Developer Questions and Answers

Will this game be available on tablets and phones some how, one day maybe with a controller add on like a head set but a controller, just plug in the controller and play on the go.
Points of interest:

Difficulties -- Are you ever considering removing 1 or 2 difficulties to make the game more streamlined?

Alt f4 -- Why keep this function?

Balance -- It seems like you balance the game around the top 1-2% of the player base. Is this an intentional game design philosophy? Why?

New players -- Do you think there should be more effort done at obtaining and keeping new players? How do you think you can achieve this?
Q1: It's irksome to see a unique drop in Act 3 of Merciless difficulty only to discover that the unique is a Normal mode item class. Have you ever considered enforcing minimum item-level requirements for unique drops based on the difficulty mode?

Q2: Regal Orbs sound great on paper, but their targets only seem to gain a single affix as a result of the transition from magic to rare. This makes them very hit-or-miss and kind of obligates you to use them alongside Exalted Orbs to fill out the remaining affix slots. As a player who rarely finds either, this makes for an often underwhelming and anticlimactic Regal Orb experience. Do you have any plans to change this? Could you give them a chance to grant multiple affixes instead of just one? You could allow it to use quality to improve the likelihood just like Jeweller's Orbs and Orbs of Fusing.

Q3: Marvel Heroes has a specialization mechanic called the Omega System which allows players to further improve their heroes stats seperately from their equipment and powers. As player gain experience with any of their heroes, they accrue Omega Points, which can be invested in Omega upgrades. This system is fun because:
- It provides a way to scale your heroes when you've stagnated in other areas
- It's not a gamble like gear-grinding and experience-farming
- It's a guaranteed reward for my time investment that adds up

Do you have any plans to implement a system like this?

Do you plan on reinventing anything about past leagues? For example, adding a new shrine. Or adding a new type of strongbox for jewels. Or adding a new master.

Do you plan on changing anything about map modifier-to-quantity #'s? The giants mod in particular adds more danger than any other mod, yet gives as much quantity as a random desecrated ground mod.

Tell us something about abnormal instance load times and frame rate drops.

Is there anything already in the game that gives us a sneak peek or hint at the upcoming content/act?

How do you feel about jewels in general? A very in depth talk about removing/adding modifiers, players and end game jewels, and jewel crafting. A new way to craft jewels perhaps?
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
Hello GGG,

sry for my bad english - iam a german one ;P

Just one question:

1.Get the Guild Stash / System a update - next time?

I bought today Guild-Stash with my mate.. and we hate that System to drag and drop,
"every single item".

I mean.. its good that the Stash cant be raided from new Guild-Members..
But i hope in the future, the Guildleader have a Option for that ;)

So far - Thanks for this nice Game ;) !!!

PS: And again.. sry for my bad English
Hello,

The questions are a bit vague but they're supposed to be less case-by-case and more general.

1) Are you happy with the current difficulty curve between the old content and 2.0.0? For example: normal Act4 vs Cruel Act 1 or pre 2.0 monsters in maps vs the new mobs or the popular phys damage topic on most messageboards right now.

2a) Are you happy with the current unique item balancing? Is there enough lategame unique items dropping in maps versus the amount of leveling uniques?

2b) Are you happy with jewels? Do they offer something unique or did it fall into the trap of just another item slot?

3) With the lore 2.0 took another step from gritty medieval theme into fantasy when we got to experience the dreams of large lore characters and it also features changed directions (together with a changed past) of Piety and Lady Dialla - could this have been done in a different way to prevent the re-writing?

These questions have been reoccurring in our group of friends since the expansion and we would love to hear your view of it.

Thank you,
storyofashoe
Any feedback on how you feel the recipe for The Goddess Bound and its reveal (enigma) went ? Any chance to see it repeated for new or unknown recipes in the future?

Any chance to see (more) uniques, skills, old league mechanics removed or going trough an out / in rotation from temporary leagues ?

Are you happy with the state of the in game information?

Thanks.
Last edited by ganellon on Aug 24, 2015, 9:21:32 PM
Will you ever make meaningful dual wield skills? I ask this because recently you introduced a fair bit of skills that have their own AoE/Multitarget capabilities i.e. Wild Strike and with the recent demonstration of "statstick" dual wielding, it shows that there really isn't any reason to go "true" dual wielding. Will you balance this and if so, how?
If you guys somehow stumbled upon ten million dollars how would you guys spend it?

(assuming it had to be spent either on PoE or some other GGG related game)
How big is your ops team?
What kinds of technologies does your ops team use?
What kinds of people do you hire for your ops team?
Can you hire me for your ops team?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info