Developer Questions and Answers

Do you ever plan to rebalance elemental proliferation or split it up into multiple elements? with the new map mod for status effects and how low AoE it is it is in a sad state. There can't be any, or very few, using this support gem right now.
IGN: Floydbinloyd
I haven't seen if this has been asked already (considering there are about 40+ pages), but anyway:

What's the dev team's view on build diversity right now?

Also, view on auras? It seems auramancers are... gone.
Also, view on revamping enlighten? Everyone seems to think it's just a change of color/rarity for reduced mana.

And finally, would you change frost blade's 180 degree limitation to bring it to par with other skills?

Yes, I am obviously asking because I personally think it has been lowered compared to before the awakening, but that doesn't mean it's everyone's point of view.

(I am biased towards agi/dual wield melee/evasion/leech/energy shield/auramancer/crit)

Since every single one of those mechanics got nerfed, either directly or via mob damage, my old build is not viable whatsoever.
Last edited by ZeroZ30o on Aug 24, 2015, 11:21:16 PM
I'd like to know if there are any plans to address performance issues caused by weather effects? Particularly the much requested option to disable the rain or other visual elements (such as desecrated ground or other player's skill effects).

Also are you happy with the current balance of elemental proliferation? I haven't really seen anyone using it this league which hints to me it was overnerfed but I haven't tested it out for myself. Would you for instance consider different damage penalties for different elemental effects, since burn seemed to be the most overpowered usage of the gem.
-How do you feel about this game having 123 passive skill points? Do you think we have enough passive skill points in the game currently?

-I remember seeing jewels in Awakening Beta that had global defenses as a potential mod. What was the reasoning for not implementing "global defenses" mod for jewels? Do you think this game should have more options to be able to obtain global defenses?

-Many players have a tendency to always get either 40 health or skill point from Bandits Reward in normal difficulty. I see that the option to get either maximum mana from Alira or maximum resistances from Kraityn is still available. Do you think this is the right approach for the game?

-Did you guys upgrade to Windows 10 in the Path of Exile headquarters?

-As of right now, there are no incentives to kill merciless Malachai unless its for the achievement which also applies to merciless Dominus. How do you feel about players not being rewarded for something that they killed?

-There is a problem that needs to be solved and its right here
--> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885514

Mark from GGG clearly stated "it will be fixed in the long term." I still don't understand what is taking so long for this problem to be solved.

Permanent Hardcore only.
Last edited by Rafurion on Aug 24, 2015, 11:23:15 PM
When you ( the GGG team) discuss about tentacle miscreations for whatever reason it may be ( balance or just randomly), do you actually call them tentacle miscreations or do you refer to them as titty bitches?
Would it be at all possible in the future to release a version of the game to be played offline in full.(As in you would have to play self found but also you wouldn't need to be connected to the internet) This ideal appeals to me greatly and I was wondering if the team has ever thought of doing this, even if it was payable or something of that sort. Thank you for an amazing game and your time!
What genre(s) would you like GGG's next game to be in, in the future?

Are you satisfied with the way casters are forced to go hybrid, pretty much exclusively, in order to be able to survive? Even levelling (a witch) is very hard due to the low amount of life she has access to (low for now, with the new dmg scaling).
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Being able to keep summoned minions through logout?

Having your "first group of the day" not default to Short Alloc when your options menu specifies the default as Permanent?

Changing the sound of Fortify buff? (when you have an army of zombies with it, it sounds like there's a ghost nearby. gets annoying ;p)

Re-opening the premium stash tab bundle sale this weekend as well since I wasn't home Saturday? ;p
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Last edited by themousemaster on Aug 25, 2015, 9:32:09 PM
Are we ever going too see a log file for guild stash.??

Are you going to make a boss where we need to be full party to defeat it. ?? Maybe in a side area. (would be fun) :)

When is the plan for the next big thing for poe ? (dont have to say what it is)

Is it possible you can change the hideout (lvl 7) so you can check your resist just like you where standing in merciless.

Can we get an option to change the colour of guild chat ?.
Cybertroth
Last edited by Cybertroth on Aug 25, 2015, 7:19:53 PM
Did you get inspired by the sphaeroboard of FFX for the skilltree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info