Master Crafting Metamods

I must admit this issue keeping misinformation in the community over clearing it up for the smug player who always questions everything, the map system overhaul desaster putting a wrench into players progression into the high mid tier of endgame because the RNG is such fun, the increased rarity of level item so they become rich players priviledge, I STILL play and enjoy this game. But I could have so much more fun with it. That makes me a bit sad. Like a lot of player I feel some disappointment, but I have confidence that GGG will make the right decisions from the community backlash, I know you guys get tons of undeserved stuff thrown at you on a daily basis. I hope this does not count towards it. I just hope there will be the right steps taken in order to put a lot more FUN into this game.

"
Imagine new player starting on standard.He reaches level 70 and looks for a build.Then he says "LoL this low live inc. look really nice.lemme check the prices of items i need to grind for." ANd then he checks Shavs and prism guardian and GOES WTF I NEED 100 EXALTS TO BUY THOSE 2ITEMS NEEDED FOR MY BUILD AND I FOUND 1 EXALT THE WHOLE LEVELING MY CHAR TO 70.GG.

I guess that's when he uses his brain, and understands that he should try to find a build more in line with his net worth in the game, like one of the 193991 budget builds that exist each and every patch (try cyclone for 2.0, works well self found, not even need an ex and you can reach lvl 100 ez).
-
Last edited by Grindrix on Aug 24, 2015, 12:36:29 AM
"

You wont find and sell items for + exalt.With this new crafting, the rich ppl will craft and sell, they will get richer you wont.Thats it if you are not hardcore poe gamer/streamer and you cant spend moer then 12 hr a day farming.Otherwise yes you might do it.

Wait, what u r saying is that i won't be able to find items worth exalt+ while mapping, if i won't play 12+ hrs a day? That's completely wrong and not even a point for argument, meh, i'm pretty sure i WILL. This crafting system won't change this fact in any way (at least in temporary leagues which i am playing).
I think everyone agree that they should have told everything when qarl made this mistake. However, as far as I know, qarl's post was online something like 10 mins, I suppose they thought that not many people saw it and that it wasn't a big deal. They probably didn't imagine it would backfire 6 months later. It was obviously a mistake though.
Last edited by Dawmz on Aug 20, 2015, 9:01:11 PM
"
fatelessguy wrote:
"

You wont find and sell items for + exalt.With this new crafting, the rich ppl will craft and sell, they will get richer you wont.Thats it if you are not hardcore poe gamer/streamer and you cant spend moer then 12 hr a day farming.Otherwise yes you might do it.

Wait, what u r saying is that i won't be able to find items worth exalt+ while mapping, if i won't play 12+ hrs a day? That's completely wrong and not even a point for argument, meh, i'm pretty sure i WILL. This crafting system won't change this fact in any way (at least in temporary leagues which i am playing).

You wont find the perfect item to beat the item those rich ppl crafted without farming.It has to be perfec item or high end unique.You cant expect that even farming alot.I mean ok....if you are very lucky guy you can do that but most people dont.
Last edited by victorusbg1980 on Aug 20, 2015, 9:02:19 PM
*Reads the manifesto*

...Same old bullshit, different day. Whooptie-do...economy reigns supreme and trumps all in this game. Ah well, fuck it...nothing else for me to say.

Last edited by Tanakeah on Aug 20, 2015, 10:29:32 PM
Man I'd really like to go on a point by point rant, but I'm just too tired to be bothered at this point. What I will say is I'm officially done supporting this game. I don't want to be forced into back-alley shadey dealings, blackmail, or misleading my peers in order to be successful in a GAME.

It really seems you guys have lost the vision that the "spiritual successor" of a diablo game is. Hey hey, you wanna know how you should get currency/loot in these types of games? How about you devise a build, then take said build and kill monsters?. But that's not what Path of Exile is, is it? I don't want to be apart of these convoluted politics and ecomonics. I play a game to escape that bullshit in the real world. Your speak of being "clever" should only go as far as what builds can someone dream up today? Not how I can game the player base.

Now I must admit I've been in the dark since day 1 that this was your intended manifesto. Had I known sooner I would've bailed a long time ago. But it really is no surprise. Nothing is intuitive in the game. Why should it be any different out of it either?

You can keep the damn shirt.
"
Gixxerdude wrote:
The rate of chaos to exalt in warbands has made me not even interested in logging in. By the time I accumlate enough chaos orbs, I can't even trade them up, as the price has jump so far. And this includes using the 2c recipe to farm 40 or so c a day.

It's disgusting and brings forth terrible memories of D3 level rng.

Well..... you should go and thank those so called "Smart people" that had inside info and then spread miss information about the crafting. Now your tiny amout of chaos cant even buy half a exalt.GG no RE.
"
"
fatelessguy wrote:
"

You wont find the perfect item to beat the item those rich ppl crafted without farming.It has to be perfec item or high end unique.You cant expect that even farming alot.I mean ok....if you are very lucky guy you can do that but most people dont.

U do realise that crafting is expensive, so the item they crafted would be at the very least at the cost of craft (u do remember, that meta mod price is 1 exalt and u need to exalt the needed mod after this, and if u don't, u repeat it - it's VERY costly) - while i can sell just decent items for 1-2 ex and i actually find them pretty often while mapping (well, often enough not to worry about those crafted 15+ ex priced items and just accumulating my own currency pool and such upgrading slowly).

So basically, it will affect very high end tier 1 items, but it won't affect 99 percent of players in any other way except for currency exchange rates, and for this - economy will adopt really fast.

Once again, may be permanent leagues are affected a lot more, but i'm talking just about temporary leagues. (temporary hc leagues for me specifically).
Last edited by fatelessguy on Aug 20, 2015, 9:17:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info