Developer Questions and Answers

Here are some guidelines for questions:

• We aren't going to talk about the specifics of future content.
  • We're happy to talk about current hot topics like Master Metamods, but we aren't going to answer any more questions about inter-player drama.
  • We recommend phrasing your questions in a constructive way.
  • Please check that no one has previously posted a substantially similar question.
  • If you're looking for ideas for non-standard questions, consider questions about day-to-day life at GGG, what it takes to get into the games industry, what games we've been playing, and so on. We'd love some variety so that there are questions that interest many different types of players.

Thanks for all the questions. Answers will be posted on Thursday - three days from now!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Cool :) Will wait for q&a compilation.
P.S. First time first :)
Last edited by BestiyaLV on Aug 24, 2015, 1:04:14 AM
First and foremost, THANKS to all at GGG for making an awesome and most enjoyable game, I've never invested so much time into a game before.

Is leech ever going to be looked at? That is with regards to CI and casters, etc?

Personally I don't see much advantages in CI anymore.

Lets list current downsides of CI:

1) You can't run Blood Magic map mod.
2) You can't make any use from MANY low life benefits.
3) There are basically no full life benefits.
4) You are forced to solve stun and freeze immunity somehow, because if you don't you can be easily stunlocked / freezelocked.
5) You can run like 3 auras, maybe 4 with huge investment to mana reservation.
6) You can't use Eldrich Battery.
7) You can't use Blood Rage in current state of the game. Well you can... but as a spell caster it gives you only Frenzy Charge generation. Nothing else. And there is not even good replacement for BR stacking... Poacher's mark? Useless. Its simply not worth losing ES recharge.
8) There are no flasks to recharge ES.
9) Your armour will suck because you have to invest everything into ES.
10) You can't use health regen without ZO (which is on the other side of passive tree compared to mandatory Ghost Reaver.

What do you get in return?
1) You don't have to care about chaos damage.
2) You have max light radius all the time.
3) You have 31% max ES from 3 nodes behind CI (10.3% per passive point is nothing). It is a joke compared to the new blood magic node improvements

Thats it!

Over the years CI has been nerfed over and over, while there is not a single reason to do so anymore. When I'm running public party map runs, all I can see are armour / ev / life based builds.... guess why.

CI needs something added to one of the nodes, like GR or something to the CI cluster of nodes in general.

P.S. GeeWhizz. Do you guys actually read every single post? Good luck if you do.

To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Last edited by GrumpyBear5043 on Aug 24, 2015, 7:48:55 AM
Are you guys at GGG ever going to upgrade your N64 to an SNES or even an NES?
Last edited by Nayazu on Aug 24, 2015, 1:09:35 AM
Have you ever thought of adding the bandit quest reward choices into the passive skill tree - visually? Like little icons below the starting location maybe.
Any explanation of the blatant hacking that has been going on in PoE recently?
It would be nice if the base stats would be visible somewhere and with this I mean the sum of starting stats + the increases from the passive tree (no increases from gear). This would make gem leveling easier and safer. Is this a possibility?

How many cans of soda is consumed at GGG in a week?
IGN: -
Last edited by Gorgor on Aug 24, 2015, 2:35:44 AM
Thank you, Chris and all of GGG for taking the time to answer our questions!

Can you describe in detail the development process at GGG?

Sub questions to that main question, if possible:
- Do you follow a development methodology, such as Agile development using Scrum?
- Do you use a build server with nightly builds?
- How does QA integrate into the development process?

If you're up for another question, does anyone or the team play Cards Against Humanity?

Thank you!
What's on your folks' reading lists right now? I'm looking for some new authors to check out.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Hi Chris,

I miss the life and mana globe girls.

Can we please have them back?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info