Master Crafting Metamods

RIP Warbands
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
Why did Carl quickly delete a reddit comment last year clarifying how this works?

He didn't want to accidentally reveal what was, at the time, not commonly known by the community. In the same way to how we don't reveal vendor recipes, we don't want to accidentally affect the natural progression of how players work out crafting tricks.

I don't even know what to say, once the cat was out of the bag, it was out of the bag, but only for the people who saw it.

I'm speechless right now. They really made that move. This is not the game I want to play or support. I'm not your fucking guinea pig for your supermarket simulator.

I'm disappointed with this situation, how GGG allowed these guys having all those advantages and manipulate the market for an entire year. Extremely disappointed as I've never been with any other game. Yeah, isn't something really important, I can continue my life as nothing happened, of course, its just a videogame lol. But, even with all the things you have done on every big patch bashing your own players (nerfs, inconsistent balance changes, mapping disasters, bugs, etc), I continued playing and loving (and hating sometimes) your game. But all the stories revealed today are in another level.

Both GGG and those people who found this method have to tell, share their game knowledge to you or me. I am so impressed how creative those players are, and if I found that at the first I will also make a bank myself without tell anybody my secret. Knowledge is power, what's wrong being smart and creative? Why GGG shouldn;t allow creative players have advantages? And also why GGG should stop people control the market if those people are legit?
This may have been allowed to go on as a secret a little too long. Time will tell if this destroys the entire Warbands league or not.

I think WB will recover but I'm far from certain about that.

There are Chaos sinks at present in the form of Zana map mods, but they are not *quite* worth using on high 70s maps. There aren't enough Regal sinks.

If the Beyond Zana mod was changed to 4 Regals, and the Domination one to 6 Chaos, I think they'd be used a lot more, or if Beyond bosses were given the ability to drop +2 map drops, or something to make these pseudo +packsize modifiers more viable. They are just a bit too expensive to be used at present.

One final thing - the ability to test corner uses of currency on the beta (where noone cared about currency near the end) cannot be underestimated.
Le Toucan Will Return
-
Last edited by Grindrix on Aug 24, 2015, 12:35:59 AM
"
eleMENTAL2013 wrote:
"
Magnicon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Why did Carl quickly delete a reddit comment last year clarifying how this works?

He didn't want to accidentally reveal what was, at the time, not commonly known by the community. In the same way to how we don't reveal vendor recipes, we don't want to accidentally affect the natural progression of how players work out crafting tricks.

A known member of the community made a statement of fact that something wasn't possible. A developer responded saying that was incorrect, countering the spread of misinformation, then deleted the correction even though it was accurate.

I want to believe chris and qarl but I think the same thing you just wrote.

I don't think it's a matter of disbelieving them, but what happened in that instance is pretty clear. Without naming him specifically, let's call him Gamble, a wealthy in-game player, and a supporter lied to everyone and GGG ended up going out of their way to perpetuate that lie.
Last edited by KrAzY3 on Aug 20, 2015, 7:47:23 PM

Both GGG and those people who found this method have to tell, share their game knowledge to you or me. I am so impressed how creative those players are, and if I found that at the first I will also make a bank myself without tell anybody my secret. Knowledge is power, what's wrong being smart and creative? Why GGG shouldn;t allow creative players have advantages? And also why GGG should stop people control the market if those people are legit? [/quote]

GGG does not have to do anything really. However, considering the fact the majority of players are pissed, that means there will be less supporter packs bought, which means a big loss for GGG. Who is losing now?The players or GGG?
Someone summarize for me why this kills warbands. All I'm seeing in this thread is dramatic arguments.
Thanks for the explanation Chris.

What you guys at GGG must understand is that for many of us you are heroes. You are the last light
standing between us and the increasingly huge waves of awful money-grabbling games out there.

We defend you passionately every time we can, because we know that you won't let us down.

And them this shitstorm happened.

You can't pretent that everything is behaving like it's expected every time. We know that you will make mistakes and we will eventually outgrow that. But please don't expect us to react kindly to 5 people making 12k exalts out of 'pure creativity'.

"
sirgog wrote:
I think WB will recover but I'm far from certain about that.

I don't think you understood what will happen going forward, Chris gave this crafting method a green light, now that everyone knows this crafting method will become common and exalts will be spent like nothing we've ever seen.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
Thanks for clearing up if this is an intentional use of the masters or not.

I find it funny how many people are upset at the fact that they were not the ones who got to profit from this. If a group of people were the ones that figured this out and used it to get rich then kudos to them. I love the fact that this is the way GGG runs their game. It is our responsibility to figure out the game, it's not GGG's responsibility to hand feed everything to us. Anyone complaining about it is most likely just upset that they were not one of the people who got to take advantage of it. I mean come on people. If I figured out a way to take advantage of something that could make me a millionaire in real life is it my responsibility to go out and tell everyone so it's fair to all? Not a chance and nor would 99% of people out there. They would make their money, then they would tell some of their close friends about it so they could get rich too. That is exactly what these guys did.

On a side note I find it rather amusing the amount of people that were going off about GGG removing eternals and a big part of those same people are also saying this should be removed from the game because it is doing the same thing to the economy that eternals did..... So a way to get similar results emerges for you to do the thing that you are mad you can't do anymore and you are upset that GGG alows this to continue because they didn't tell you about it before you could take advantage of it?

I do offer a question up for debate. Do you really think that the Chaos:Ex rate would be any different in the temp leagues had GGG walked everyone through this when 2.0 launched?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info