Master Crafting Metamods

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Dawmz wrote:
I don't know, in my opinion ultimately the prices are determined by the majority of the playerbase and by what they're ready to pay. Off course the situation right now is a bit crazy, this whole mirrorgate thing blew up not even a week ago, but if the majority of players consider an exalted should not cost more than 30 or 40, then it will go down to this price naturally.
But, there's something else that is never considered when we're discussing currencies Everybody is comparing chaos:exalts ratio to the ratio 1 year ago or 2 years ago when it was 1:30 or something, but that's fundamentally wrong because farming 30 chaos in 2.0 is WAY easier than it was 6 months ago and WAY WAY easier than it was 2 years ago. With the additions of all the stuff from the previous leagues, the generally upped droprates, the addition of new zones with easy to reach boss with lots of loots (looking at you voll), etc etc... the game is literally flooded with loots now. I'm pretty sure it's faster to farm 70 chaos now than it was to farm 30 chaos a year ago. I never had such wealth in currency + good loots after 1.5 months in previous temp leagues than I have currently in tempest.

agree with some of what you say, but theres a few things where I differ in opinion.

Prices determined by what we are willing to pay, I dont think thats how it works. Players need exalts if they want to craft with exalts, players need exalts if they want to buy mid tier items in trade. So its like saying if people think a loaf of bread is worth $1 and the market price due to availability is $30 people wont buy bread. Well when the alternative is starving to death then they have no choice. If your options are paying the 80 chaos for an exalt or not taking part in mid tier item trading/crafting and removing those possibilities makes the game not worth playing for you then its either stop playing the game or pay the 80 chaos. You have a choice but you dont end up paying because you think 80c is worth it or even remotely acceptable, you pay because its a choice between paying and an alternative that is not a valid choice. You have to eat, thats the bottom line, its no good telling people they have the choice to starve to death if they dont like the price of food.

Chaos recipe used to be any ilvl of gear in open beta, there has never been an easier way to generate chaos than we had back then, and at the time exalts started at 15 chaos each and stayed at 30c or less while that was in place. There was along time in between then and now where what you are saying is absolutely true, its easier to get C now than it has been in a fairly long time but if you go back a bit further it was a different story. When the first temp leagues came around the exalt ratio went up to 55c in the temp while on standard it was still 25-30c, and then that craziness merged with standard league and completely warped what was going on there.

Exalts in temp leagues and the mass scramble to acquire them feels to me like air dropping a pallet of food big enough to feed 100 people into a crowd of 50,000 starving human beings in africa. The desperation, the melee, the way it brings out the worst in people, the sheer disgusting horror of it all. It makes me hate temp leagues, Ive always hated that scramble, its so ugly and negative that it was already at a point where I felt like "you know what? fuck this, its bullshit." And that was back when it was hitting 50c.

Pretty much. And, the price is not going to drop, because there is no profit in someone selling their exalts lower then someone else. They are a needed commodity. And, they arent easily produced. Unlike the bread analogy, where someone could decide to sell loafs of bread at 25 dollars instead of 30, they could build up a customer base and make profit selling theirs lower then everyone else at 30 dollars. But there is no way for people to make a profit selling exalts lower. Hell, Chaos in general are borderline worthless. You are honestly doing yourself a disservice even selling your exalts for chaos UNLESS you can manage to sell them for a larger Chaos price then they are worth, and then rebuying exalts when you can find them for your own price. Which is time consuming and left to the flippers who 24/7 comb trade chat all day trying to rip people off out of 3-4 alterations at a time.

It would be different if Exalts were similar to Chaos in that you could actually produce them or find them more effectively. Especially now that Exalts are even more needed than before. Now, they are in even higher demand because of their crafting and their need to buy mid-tier items. Chaos are so worthless its not worth trading your items for chaos if you can help it. Its basically the equivalent of a dollar bill and a chunk of gold. If you get the chunk of gold, its going to go up in dollar bills whether you do anything with it or not. If you take 100 bucks for your item, or a 100 dollar chunk of gold for your item, well in 2 weeks that 100 chunk of gold is going to be 120 bucks, while that 100 bucks wont even buy you the same item you just sold for 100 bucks. Lately, anytime I trade an item in chaos, I go over-pay for an exalt in trade, because even if I over-pay 3-4 chaos for an exalt, in 3 days I'll have paid the same price, and in 3 more days, I've made 3-4 chaos. I've been dumping my currency into exalts since the beginning, overpaying every single time just to save myself trouble and time of finding a "deal." Because, I dont need a deal, I just need an exalt and itll make itself a deal in a week's time.
Wonder if this will affect stantard when all the nice warband people merges... wts exalt: 87c.

Now to think about it if the direction really went that way then my wealth will be almost tripled because I use exalt as my main currency and convert all chaos to exalt every chance I get at 30-40 per.

I just keep 5 stacks of chaos around for modding maps and do double beyond with zana.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Aug 27, 2015, 3:31:46 PM
I like how everyone here is hinging everything onto exalts. When people find out how valuable chaos really are, things are going to change.
Easy solution for all this nonsense: change recipe prices from two exalts to 10 regal orbs. Or 20 regal orbs, or 50 chaos orbs if you want to make it unnecessarily "hardcore". Thus exalts will have their previous, before-inflation value, and chaos/regal orbs become more valuable and usefull.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Peripherally wrote:
It would be really nice to see Chris and/or some other devs have some balls and admit the deletion of Qarl's post was wrong move on their part. Of course this assumes they believe it was wrong to begin with...and if they don't, then well I guess that will be the end of that.

It not the wrong move, they want players to figure it out themselves. Qarl made a mistake by posting that information thus he deleted it 10 minutes later. Shit happens.

As people stated in other places, allowing some people to see that info (dev post) and then not giving others chance to see it leads to, intentional or otherwise, selective profiteering which makes GGG complicit in whatever schemes follow from it.

The deletion was the wrong move, even if the dev posting it in the first place was 'wrong' on GGG's part to begin with. With the cat out of the bag, there was no way to put it back in. It was a shame some had "insider" info and got lucky learning of it while others didn't. Shit does indeed happen. My previous post here was about GGG not owning up to any of it, instead glossing over many aspects with this manifesto. As such, much of the flak they're getting is fairly valid imo.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
FINALLY!

i found a source that officially says that 'suffixes cannot be changed' dont get removed by scouring the item.

Thanks!
Hey GGG, thanks for allowing a few people to acquire a tremendous unfair advantage by deleting that information. In my opinion if you are going to implement the ability to do things like these crafting "tricks" then you ought to make the information public; even without the not-suppressed-quickly-enough "leak" someone would have figured it out eventually. So much for "fair play". In before someone says "BUT VENDOR RECIPES ARE SECRET BLAH BLAH BLAH". Yes. point taken. Rebuttal: Vendor recipes don't allow you to acquire hundreds of exalted orbs and destroy a temp league economy with next to no effort. Very, very poor choice on the devs' part. Let's hope that they learn their lesson from this.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I'd like to give my opinion on why you GGG are wrong on this issue.

This isn't like a normal vendor recipe where if a player finds out the information then shares it with the community it is essentially a neutral act for that player and the community he shares it with. This is completely different in that when a player finds out this information he instead wants to use this information against the community this has the secondary result of you GGG effectively indirectly picking winners and losers by choosing to contain this information within a small part of the community which, again, uses it against the rest of the community. Not to mention the way this works contradicts the intuitive functionality of the scours and there is no indication to believe otherwise.

Sorry GGG I think this was an unethical move. The effect of the information was far too significant in this case to withhold from the community at large.

I agree with this 100%. Saying "Oh well it is a reward for being clever" is a bullshit cop-out. That excuse might have held water to some extent, but not when GGG actively prevented the majority of the playerbase from acquiring the necessary information by deleting that post after only a few people had seen it. Once again, even providing the ability to use these "tricks" without making them public is totally unfair; actively manipulating/suppressing the information just makes it ten times worse. I am very disappointed.
Last edited by fonzychickoon on Sep 8, 2015, 10:59:20 AM
Remember one dude on stream was surprised when I said what I play in standard league.
What is point for casual player play temporary leagues and make hard grinding game even more harder? :)

Just interested, every time these leagues get owned by scammers/flippers like it is now in WB?

Worst part, what currently WB bullshit coming to standard league and prices for EX going up. I believe, what after a while standard should back on track, but WB most likely is RIP.
Well the amount of exalts that are in the economy pretty much guarantee that there's an exalt recipe i wonder what lengths were gone to keep that in the hands of a select few?

Lets just do a total orb wipe and start again LOL id love that.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on Sep 12, 2015, 2:43:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info