Master Crafting Metamods

"
fatelessguy wrote:
Can some1 please explain me why, why for the love of god every1 cares so much about it? I mean ok, some people made some currency (ok, a lot of currency) using more or less legitimate way, whatever. Well, in real life every day a lot of people make a lot of money, but i actually care about myself and my family and friends and such. Well yeah, things they did caused inflation, not that good, but i, as an average player, didn't even mention it, or, well, i found ways to deal with it and to trade in a bit other way. There are lots of things in PoE and real life which affect economy, popular fotm builds, patches, balances etc etc, what is special about this situation that every1 just went for their pitchforks? The fact, that 5-6 people just went a lot richer cause they knew something others didn't? I don't know about you, but i don't actually give it a ****, moreover, i find it interesting and amusing.

Why? Think about it. If you are not one of those rich people, now you have even less chances of getting good items cos every good item is in exalted orbs. The price of exalted orbs goes up, now you have even harder times of buying one, cos they are very rare and usually you end up trading your other curency for exalts.
"
fatelessguy wrote:
Can some1 please explain me why, why for the love of god every1 cares so much about it? I mean ok, some people made some currency (ok, a lot of currency) using more or less legitimate way, whatever. Well, in real life every day a lot of people make a lot of money, but i actually care about myself and my family and friends and such. Well yeah, things they did caused inflation, not that good, but i, as an average player, didn't even mention it, or, well, i found ways to deal with it and to trade in a bit other way. There are lots of things in PoE and real life which affect economy, popular fotm builds, patches, balances etc etc, what is special about this situation that every1 just went for their pitchforks? The fact, that 5-6 people just went a lot richer cause they knew something others didn't? I don't know about you, but i don't actually give it a ****, moreover, i find it interesting and amusing.

People care because there was a developer mistake (Qarl's comment) that gave a major hint to some players in the real-loss PVP environment that is trading.

Some idiots claim it was actual Dev-player collusion, that's obviously wrong but it still had a big impact on the game.

Any player into mid maps has noticed the economic impact of it.

The lesson to learn for GGG - a policy of secrecy is fine, but if you screw up secrecy (and that *will* happen sometimes) - own up and say 'the cat is now out of the bag' and make it public.

I'm still waiting for the exalt vendor recipe to be widely known though. That will change the game forever.
Le Toucan Will Return
I done quit for good a couple of weeks when I was getting screwed by map drops. Now, I come to poke around and see there is a big 'Fuck you' on the icing of my cake.

This is so bad, confirming for a couple of people that it did work, then letting the same people still spread misinformation.... I have no words for this stunt.

Well good luck to Path of Screwed Casual Players.

With the price of obrs, what you did screwed EVERYONE who has ever traded in PoE.

Edit:

What has happened is that I cannot trust GGG at any level anymore.
Losing trust is game breaking.
Legacy items are BS
Last edited by Soulsniper on Aug 20, 2015, 8:50:07 PM
"
"
fatelessguy wrote:

Why? Think about it. If you are not one of those rich people, now you have even less chances of getting good items cos every good item is in exalted orbs. The price of exalted orbs goes up, now you have even harder times of buying one, cos they are very rare and usually you end up trading your other curency for exalts.

I will just play more to find items that are worth exalt or more and slowly accumulate chaoses additionally (Every league i play through the distance i accumulate enough currency to make my builds work, and i don't think it gonna change in any way now, ingame economy will pretty easily adopt to these changes already in current leagues, i'm pretty sure)
"
sirgog wrote:
"
fatelessguy wrote:
Can some1 please explain me why, why for the love of god every1 cares so much about it?

The lesson to learn for GGG - a policy of secrecy is fine, but if you screw up secrecy (and that *will* happen sometimes) - own up and say 'the cat is now out of the bag' and make it public.

Agreed.
-_-
"
fatelessguy wrote:

dw, we will find it amusing too when you need a specific unique worth a few ex and realize the cost of chaos:ex when you need to exchange it. WE will be ready to laugh like champions :D
"
"
fatelessguy wrote:

What planet are you on?

Do you honestly believe that 200 chaos orbs buys weaker equipment now than it did on day 7 of Warbands???
Le Toucan Will Return
"

I think that may be true for today but will change soon. Stuff priced now at 1ex will get changed to something more like 50c and you'll be able to buy. It'll have to happen, otherwise nobody will be able to sell their stuff. The kicker is that now when an exalt drops for you, you're going to feel like you just hit twice as big of a jackpot. So the economy changes... it's kind of a mess for a while but it won't take long for things to settle in where they need to be.
"
fatelessguy wrote:
"
"
fatelessguy wrote:

I will just play more to find items that are worth exalt or more and slowly accumulate chaoses additionally (Every league i play through the distance i accumulate enough currency to make my builds work, and i don't think it gonna change in any way now, ingame economy will pretty easily adopt to these changes already in current leagues, i'm pretty sure)

You wont find and sell items for + exalt.With this new crafting, the rich ppl will craft and sell, they will get richer you wont.Thats it if you are not hardcore poe gamer/streamer and you cant spend moer then 12 hr a day farming.Otherwise yes you might do it.
"
Dawmz wrote:
"
ElChivoDiablo wrote:

Well, now, that is over. No longer am I going to just play this game to have fun. I'm now going to play this game with the goal if hitting that top 1%. Not in level, not on the ladder, but in the bank account. Money is power. It's true in real life, it's true in Wraeclast. I can't manage that this league, obviously that ship has sailed, but next league? Cut throat ruthless flipping scumbag. Buy cheap, sell high, exploit every possible mechanic I can catch wind of so I can get those mirrors, craft the most god tier gear possible, and face roll everything. No longer will the bulk of my effort be spent in actually playing the game, but rather, in playing the players.

To be fair, the game has always been meant to be played like that. That's why loot was FFA in the beginning, you could find posts from chris back in 2012 where he explains that players are all exiles where survival of the fittest is the norm. The game is meant to be a competition, an economic competition, an information competition.
Off course, you don't have to actively participate in this competition if you dont't wanna do it, you can certainly enjoy the game as a solo player and not care about all this dimension, but it's not something new.

But honnestly, many people massively overreact in this thread. The exalt price and these new recipes have 0 impact on like 99% of the population. If you didn't intend to use an exalt to craft yourself, it doesn't matter.

You're correct, not gonna disagree with you one bit. And the sad thing is, I've always known it. I just no longer have any desire to "grind" when that's not even how you become successful in PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info