Master Crafting Metamods

"
Soulsniper wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Please note that there is incentive for people to mislead others if they find a secret recipe or crafting trick.

So it's ok to be respected and straight up lie to people on these forums and reddit to protect a money making secret.

Makes me wonder if there is an incentive for GGG to have their own shady RMT site.
what did GGG specifically lie about ?
"
grepman wrote:

I am talking about players that lied er um 'mislead' other players, not GGG

Don't want to name names, but I am looking at the reddit thread right now.
Legacy items are BS
Last edited by Soulsniper on Aug 21, 2015, 2:05:18 AM

Qarl posted a correction to Ventor's misinformation about how the metamod interacts with scourings.

He then quickly deleted this post instead of leaving it up, such that only a few saw it.

GGG has lied by omission, and is complicit in intentionally misleading and damaging the majority of the playerbase.

Any company engaging in unethical and untrustworthy behavior such as this deserves no support from its players.
one funny thing is that some people claimed that they didnt care for economy and yet with this 'reveal' they suddenly care about economy and claim that this particular issue affects their ability to play the game

so which one is it ? am I the only one straight laughing at the hypocrisy here ? if you didnt care about economy before, the metamods and currency acquisition via flipping should affect you in no way whatsoever. people were playing for a year over a span of THREE leagues without knowing about these mods.

just like if you werent doing uber atziri, making hope fragments x100 rarer would have no effect on you.

if you did not find the secret chainsaw in doom II at the start, that did not impede your ability to enjoy the game.
"
Soulsniper wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

I am talking about players that lied er um 'mislead' other players, not GGG

Don't want to name names, but I am looking at the reddit thread right now.

ah, yeah that. well, its not ethical and I in general despise lying (aside from things like poker), but its within the rules...usually GGG tries to correct something if its blatantly wrong

hence the Qarl fiasco. if theres anything I agree with the general outcry, its that Qarl shouldnt have deleted that post once he posted it
Chris, when will you own it and stop acting North Korea all over the place.

You screwed up, it became a shit storm, own it and move along. Nobody is perfect but I´ll be damned if I ever saw you admit GGG did bad judgements or calls regarding PoE.

I have no issues with there being craft secrets and what not but having misleading information on functionality on orbs and even worse - letting devs open their mouths just to censor it revealing the secrets to a lucky few... thats just messing up.

Own it.
"
pabrt wrote:

GGG has lied by omission, and is complicit in intentionally misleading and damaging the majority of the playerbase.

you cannot lie by omission if you do not say anything.

if we count what Qarl said as 'saying something', then Qarl did not lie- because he said the truth

if we dont count what Qarl said as 'saying something', then theres nothing to omit from.

lying by omission is saying something that omits an important detail which changes the point of the statement. something like Im a billionaire but 'forget' to mention its in japanese yen
"
Chris wrote:

That's part of the fun of trading.

Trading is not and has never been fun. We have very different ideas of what constitutes fun. I'd love to trade/sell stuff without ever having to interact with a person in any way.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I think Chris, Qarl and the gang, you guys need to really sit down and think about what you are doing with this game. Is this still an ARPG game first and foremost? Or is this an economy simulator? Because the negativity in here, the negativity about crafting in general, the negativity about your map system, the negativity that has held this game back and cost it a large amount of players over the last 2+ years is largely down to the fact that you put your economy simulator ahead of the ARPG that most of us came here for and you are quite happy for the game to literally not function in many areas for the majority of your player base to facilitate this obsession with your economy simulator pyramid bullshit.

It will be the end of your ARPG fan base eventually and that will leave no community for your little money games to exist in.

Completely agree. Every so often GGG's mostly hidden founding philosophies becomes glaringly clear...and they are often at odds with that we thought they were.

"
Chris wrote:

Path of Exile is all about being rewarded for being clever.

...I guess that's why I struggle in this game and am finding that I am liking it less and less as time goes by....
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Just in case my faith in the devs wasn't low enough already, this happens.

Great work GGG, real confidence-inspiring stuff here.
closing the stable door after the horse has bolted...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info