Developer Questions and Answers

i dont know if some of the questions are already too specific so just ignore them if they are or answer as much as you want/can:

- are there new currencys in planning?

- are you already working on new content?(dont wanna sound greedy right after act 4(wich was awesome) just enjoy the game so much that i want it to grow even more ;D)

- If i ever come to new zealand is it possible to visit you guys in your office? (played with the thought of doing my vacation there)

- GamesCom in Cologne. Would you come next Year? (please)

- Could you maybe desgin/add a Mannequin for your Hideout on wich you can put weapons and armor to show off (also with item mall skins)?

- Did you ever think about adding a few Cosmetic effects wich can drop from Specific Bosses? some rare, some not. would be really cool. if yeah is it likely to be added into the game?

- Will there be fishing? (No srly add this! Would be cool if you want to take a break from mapping. Fishing some currency and items)
Last edited by Swartalfar on Aug 24, 2015, 2:39:04 AM
Hey GGG!

With the all the metamod hullabaloo, I was wondering if there were any more secrets out there? Without being specific, is there anything you guys are excited for players to find, or was there anything that took a lot longer/shorter to be discovered than you expected?
Are there any plans on making the forsaken master missions when you meet them out in the wild more consistent in terms of on how you start the mission with the master? Currently on most of them, as soon you talk with them, the mission begins. On other masters, you need to click "start mission" (Which IMO is what it should be). Maybe also put an amount of XP that the master would get if you completed the mission before you do it?

Just a pet peeve of mine since you should have to click "start mission" on any master that you see out in the wild.
Will Ele Hit and Infernal Blow get some cool effects ever? Right now it looks like default attack and that makes it kind of boring to play. I know it seems shallow.
The melee skills without an inherent AoE (Viper Strike, Puncture (melee), Glacial Hammer, Heavy Strike, Double Strike, Dual Strike, Elemental Hit (melee), Vigilant Strike, and in practice Infernal Blow) feel extremely weak right now.

Firstly, is this true in your usage numbers?
If so, is there any plan to make these skills see more use?

It feels like the damage gain is negligible against a single target relative to something like Cyclone or Ice Crash, and against multiple targets it's an order of magnitude too weak, even with Melee Splash factored in (i.e. 2L single + MSplash << 2L aoe + damage support).

Past that, the skills feel secondarily weak due to a visual effects arms race, where the skills with inherent AoE are far flashier and punchy than the dedicated single target skills.

Has this effect been noticed?
Last edited by pneuma on Aug 24, 2015, 1:29:39 AM
Hey Chris and gang!

Just a few from me,

- Plans to add crit effects for physical and chaos damage, like shock for lightning?
- Fixes for Specter summoners and the difficulty in obtaining on level specters for high level mapping?
- Forsaken Master crafting for Jewels?
- Any plans to have base leech affect more than just physical attack damage?
- Chances of adding a "remaining mobs in area" to the Map Description when we hit tab?

Thanks in advance.
Hi GGG, as a magic finder character (IIR 450 IIQ 140) I would like to know what are my possibilities (from 1 to 100%) of getting for example a unique such as a Shavronne's Wrappings Occultist's Vestment, a Mjloner or even a Mirror? Can you give me please a exact number in order to know if it is worth it to be a MF in PoE.
Thank you GGG for this cool game!
Last edited by LoboX7 on Aug 24, 2015, 1:52:16 AM
Do you have any concerns about people using multiple dummy accounts to try to manipulate the market and/or get a louder voice in the trade scene? It seems like 80% of the trades I try to make that use the public board either ignore me completely (not AFK and I ask for exactly what they're offering), or re-direct me to a different account to make the actual transaction (i.e. a dummy account so they can have multiple listings on the board at one time). poe.trade isn't much better.

Also, I've heard some rumors of people using a tool that can scan players' inventories so they can get first dibs on rare items like mirrors before they're publicly listed. Is such a tool possible? Is there information that can be pulled from the servers that's not available on the website?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
1) Will we have Black Friday 50% sell out this year?

2) Do you apply stealth drop rate changes across all leagues or just specific ones? Noticed smaller Gavel and Rock Something droprate in Standard.

3) Do you plan to nerf(balance) annoying bosses like the one in Desert?

4) When will "Build of the Week" return?
Last edited by WiseGuard on Aug 24, 2015, 1:32:49 AM
Chris, Johnathan,

Will you please release API's that will provide better trading functionality than what is gained by indexing forum data?

Can you describe more on the API's in development and their release timeline ?

Is parsing of tradechat to gain item data allowed ?

Thanks,

- VOC
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info