Master Crafting Metamods

I don't understand why everyone is crying so hard. Can we first remember this is a VIDEO GAME. Holy shit. So many other problems in real life that effect you and the economy but instead of realizing it, your sitting on a forum crying like 12 year old girls about an economy on a VIDEO GAME. I can understand that people get flustered because they didn't know about this method of crafting early but my god this kind of stuff happens in every game that has an economy and people move on and forget it happened. Its like if GGG doesn't spoon feed you, then your just completely helpless. Zzzzzz

/rant
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.
When people describe 99.9% of the game population being affected, please don't include self found players (I imagine probably quite a lot) like myself.

I dont really understand why people are complaining about this information (or lack of) like it should have been handed to them on a plate? It's not like the game mechanic has been exploited. It was intentional, If you dont know it but didn't try to test/discover it then whats the problem?

There are things to be discovered still I bet and its down to the player(s) who discover it to choose how they share this information.

Anyway my 2 cents, I still play self-found so it effects me in no way but please stop the whining.
IGN: Munkehboi
"
AwaitingApril wrote:
I don't understand why everyone is crying so hard. Can we first remember this is a VIDEO GAME. Holy shit. So many other problems in real life that effect you and the economy but instead of realizing it, your sitting on a forum crying like 12 year old girls about an economy on a VIDEO GAME. I can understand that people get flustered because they didn't know about this method of crafting early but my god this kind of stuff happens in every game that has an economy and people move on and forget it happened. Its like if GGG doesn't spoon feed you, then your just completely helpless. Zzzzzz

/rant

People are just angry they didn't know something earlier, than others, and while exactly this would sound bad, they think of different reasons why this is bad and why they are angry. I am not one of those guys accumulating currency, still i am not angry and enjoying the situation and drama and how non-game things like reddit or forum affect ingame economy, really awesome.
Hey, anyone remember in d2 when the server drop dupe was made public? Remember how suddenly items worth 5-10hr became worth an account of hr because the runes were worth less than the time it took to dupe them?

Hey, remember when the US Fed bailed out the big banks back in 2008 because of all their toxic debt, leading those who profited from those to possess their ill-gotten wealth unmolested?

Remember how the people suffer still from inflation and poor wages, being unable to compete with the big business that was allowed to pervade the society?

Remember when the US government supported it?

This is what you have wrought. You are the economy drivers, and from your post, the only message I am reading is that what you're going to offer us is change.

Then, like now, it's not the change we need or want. Your avarice and contemptible disregard for the well-being community you created makes me ill.

I love your game. But you've really lost sight of what is important. Please reconsider your stance on this; many do not understand how inaction in this matter is such a huge step in the wrong direction.

Purge the greed demon from your souls.

So much incredible going on here. Like some, not really sure how to respond to it.

Chris, you and all you devs have a responsibility to the entire POE community to make and keep the playing field as even as possible. This whole incident is rooted in GGG going against that principle. Qarl's comment should have been left up, so what followed would have been natural understanding by the whole community. You guys failed your players.

By deleting and "helping to keep the secret", you allowed the ones who did see it and grasp what it meant to benefit immensely. This is wrong, morally and ethically, on so many levels. If nothing else, you and GGG should know many people lost some faith in your company today. I don't expect people who make the game to act like people who play the game, typically wanting to hoard wealth and control "mini"-market economies like they are so many Donald Trumps. Literally, devs are above that on the chain of company > end-user.

You claim to have done so in the interest of allowing "clever" people to benefit from whatever quirks they discover within POE. Do you imagine that most people have enough currency to be tinkering ad infinitum with level 8 master mods? How many people do you think even reach level 8 on masters in temp leagues? The sheer number of presumptions built up here is staggering. Most people cannot and do not and will not even approach the kind of game time + game currency required to simply be "clever enough" to find out how different mods/master crafts work. Yet this is claimed as a reward for the "clever" ones.

The elitist mentalities pervading the OP leaves me speechless...
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"
fatelessguy wrote:
"

You wont find and sell items for + exalt.With this new crafting, the rich ppl will craft and sell, they will get richer you wont.Thats it if you are not hardcore poe gamer/streamer and you cant spend moer then 12 hr a day farming.Otherwise yes you might do it.

Wait, what u r saying is that i won't be able to find items worth exalt+ while mapping, if i won't play 12+ hrs a day? That's completely wrong and not even a point for argument, meh, i'm pretty sure i WILL. This crafting system won't change this fact in any way (at least in temporary leagues which i am playing).

You wont find the perfect item to beat the item those rich ppl crafted without farming.It has to be perfec item or high end unique.You cant expect that even farming alot.I mean ok....if you are very lucky guy you can do that but most people dont.[/quote]
U do realise that crafting is expensive, so the item they crafted would be at the very least at the cost of craft (u do remember, that meta mod price is 1 exalt and u need to exalt the needed mod after this, and if u don't, u repeat it - it's VERY costly) - while i can sell just decent items for 1-2 ex and i actually find them pretty often while mapping (well, often enough not to worry about those crafted 15+ ex priced items and just accumulating my own currency pool and such upgrading slowly).

So basically, it will affect very high end tier 1 items, but it won't affect 99 percent of players in any other way except for currency exchange rates, and for this - economy will adopt really fast.

Once again, may be permanent leagues are affected a lot more, but i'm talking just about temporary leagues. (temporary hc leagues for me specifically).[/quote]

Not really. They could easily buy bargain bin items that got screwed over by bad suffixes, erase them all, multi-mod it, and make lots of exalts that way. Their was clear profit earlier in the league; all you had to do was get a couple masters to 8, or find one of the master people, who would do a lvl 8 craft for 5-6c.

Its only VERY costly in the upper-tier of items, where multi-moded caster weapons still topped the dps searches. Maybe in standard its harder, but in a temp league, in Warbands, just being able to multi-mod a tyrranical bow made people money; much less being able to reroll cheap tyrrannicals ruined by too many poor suffixes.

Same as all the money people made buying cheap 6l bows and +3'ing them. I know I sold a white 6l thicket for 4 ex, to which that guy, a reseller, probably got +3'd and had 5 ex in it and probably resold it for 20-30. The cost is only important when the market is flooded. When its not, the margin is HUGE. Like now, trying to roll a decent tyrannical weapon and sell it is far more costly then doing it 2-3 weeks ago.
Last edited by Destructodave on Aug 20, 2015, 9:24:37 PM
"
AwaitingApril wrote:

/rant

Pretty much this. When you operate within the game the price you pay or the things you do are a snapshot of the current conditions of the enviroment. Like people crying about +3 items, it's not like you didn't know purchasing one would come up for the end game transition and the things they did leading up to it were under the assumption that they were the old prices. They were willing to do those actions regardless. So it seems silly to whine.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
fatelessguy wrote:
"
AwaitingApril wrote:

/rant

People are just angry they didn't know something earlier, than others, and while exactly this would sound bad, they think of different reasons why this is bad and why they are angry. I am not one of those guys accumulating currency, still i am not angry and enjoying the situation and drama and how non-game things like reddit or forum affect ingame economy, really awesome.

I just don't understand. I found out about this, crafted a bow then a staff and am continuing just as I was yesterday. People act like this is the only way to make money and if you can "afford" it then you might as well give up on making money. LOLOLOLOL! Some people man.

Also wanted to add that if ANY of you cry babies found out this method and knew you could make that kind of money, NONE OF YOU WOULD OF LEAKED IT! Grow up, its a tough world out there buttercup. :)
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.
i don't get why people want to make a conspirancy out of this?? how could GGG staff members/devs benefit from this? you guys are making an elephant out of a fly...
ign: ALLRAUDER
I'm torn. On one hand, I like the fact that the game still has secrets left to be uncovered and taken advantage of. As much as it annoys me that there's probably someone or a few someones printing exalts with an unknown recipe, the fact that they can do that secretly is pretty cool.

However, Qarl's actions in this are wholly unfair. Sure, this debacle confirms that which we have all been thinking for a long time: that all the top traders and crafters are massive cunts who lie and fuck over everyone else on their way to the top. Just like Real Life, right?!

But Qarl's participation in this is sad and unfortunate. He confirmed, for a select few who managed to see his comment, that master crafting had some ridiculously powerful possibilities. And he did so when those mods were far too expensive for most people to ever hope to afford. Doing the necessary tests was mostly not possible.

But as soon as it was announced the the master mods were becoming cheaper? The few in Ventor's, Lightwoods's, and Flubby's posses were basically given a free pass to a hundred mirrors each new challenge league. They had inside knowledge handed to them by Qarl on a silver fucking platter.

That's just not cool. Once Qarl's tongue slipped, it should have remained slipped. His comment getting deleted was basically GGG saying, "Here you go. Go ahead and fuck over the economy and game experience for everyone else!" to a handful of lucky players who got to see it.
https://redd.it/p0hyul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info