Master Crafting Metamods

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Rampe69 wrote:
Oh please people, stop acting so entitled...

Yea please stop guys. So what if GGG gave them the backdoor tipping to 20,000 exalts?
It has nothing to do with you. Stop being so entitled.

Proofs?

sigh sister, you missed out the point. whether or not GGG did what they did or not, it doesn't change the end result. Just stop being so entitled (or hilariously defensive towards anything people say).
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:

sigh sister, you missed out the point. whether or not GGG did what they did or not, it doesn't change the end result. Just stop being so entitled (or hilariously defensive towards anything people say).

Interdasting damage control for having no proofs, "sister".
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Jiaozy wrote:
The main problem I saw with this was that before 2.0 even with the "Affix cannot be changed" meta mod an Orb of Scouring would completely wipe your item.

THIS change was undocumented and didn't make it in the patch notes.

Not even a "Changed how some of the meta mods work", so we could find out ourselves, nothing.

That's the worst part. This is a bullshitty mechanic, that goes against the way which players have always been made to read text in the game before. They've always made it clear that descriptions are precise, and you shouldn't have to read through notes or threads for pertinent information. It should be in the game. Chris's explanation of this is crappy, as well. From playing the game since onslaught and anarchy (over 2 years, which is long for most gamers and most games today, despite others having played this for much longer), I would never have expected a scour to leave these master mods, even given the shoddy allusion in the old patch notes.

And obviously nobody was going to experiment with something like this given the circumstances, and it's not just about "cleverness" (I find that claim patronizing). It's really telling actually, the fact that people have played this game for so long, coupled with the fact that almost nobody figured this out. Clearly it was not obvious.

Funnily enough, I'm much more upset by map drops. This is a smaller issue to me.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Aug 22, 2015, 12:23:31 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

Interdasting damage control for having no proofs, "sister".

You have any proof that GGG didn't do it then?

exactly...

Hilariously defensive sister.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:
"
Jiaozy wrote:
The main problem I saw with this was that before 2.0 even with the "Affix cannot be changed" meta mod an Orb of Scouring would completely wipe your item.

THIS change was undocumented and didn't make it in the patch notes.

Not even a "Changed how some of the meta mods work", so we could find out ourselves, nothing.

That's the worst part. This is a bullshitty mechanic, that goes against the way which players have always been made to read text in the game before. They've always made it clear that descriptions are precise, and you shouldn't have to read through notes or threads for pertinent information. It should be in the game. Chris's explanation of this is crappy, as well. From playing the game since onslaught and anarchy (over 2 years, which is long for most gamers and most games today, despite others having played this for much longer), I would never have expected a scour to leave these master mods, even given the shoddy allusion in the old patch notes.

And obviously nobody was going to experiment with something like this given the circumstances, and it's not just about "cleverness" (I find that claim patronizing). It's really telling actually, the fact that people have played this game for so long, coupled with the fact that almost nobody figured this out. Clearly it was not obvious.

Funnily enough, I'm much more upset by map drops. This is a smaller issue to me.

Scouring wiping "can have multiple master mods" hit quite a few people and it was mentioned on the forum usually thru some kind of rage post of ripped 2ex and this was made quite well known. Hence people all assumed scouring = wipe master mods... until this was either changed or someone figured it out this wasn't the case.

Welcome to PoE.
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:
That's the worst part. This is a bullshitty mechanic, that goes against the way which players have always been made to read text in the game before.

No, that goes against what you are used to see happening when you use a scouring.
Not everything is indicated in in-game texts. Nothing in game says that orbs can't be used on corrupted items, that you need ilvl 50 to roll 6 sockets, that scraps gives 5% qual on white items but only 1% on rare, etc etc... A lot of things in PoE are not explicit and only learned by players through external sources and/or game experience.
However, when something is written in game, it's usually right and clear. In this case, scouring says "Removes all properties from an item". So we can conclude that meta mods are not considered "properties" of an item. A chaos orb says "Reforges a rare item with new random properties", does it remove meta mods ? If not, then it's consistent. Note that Exalted orb says "Enchants a rare item with a new random property", and an exalted cannot add meta crafting mods, so yeah, it seems you gotta live with the fact that when the game says "properties", it doesn't include meta mods.
Last edited by Dawmz on Aug 22, 2015, 1:35:03 PM
ayyy lmao
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
"
Ventor wrote:
ayyy lmao

LOL
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I hope GGG will not change anything because of reddit drama, reddit was good but now it is filed with people who are mad because someone who play more or is smarter then them is better in game. They beg to make game easier instead of working for something they want.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 22, 2015, 3:39:06 PM
This was poorly handled from start to finish:

1- The patch notes (about the meta-mods crafting) should have been clearer.

2- The dev comment shouldn't have been deleted AFTER being posted (because it's unfair to do so).

3- This manifesto presents no solution to the inflation creating more frustration and doubts than ease.

I love GGG and their interaction with the community. They are above many other development teams out there and they simply made a really, really good game but I think this manifesto should have at least hinted about a "solution" to what is happening and will continue to happen with the economy of the current temp leagues.

PS: IMHO the minimum that has to happen right now is an exalt drop rate increase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info