Master Crafting Metamods

"Change is good."

Warbands has become the guinea pig of these changes.

We will enjoy the "new" crafting metamods in the next one i guess ...

1 ex : 75c/80c up up up

If you're going through hell, keep going. Timezone GMT +2:00
Interesting that GGG shares information with players and, after enough (GGG guildmembers?) saw it, remove that information.

Interesting that GGG aids in hiding people from a reputation these people built themselves, to protect users of such information maybe?

Quite curious that GGG is treating some people more equal than others.

I mean, none of this affected me personally, but it sure suggests that that GGG likes colluding with friends(?) to get them massive benefits over the rest of the player population. This is probably exactly why the market sim aspect of this game exists, I believe, and why there is no way to opt out of it, short of opting out of the (otherwise amazing) game as a whole.

"
If you do that, you won't be punished by GGG, the only punishment will be your reputation.

Not true: If you are equal enough, GGG will protect your reputation in these cases.

Edit: Changed wording since it's all totally speculation and totally random that specific players get special treatment.
Last edited by Fennell on Aug 22, 2015, 7:33:02 AM
"
Chris wrote:
the fun of trading.
Are you serious Chris ? To trade is not fun, definitely not.
How many players quit because he 'mislead' the community about having 72 mirror orbs?
Legacy items are BS
Hi everybody,

it's funny that a stunt like this brought me back onto this forum. Well, I won't play the game anymore, for two reasons:

1. It doesn't feel rewarding in the long run.
2. It is not balanced well, especially in terms of its endgame content and currency use.

Let me explain where I'm coming from. I played the game for about one year and have finally arrived at a point where I somewhat figured out trading and making builds. I was lucky to get into the Act IV Beta and had fun exploring the new content. The new additions were interesting and encouraging. Basically, it felt like making a character and getting to those high levels where you get the high rewards would be possible without the horrible grind that was there before.

I understand that grinding away at the higher content is intentional. But I have arrived at maps in 2.0 and it simply feels broken to me. I know exactly, that I'd have to upgrade my character's gear to survive - but I can't afford it! And now, with this fluke event in the economy, I won't be able to do so in the short term.

Sure, I could accept the received wisdom that "you have to try harder", but why bother when there are rewarding and exciting games out there for less than the price of a couple of premium stash tabs? Why not explore that? Well, you're right, that's what I'm going to do.

It's up to the company to make and design their game. I feel that Path of Exile was fun while it lasted and I thank you for this free to play game. I'll be sure to check back. Perhaps one day, it'll be manageable for average players like me.

Best of luck,
udergl
"
"
Chris wrote:
the fun of trading.
Are you serious Chris ? To trade is not fun, definitely not.

I trade because i want high lvl maps in order to progress or specific uniques who are definitely not lootables in 1 year of gaming.

But i largely prefer to farm orbs and craft my rares.

No fun in trading, definitely not.
LMAO, this revelation was the kinda entertaining I have to say.

Saying the shift in economy is normal and everything related to peoples' behaviour is not is the most retarded thing I have read in a while.

Compare: Oh, now we have a crisis on our hands. Some people short-sold like crazy and got ritch. Other people lost everything. But! That's normal. The smart winning and the dumb losing is intended that way. Prices have shifted like crazy but that's okay.

Do you even realize that the poe economy is so far away from what is referred to a healthy economy, it is more than ridiculous?
It's based on bots farming, flipping (also referred to as cheating others) and RMT. The economy is not a free market, but rather controlled by monopolies. If you have 10,000 exalts you can have a high impact on exchange rates and capitalize on that. It's like a playschool for kids.
Please don't compare this with reality. In reality the markets adapt very quickly by the rules of arbitrage. There are opportunities to make profits quickly, of course, but as soon as they arise they quickly vanish again. The markets are effective. That's the big difference.
In poe you have an inefficient market controlled by very few and this will likely never change, as sad as it is. Market inefficiences are tolerared and can last whole leagues (like in this instance) or forever (like in case of legacy items which come into existance out of nothing). Supply on average is never equal to Demand, which makes it so bad.
Diablo 2 solved this by resetting over and over again, same what poe tries by introducing temporal leagues. But how about fixing the core issues? It would be possible, but it doesn't seem to be intended.
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Aug 22, 2015, 9:22:20 AM
Holy shit, now all the treads in general discussion about different aspects about this mess are being lock. Way to go for damage control.

I really want to unquit, but every time I come here you guys are giving me more reasons not to trust GGG anymore.
Legacy items are BS
"
Soulsniper wrote:
Holy shit, now all the treads in general discussion about different aspects about this mess are being lock. Way to go for damage control.

I really want to unquit, but every time I come here you guys are giving me more reasons not to trust GGG anymore.

No need for several threads about the same topic.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Fennell wrote:
Interesting that GGG shares information with players and, after enough (GGG guildmembers?) saw it, remove that information.

You're spreading bullshit. Think about it for a second, if a GGG member wants to share private information with a player of his guild, do you really think he's gonna post on reddit and delete after 10 mins ? He would simply sends the guy in game or whatever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info