge league with MTX as a reward would be a lot of fun (even just pets is fine!).
Has GGG considered changing the "curse immunity" modifier on some enemies? I had the understanding that part of Path of Exile's design goals was to not limit certain builds using immunity such that Diablo 2 did. No enemies in the game currently have elemental immunity, and with the changes to curses to use curse effectiveness, why don't enemies have some modifier to curse effectiveness on them, rather than straight immunity?
- What games do you look to for inspiration (aside from Diablo)?

- What real-world cultures/civilizations/religions were used for inspiration in creating the world in which Path of Exile takes place?

- Are there any themes to Path of Exile that you feel the community doesn't give enough credit to? Conversely, have you seen the community get things out of the game that you didn't anticipate?

- When you first set out to create Path of Exile, did you ever think that one day people would be looking to your game for inspiration, much like how you looked to Diablo II?

- With a team of people all working on one game, a lot of ideas don't make the cut. What idea/project had the most resources put into it that DIDN'T make it into the game?

You guys are great! Keep up the amazing work and thank you for being so involved with your community! It means so much to us (even if a lot of us don't show it all the time...)
What happened to the improvements casters were supposed to get during beta?

Literally any half-decent player knew from the very first post that the EB change was just outright bad and it was a mechanical issue, it should have never been changed. But it did and that caused MoM to become significantly worse. And then to top it all off you made one of the best gems in the game, AA, into one of the worst and now outside of Incinerate and maybe even flameblast the only reason anyone runs it is because they can just for the chill, like cyclone or PA. Then you guys realized you fucked up and promised improvements to casters (instead of just reverting changes) and all I remember seeing was faster level 19 gems which is nice and all but casters still have no real defences, Hybrid and MoM are both just increasing EHP, there is no damage mitigation there and so they get hit like a truck and 12k EHP means nothing.
bump
Last edited by Arthelinus on Sep 3, 2017, 4:55:36 PM
Today when i was playing i noticed shavronne and merveil got their voices.
Is there anymore voiceovers or soundtrack coming in next updates?
What is your opinion on passive cursing, in terms of balance and player interaction? Is it something that you might consider expanding on in the future (via, for example, a unique with a "lvl X Curse on Hit" mod) or is it something that you do not want to see a lot more of in the future?
Gameplay/Balance

-I guess it is a common question but how do you feel about CI and what do you plan with it, since right now with not much Chaos Damage added it seems not a very good option

-How do you feel about the scaleability of certain skills? Something like Flametotem that works with very little compared to other exspecially 1h weapon focussed builds that need a lot more attributes to scale up? Do you feel that there should be both kind of skills or playstyle even if that means that the easy to scale ones likely dominate racing?

-Currently crafting is mainly done with exalts, there seems to be just a very low demand for chaos-orbs. This makes cheap crafting really hard and puts a very huge gap in trading between the more common currencies and the rarer ones. Did removing exalts had the desired effect or isn`t the same effect created by mirrors as well? And how do you feel about chaos-crafting and the pricing of the meta-mods? And how do you think would a fixed currency-exchange rate work here like it exists for other currencies to limit certain exchange rates?

-How do you feel about the uniques and do you plan to eventually add uniques that allow a cheap entry into a certain type of build? Binos as an example is a very good entry-point for dagger-builds since it offers most desired stats, similar to this are Marohi Erqi or Kaoms Primacy, it feels good to have a working item to enter mapping

-You did speak about potential changes to fireball... how did those end up? It is a rather boring skill quite now and instead of offering a low-level version that could be replaced with it later Magma-Orb just seems to be an outright better version of Fireball. And Fireball is not the only skill, Ice Spear, Spark and Fireball are very iconic skills for Action-RPGs they just seem to exist in every one and to mainly the same, do you plan on revisiting them to make them more interesting (like more projectiles for Spark while leveling it).

Divination-Cards

-Could you please make them somehow distinguishable in your inventory? They look rather boring just some grey cards and if you have a few of them you can't just easily now which ones to take

-Do you have statistics how Divination Cards influence farming or do players mainly pick up divination cards in the areas they would farm anyway? And are you happy with how they turned out and have you plans to potentially use them for other things like crafting recipies or potentially putting them in the map device for some potentially interesting results?

Warbands

-Considering that warbands feel rather odd as a league how do you feel about just adding them to the game after the league ends? They seem to work better as something that just is part of the game, since it is so easy to miss most of them if you just play. However content like warbands seem interesting to spice up the game.

-Do you feel that they provide the right challange? Personally exspecially early game warbands seem to posess tools (like totems, curses etc.) that make them feel quite overwhelming.

Lore

-I always wondered about presentation of lore. All the lore we see in the game was written down by someone or is a direct result of something. So it could just be that some of these informations aren't completly correct representations of what happened.

-Both Daresso and Kaom left for Wraeclast or some location in Wraeclast. Kaom was very likely called by the beast directly, but how was Daresso led there? Will we get some more lore on his connection to A4?

-Did Piety actually finally die... she didn't really seem to pull off a Darth Vader, since there wasn't really something she did regret but she after saying something about her being speared she still struggled

-Is this world really an illusion?^^

Areas/Location

-I know you don't like questions about the future, but do you ever plan to send us to Theopolis and will we be surprised to see what actually is there?

-A4 doesn't have any side-areas, it feels rather linear and quite short

-The final area, the Harvest, contains the Shavronne, Maligaro and Doedre, it is rather hard to align them with something (Shavronne and Doedre both seem to be mage-types one witch one thaumaturg and Maligaro is a shadow it seems) but was it planned to make you decide who to kill to get some power from them, similar to the bandits?

New Zealand

-One of my friends traveled to Australia and New Zealand some time ago... he made a picture from a roof, I think it was Auckland, but not sure. On this picture I saw a lot of white cars, which are quite rare here in europe. Is white actually a cool thing in New Zealand or is there a certain reason why so many cars are white?
I have just one simple question: Will the pilgrim hat ever be for sale again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info