Master Crafting Metamods

This is the most exciting thing i'v seen in PoE world, i love this, the fast reactions on Reddit, the ingame-economy spiking, the official responses from devs!
"
Aklyon wrote:
Someone summarize for me why this kills warbands. All I'm seeing in this thread is dramatic arguments.

I don't think it will quite kill it, but in a league that's already lacklustre, an economy-warping secret that was (unintentionally) reinforced by a game dev comment has soured the league somewhat.

If WB was a smash hit league the effect would be much less and this would be forgotten in two weeks except for the people that made dozens of mirrors.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
XxLabanxX wrote:

I do offer a question up for debate. Do you really think that the Chaos:Ex rate would be any different in the temp leagues had GGG walked everyone through this when 2.0 launched?

They'd be in the 80s already, if not to 100.

Reduction of the chaos sink that was mapping in the population mods era would have seen to that anyway.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
Aklyon wrote:
Someone summarize for me why this kills warbands. All I'm seeing in this thread is dramatic arguments.

Exalts become the most useful currency for everyone (as the crafting requires those), exalts are very rare, players already have a lot of exalts, those players with a lot of exalts will only sell them for a very high chaos amount or not at all (aka the only farmable currency). The rich get richer the poor get poorer. Had this come out of the start of the league then everyone would be on an equal playing field and the economy would evolve with it gradually.

I mean maybe if you have been playing the league already and accumulated some currency you should be okay, but players coming from Tempest to do challenges or new players are doomed.
Last edited by Saga1234 on Aug 20, 2015, 7:51:00 PM
Thank you for the post. This was really needed. Good show!
IGN JimansNotSummoner
"
Saga1234 wrote:
"
Aklyon wrote:

Exalts become the most useful currency for everyone (as the crafting requires those), exalts are very rare, players already have a lot of exalts, those players with a lot of exalts will only sell them for a very high chaos amount or not at all (aka the only farmable currency). The rich get richer the poor get poorer.

I mean maybe if you have been playing the league already and accumalted some currency you should be okay, but players coming from Tempest or new players are doomed.

This comment is rubbish. 500 chaos buys comparable items in Warbands to what it would have in previous leagues.

And 500 chaos buys *much* better items in Warbands right now than even 1000 chaos would have at the end of week 1 of the league, despite 500 chaos being 7 exalts now, but 1000 chaos having been 22-23 exalts then.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
Aklyon wrote:

At first, it was look at who is doing all the crafting. Going forward I think the same thing will continue. If you are going to be using a 3+ crafted item at all you WILL be buying it from someone and not making it yourself.

You're right though, it doesn't kill warbands I took this as an opportunity to make a character that will use an item and will get one for cheap once this mess is over. It just changes the way knew the game to be, people are uncomfortable with that for some reason.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
I don't know why you guys care so much that exalt is now 1:70c. It could be 1:10 or 1:100, it doesn't really matter, except for those who want to effectively use exalts for crafting. The economy in this game is dynamic, right now it's a bit "broken" because people are lazy and don't adapt their prices, so if they were selling an item X for 1 ex 1 month ago, they didn't change the price. I would even argue that it's better for "non high end" players (i.e. the majority) who do not craft, since when they will randomly drop an exalt, it will be much more valuable for their daily trading uses.
However, if this rising interest for exalts is confirmed in the near future, it means that this item X will NOT be bought for 1 ex because it will be way too much expensive, so the vendor will lower his price, eventually converts it into chaos if he can't find a buyer for exalts, and everything will stabilize. Maybe chaos will become once again the reference currency, as it was in the past.
The fact that there's no vendor recipes between chaos : exalts is good precisely for this. So yeah, your capacity to buy exalts has dropped since exalts value has risen. However, if you wanted to buy exalts for trading purposes, it doesn't matter, the economy will adapt to this new reality and prices will be re-balanced.
We don't need another chaos sink, chaos has not lost its value, it still trades against fusing, alts, jewels at the same price. It's the exalt value that has gone up, not the contrary.

On the topic itself, the only mistake I see there was the post by Qarl and maybe, after this mistake, it would have been better to make a public post here so everyone is on the same level of information. Otherwise, love the idea that the game has hidden secrets, sometimes not known for months.
Last edited by Dawmz on Aug 20, 2015, 7:55:58 PM
The main problem I saw with this was that before 2.0 even with the "Affix cannot be changed" meta mod an Orb of Scouring would completely wipe your item.

THIS change was undocumented and didn't make it in the patch notes.

Not even a "Changed how some of the meta mods work", so we could find out ourselves, nothing.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
path of insider trading.

if it wasn't for the post/removal of post minutes later, i would have zero problems with this. but a staff member essentially leaking/hinting at something this big to only a few privileged/lucky people who happened to see the post is kind of messed up.

i suppose i've ultimately benefited from all of this, but it just doesn't sit right. then again, it's just a game.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info