Master Crafting Metamods

"
ElChivoDiablo wrote:

Well, now, that is over. No longer am I going to just play this game to have fun. I'm now going to play this game with the goal if hitting that top 1%. Not in level, not on the ladder, but in the bank account. Money is power. It's true in real life, it's true in Wraeclast. I can't manage that this league, obviously that ship has sailed, but next league? Cut throat ruthless flipping scumbag. Buy cheap, sell high, exploit every possible mechanic I can catch wind of so I can get those mirrors, craft the most god tier gear possible, and face roll everything. No longer will the bulk of my effort be spent in actually playing the game, but rather, in playing the players.

To be fair, the game has always been meant to be played like that. That's why loot was FFA in the beginning, you could find posts from chris back in 2012 where he explains that players are all exiles where survival of the fittest is the norm. The game is meant to be a competition, an economic competition, an information competition.
Off course, you don't have to actively participate in this competition if you dont't wanna do it, you can certainly enjoy the game as a solo player and not care about all this dimension, but it's not something new.

But honnestly, many people massively overreact in this thread. The exalt price and these new recipes have 0 impact on like 99% of the population. If you didn't intend to use an exalt to craft yourself, it doesn't matter.
Last edited by Dawmz on Aug 20, 2015, 8:27:01 PM
"
ampdecay wrote:

whatever Chris no one believes you

You are delusional if you think you know anything about what other people do or do not believe.
"
Dissolator wrote:
"Path of Exile is all about being rewarded for being clever."

BUT in the case of Qarl's deleted post - few people just got lucky to read that comment before he deleted it. Those people didn't even spent eternals to test this - they saw Dev's answer and took adventage of it. This is like using maphack in a race - not fair. If Dev said this and few people saw it - this comment should not be deleted.

Exactly... but few white knight morons defending GGG and those..... how to call them?.......Flippers?Illuminati?Rich basterds? by calling them "Smart"....Yah they are so smart......got info inside GGG where now one else could have. anyway... You got the point

Edit: They not only got the "Inside info" They also spread miss information.
Last edited by victorusbg1980 on Aug 20, 2015, 8:30:48 PM
"Is the behaviour going to stay like this?

It's very likely, unless some surprising problems are found. It has been used by people for quite some time, and while it's a powerful crafting method, it's an intentional feature that just happens to be hitting public adoption a bit later than we expected."

Oh, I'm so relieved.

This is such a non-issue I can't believe how many panties got bunched.

Also, TY Chris for calling it like it is and pointing out that the word "broken" is an empty term with no meaning in this context.
I would be interested in GGG's view on the 70:1 (and rising) exchange rate. It is a significant problem and a rather large barrier to trade:

- Players price items in exalts based on their past experience in 1:30 economies

- Exalted orbs are rare enough that they're almost exclusively traded for

- Exchange rate goes up, prices don't go down.

- Net effect, prices go up.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
"
Dissolator wrote:
"Path of Exile is all about being rewarded for being clever."

BUT in the case of Qarl's deleted post - few people just got lucky to read that comment before he deleted it. Those people didn't even spent eternals to test this - they saw Dev's answer and took adventage of it. This is like using maphack in a race - not fair. If Dev said this and few people saw it - this comment should not be deleted.

Exactly... but few white knight morons defending GGG and those..... how to call them?.......Flippers?Illuminati?Rich basterds? by calling them "Smart"....Yah they are so smart......got info inside GGG where now one else could have. anyway... You got the point

It was handled incorrectly. There's no doubting that.

Fortunately, it's only a video game and people make mistakes.
Can some1 please explain me why, why for the love of god every1 cares so much about it? I mean ok, some people made some currency (ok, a lot of currency) using more or less legitimate way, whatever. Well, in real life every day a lot of people make a lot of money, but i actually care about myself and my family and friends and such. Well yeah, things they did caused inflation, not that good, but i, as an average player, didn't even mention it, or, well, i found ways to deal with it and to trade in a bit other way. There are lots of things in PoE and real life which affect economy, popular fotm builds, patches, balances etc etc, what is special about this situation that every1 just went for their pitchforks? The fact, that 5-6 people just went a lot richer cause they knew something others didn't? I don't know about you, but i don't actually give it a ****, moreover, i find it interesting and amusing.
"
XxLabanxX wrote:
Thanks for clearing up if this is an intentional use of the masters or not.

I find it funny how many people are upset at the fact that they were not the ones who got to profit from this. If a group of people were the ones that figured this out and used it to get rich then kudos to them. I love the fact that this is the way GGG runs their game. It is our responsibility to figure out the game, it's not GGG's responsibility to hand feed everything to us. Anyone complaining about it is most likely just upset that they were not one of the people who got to take advantage of it. I mean come on people. If I figured out a way to take advantage of something that could make me a millionaire in real life is it my responsibility to go out and tell everyone so it's fair to all? Not a chance and nor would 99% of people out there. They would make their money, then they would tell some of their close friends about it so they could get rich too. That is exactly what these guys did.

On a side note I find it rather amusing the amount of people that were going off about GGG removing eternals and a big part of those same people are also saying this should be removed from the game because it is doing the same thing to the economy that eternals did..... So a way to get similar results emerges for you to do the thing that you are mad you can't do anymore and you are upset that GGG alows this to continue because they didn't tell you about it before you could take advantage of it?

I do offer a question up for debate. Do you really think that the Chaos:Ex rate would be any different in the temp leagues had GGG walked everyone through this when 2.0 launched?

absolutely this
Ah, so this is basically just complaining because people expected x and did not get x because they weren't expecting x to work...Even though GGG has the most specifically worded affixes I've seen ('increased' and 'more' not being synonyms, 'cannot change' meaning it will not goddamn change, added fire always giving you fire damage and not plasma lightning or something instead, etc)

At least we're still probably better than [insert arbitrarily-chosen wc3 mod spinoff here] communities.
"
gilrad wrote:
I would be interested in GGG's view on the 70:1 (and rising) exchange rate. It is a significant problem and a rather large barrier to trade:

- Players price items in exalts based on their past experience in 1:30 economies

- Exalted orbs are rare enough that they're almost exclusively traded for

- Exchange rate goes up, prices don't go down.

- Net effect, prices go up.

But.. stop reacting like if players were stupid or something ?
During the first week of a league, exalts can usually be bought for 20c, sometimes even less. Later, it's 40c, or even 50+c like right now.
Pre 2.0, goldrim were sold for 2c. Their rarity, offer, changed. The demand stayed. Now they're sold for 2 ex.
Players WILL adapt their prices, they're not stupid, they want to sell their shit. Off course, there is some latency here because the economy is extremely unstable these days, but give it a week or 2 and things will move. People won't let their items at a 10ex tag price when 10ex is now worth 2 or 3x more than it used to be.
Last edited by Dawmz on Aug 20, 2015, 8:44:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info