Developer Questions and Answers

Are their any plans for us to name and sort our MTX pages?
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
I had a few questions about GGG:

1. Is there a position available in the development team?

2. If so, what are the requirements you would like met to be hired?

3. Lastly, I'm curious about which programming language you use to make this awesome game what it is.

Thx
Dear devs

Thanks for taking the time to read through all our questions.

1. It seems that almost every melee character relies on Immortal Call to survive in this game, especially against huge spike damage bosses. Are there any plans to change this so that melee characters can mitigate damage better or at least by improving visual aids to these big hits so that we can try to evade (it really is hard to see some of them with all the effects happening on your screen).
I thought you guys did a good job with Voll in this regard but then some bosses like Brutus are very hard to read.

2. Have you guys ever considered having races for existing characters in the leagues? Like a race for characters above level 70 for example. When that character enters that race he or she only has their equipped items (stash is empty during race). Whatever loot you find in the race you take back to the league with you. You guys could include race only uniques as added incentive.

3. I think most people enjoy playing the leagues since it is a fresh new economy and all the items are better balanced for the new content. At the moment a lot of people feel that the game is really harsh and punishing for those who do not have a lot of time to dedicate to video games every day. Trading is tedious since you guys have just refused to streamline this facet of the game and with current drop rates people feel like they are just wasting their time looking for it themselves, then after 4 months all that time is wiped away and we start over again before most are even able to 6 link things. Perhaps it is time to consider meeting the players somewhere in the middle and making the over all experience a lot more fun for the average player? If this isn't possible could someone at least explain the implications of such changes and why it isn't being changed.

thanks again for your time and the great game (even though I moan about it a lot I still love it to death).
What is the most expensive car/motorcycle/truck/vehicle a GGG employee has purchased since the release of Path of Exile.

Allright i got a question :

Do you plan in near future to make our hideouts more usefull?
- That means after reaching lvl 8 with masters you can have all of them at once in h/o without needin to switch them for dailys.
- Can you add racks so we can use our mtx armour sets on them, so they just show off in our hideout? Those racks can even be a mtx (Cheap) and it will only work with mtx sets.
- Can we get some kind of sign, tablet in our h/o that we can edit and write somethin on it. That way players who enter our home can click on it and then it will show some text, for example : "To stash go North, to zoo go Est of waypoints" or "Welcome to my h/o feel like home" or "This is my castle, dont mess up here" etc
- Can we finally get a possibility to manually sort our decorations in tabs? And meantime plz do the same with mtx tabs as well
- Can we get some new decoration tool that will allow us to play soundtrack / in game music with our hideout? It can be allowed to all players or only those who purchased supporter packs and got soundtrack - up to you. Listening always same music depending of the ho tileset chosen.
- Oh and let us fish in our h/o as soon as possibility to fish will be implemented in-game :P

Alright thx for reading and keep-up good work GGG

2, Would you consider uploading some cool concept art to the gallery of the website? I loved the ones we recieved with the FM support packs, and I'd love to see more.

3, Are you guys friends with other developer teams in the genre? Do you seek inspiration from any?

4, Chris, are you still bald?
"just for try, for see and for know"
I have a few (kind of iffy on the future content side):

Future/In Development

- Pets being kept between logins was supposed to be in a patch soon after 2.0. Is that still on track?

- Spectres being kept between logins was supposed to be a thing at some point. Is that being worked on?

- Will you ever be able to have all level 8 masters in your hideout at once or have a way to dismiss and invite masters (maybe through a button like the Edit and Hideout buttons) so you don't have to keep running in and out of town to do all your daily missions?

- Thoughts on cross instance Trading as a temporary measure to help traders?

Skills

- How do you feel Wild Strike has turned out?

- Is Flame Totem in a good spot?

- Any Beam type skill gems that have been planned?

Items

- Favorite new build enabling uniques? Any you're surprised that no one has taken a liking to?

- Favorite 3D Art Item?

- Is Voltaxic Rift getting a 3D art?

Meta

- How are purely energy shield based characters fairing in 2.0?

- Will Master Mods have price changes again now that people are aware of them?

- Will we be seeing a Warbands + Tempest League?

- Any thoughts on more fun races to do between when Challenge Leagues end and the next Leagues?

Microtransactions (MTX)

- Have you considered Fortify MTX?

- Any new types of MTX being worked on?

Suggestions

- Can Viper Strike please deal more damage based on the number of Viper strike debuffs the enemy has?

- Haku should sell Seagull Decorations that are not dead since we only ever seem to see living seagulls at The Ledge.

- Background Music MTX for hideouts.

- Why is Voidhome still in the game? Will it be getting a rebalance at some point?

Thanks for all the great updates! I love all the changes from 2.0 and my Peacock pet!
explain vaal lightning strike please, main target effect, secondary targets and how it works with multistrike
"
First and foremost, THANKS to all at GGG for making an awesome and most enjoyable game, I've never invested so much time into a game before.

Is leech ever going to be looked at? That is with regards to CI and casters, etc?

Personally I don't see much advantages in CI anymore.

Lets list current downsides of CI:

1) You can't run Blood Magic map mod.
2) You can't make any use from MANY low life benefits.
3) There are basically no full life benefits.
4) You are forced to solve stun and freeze immunity somehow, because if you don't you can be easily stunlocked / freezelocked.
5) You can run like 3 auras, maybe 4 with huge investment to mana reservation.
6) You can't use Eldrich Battery.
7) You can't use Blood Rage in current state of the game. Well you can... but as a spell caster it gives you only Frenzy Charge generation. Nothing else. And there is not even good replacement for BR stacking... Poacher's mark? Useless. Its simply not worth losing ES recharge.
8) There are no flasks to recharge ES.
9) Your armour will suck because you have to invest everything into ES.
10) You can't use health regen without ZO (which is on the other side of passive tree compared to mandatory Ghost Reaver.

What do you get in return?
1) You don't have to care about chaos damage.
2) You have max light radius all the time.
3) You have 31% max ES from 3 nodes behind CI (10.3% per passive point is nothing). It is a joke compared to the new blood magic node improvements

Thats it!

Over the years CI has been nerfed over and over, while there is not a single reason to do so anymore. When I'm running public party map runs, all I can see are armour / ev / life based builds.... guess why.

CI needs something added to one of the nodes, like GR or something to the CI cluster of nodes in general.

P.S. GeeWhizz. Do you guys actually read every single post? Good luck if you do.

2) I personally rely on light radius as low hp indicator. So for me it doesnt count as i now have to pay one skill pt for that to work for es.

4) Convert damage into chaos damage (voltaxic, infermantle, consumedagger and bla bla) and be reflect immune

I really only have two questions.

1. Can you shed ANY light on trading mechanics you are considering implementing? I know it probably comes under specifics of future content, but we could really use a real update on this topic.

2. Will you ever consider making a cape MTX? You've done a great job on some chest MTX, like tentacle wings, but the animations on raven wings and seraph wings are lackluster to say the least. If you could make a cape MTX with a decent animation like the tentacle wings, I have a feeling it would be a massive bestseller.
IGN : Jovial

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info