Master Crafting Metamods

"
grepman wrote:
"
pabrt wrote:

GGG has lied by omission, and is complicit in intentionally misleading and damaging the majority of the playerbase.

you cannot lie by omission if you do not say anything.

if we count what Qarl said as 'saying something', then Qarl did not lie- because he said the truth

if we dont count what Qarl said as 'saying something', then theres nothing to omit from.

lying by omission is saying something that omits an important detail which changes the point of the statement. something like Im a billionaire but 'forget' to mention its in japanese yen

By commenting at all on the post's validity he is staking a claim as to its truthfulness (or lack thereof.)

In deleting his reply he is omitting an important detail that alters how the post he is replying to is perceived.

If he had left his post up, he would have been denying Ventor's post. In deleting his post, he is affirming Ventor's post. In other words, he actively deceived the playerbase, knowing full well it would lead to negative consequences for 99% of them.
Last edited by pabrt on Aug 21, 2015, 2:34:00 AM
"
jaredh wrote:
Dreadful position for you to get yourself into GGG

1 - your idea of an economy sucks for 99.9999999% of people. Really it does
2 - you code secret game defining stuff and don't tell anybody about it. Dumbest thing I've ever seen from a game developer
3 - you leak said secret game defining stuff to a couple guys and go ahead and don't tell everyone

This is all tied to the ridiculous drop rates for EX. These things should drop like Alcs. I've been playing 3000 hours and seen 5 drop. I should have gotten 600 at least. I'm dead serious.

If you don't significantly buff EX drop rates or seriously change things, and I do mean in the next week, this game is going to be dead.

And that would make me sad. Everyone I know is thoroughly pissed.

^ This.

I'd be glad to see PoE go down the tubes for what they've done on this issue, and the overall bullshit economy simulator they've made PoE into.

Totally fucking sick of GGG catering to the few no-life scammer types that get the best gear and end-game. Not to mention the coding, lag, DC, FPS issues that don't get fixed, and the many other issues that get ignored.

No, it ain't fun dumb asses.

Then the owner posts damage control propaganda spew - as if Chris' post makes this fiasco OK. I'll tell you right now Chris: you're full of shit. When PoE dies you should go work for Blizzard, if not sooner. Ironically, you'd fit right in at the scummy corporation that you started out not to be like.

Regret that I ever gave you one single cent. Well you've made your millions and you're all set now, so what do you care, hmm? My consolation is that I know it won't last much longer at the rate you're going.

I'm outta here.
Last edited by Arthikas on Aug 21, 2015, 3:01:55 AM
"
Anomiaz wrote:
Hey, anyone remember in d2 when the server drop dupe was made public? Remember how suddenly items worth 5-10hr became worth an account of hr because the runes were worth less than the time it took to dupe them?

Hey, remember when the US Fed bailed out the big banks back in 2008 because of all their toxic debt, leading those who profited from those to possess their ill-gotten wealth unmolested?

Remember how the people suffer still from inflation and poor wages, being unable to compete with the big business that was allowed to pervade the society?

Remember when the US government supported it?

This is what you have wrought. You are the economy drivers, and from your post, the only message I am reading is that what you're going to offer us is change.

Then, like now, it's not the change we need or want. Your avarice and contemptible disregard for the well-being community you created makes me ill.

I love your game. But you've really lost sight of what is important. Please reconsider your stance on this; many do not understand how inaction in this matter is such a huge step in the wrong direction.

Purge the greed demon from your souls.

I don't know if this is more amazing if it's sincere or parody.

Bonus points for thinly veiled Obama swipe though.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
What the Heck is just happening here?
You cant really expect ppl to just eat that and keep on as if nothing ever changed do you?

Ive supported This game with quiet a big ammount of money for sup packs and the Like, although having become a casual Player as of late due to actually Having a real life.

This has just completely erased every bit of faith i ever had in this game ...

Ive allways supported New Players with the Bit of knowledge i Could Provide, i have done free atziriruns, giving Players Workshops and hints on how to improve their builds, never beeing chintzy on giving one or two decent rares out to share the luck i had with drops and trades.

I allways thougt just ignoring Lowballers and Flippers would be enough to somewhat just Not Support the superrich getting richer but Apparently thats Not enough.

Speechless for now ...

That just ...

Support gone currently ...

What a mess. ...

"
pabrt wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
pabrt wrote:

GGG has lied by omission, and is complicit in intentionally misleading and damaging the majority of the playerbase.

if we count what Qarl said as 'saying something', then Qarl did not lie- because he said the truth

if we dont count what Qarl said as 'saying something', then theres nothing to omit from.

lying by omission is saying something that omits an important detail which changes the point of the statement. something like Im a billionaire but 'forget' to mention its in japanese yen

By commenting at all on the post's validity he is staking a claim as to its truthfulness (or lack thereof.)

In deleting his reply he is omitting an important detail that alters how the post he is replying to is perceived.

If he had left his post up, he would have been denying Ventor's post. In deleting his post, he is affirming Ventor's post. In other words, he actively deceived the playerbase, knowing full well it would lead to negative consequences for 99% of them.

sorry, that is logically incorrect

deleting a post does not change truth value of a post.

if you make a post how x = y and I prove you wrong in a post, then delete it, I did not affirm your post.

GGG has the right to say nothing, regarding speculation players try pass as fact. in fact, posters on the forum do it all the time.

if players choose to perceive what others say as truth, its their problem.

the only thing wrong in what he did (not lying - he never lied, deleting a post is NOT, I repeat, NOT the same as saying your post is wrong), is limited exposure of his statement. meaning, some saw the post and some did not. ie, informational advantage in a way that wasnt spontaneous.
Last edited by grepman on Aug 21, 2015, 2:49:01 AM
I love the salt. People blindly believed Ventor & co when they said it doesn't work. That's why I always ask for proofs :) I just hope GGG doesn't budge and keeps handling crafting like this.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I love the salt. People blindly believed Ventor & co when they said it doesn't work. That's why I always ask for proofs :) I just hope GGG doesn't budge and keeps handling crafting like this.
yep. sheep got fooled by a false shepherd.
"
grepman wrote:
"
pabrt wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

deleting a post does not change truth value of a post.

if you make a post how x = y and I prove you wrong in a post, then delete it, I did not affirm your post.

As a direct result of deleting your post (omitting privileged information from the conversastion), anyone reading will think x = y.

This is the same as affirming it. Doubly so when you are speaking from a position of privileged knowledge over the other participants.

Regardless of this, I don't care what you call it; it is clear to both of us what GGG should have done, as well as the way they've mismanaged the situation since then.
What i think will happen:

- ex to chaos ratio jumps to 100+++ chaos to 1 ex
- top items will STILL be traded only in exalts
- there will be more gg items that will be ONLY traded in exalts to cover crafting price
- there will be way more WTB EX SPAM
- game will be more NOT FUN for casual players

Have a nice day :)
its friday.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Lets ppl discover recipe is cool but change how works an orb(scouring) and dont explain it in patch not is just silly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info