[2.1] Crit Tri Curse Perma Freeze Over a 100k tooltip not counting curses 6k+ehp (no longer updated)

"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
Hey Super, I'm lvl 82 now and just face-rolling shit, even freezing t5-t6 map bosses in like 5 man parties(provided the right circumstances).Im at 60k gmp so very close to you and super excited.
Note: I currently only have 68% Freeze Duration and 21% chance to freeze (2 jewel sockets filled)

Just 7 questions I have:

My Gear

My lvl 82 Skill tree Shadow

1st Q: Do u recommend I fill out the "normal" tree first and then do the remaining 3 jewel sockets or remove some damage from the tree and fill out the jewel sockets first? The Objective here is to Improve Boss Perma Freezing at the highest levels in full parties.

2nd Q: What is the MINIMUM Freeze Duration and Chance to Freeze that you recommend?

3rd Q : I replaced Elemental Weakness with Assassin Mark. What is your thoughts? Ps, those 3 pwer charges are pretty great.

4th Q: This is maybe a bit tricky but, can u explain the biggest factor/s that will cause you to perma freeze top tier level bosses? Is it hight crit milti, chrit chance, Freeze chance, freeze Duration or flat cold damage? If it is all or most of the above, In what order from most important to least important?

5th Q: What do you think of swapping out GMP/LMP for Point Blank? would that help perma Freezing the Top Tier bosses in Full Parties? Or would Culling Strike be better?

6th Q: What do you recommend on Jewels? I didnt see you mention it in the guide. But i guess: Freeze chance and duration, then cold DMG, Projectile dmg/speed and Crit multi / Chance if available?

7th Q: Is it viable to make this build Full Energy Shield?

I'm gonna answer this I swear, but I'm gonna wait a little bit, till i get a chance to work on the 2.1 version. I don't want to give answers to something that will be obsolete tomorrow anyway.
IGN SuperGaco
Looking forward to a 2.1 version of this, looks fun. Will probably start leveling a character to play this within the next day or so while also playing my Contagion witch, seems like the majority of the tree would still be the same with the new tree?
Last edited by Scotteeh on Dec 13, 2015, 1:07:45 AM
My build is not done yet (my armor set) but still works good on the new pach, hp/es went from 5K to 4.5 but the rest is the same from what i see.

I have just a question: do you think 4 points in +1 power charge +1 frenzy would be a nice acquisition?

Thanks for the build :D
Hello!

First of all, thank you for sharing the build. I am in process of lvling up stil but would like to check with you a couple of points.

1. Due to low budget, I am building a life based build, basically switching:
-armour for 5L Belly.
-Obviously avoiding the Life oh Hit ES passive but still going for insta-recovery LoH
(Which is far away in 2.1 tree, saving some skill pts there, although also skipping the the Chante to Freeze beside it.

2. Also for budget, I will be replacing gloves.
Though about some options, maybe u can recommend beter;
-If on party; Lochtonial Caress (Conduit)
-Solo; Winds of Change / Asenath's Gentle Touch(Tempral Chains) / Non-corrup Maligaro

Acceptable from your PoV?
Comments appreciated.

Noob Question: Why would you use the Arc setup? From your video, Freezing Pulse already does the job.

Will be also waiting for the 2.1 update :)
Quick update, still working on updating the build, experimenting and such. Due to projectile speed changes, tree is quite different, possibly the gem setup as well. Due to us wanting to run blasphemy, have to drop the heralds, even with a level 3 enlighten. I cant imagine a level 4 enlighten being much better so not gonna bother. We also now have a free links now in in our gloves and chest. Overall i'm fairly certain this build comes out buffed, although will have to see.
IGN SuperGaco
It looks like the OP has lost interest in this build otherwise he would have updated it already. Or maybe he is just on Holiday :P

Anyways, for those of you interested, Nothing major has changed in this build. I can't speak of exact numbers but, this build has NOT been nerfed since 2.1 patch. It might have even received a slight buff(not taking the FP gem buff in consideration).

As far as the skill tree is concerned, Fingers of Frost is next to Ghost Reaver and therefore you dont need to spend an extra point to attain it if you wanted to get that.

You can check out my skill tree for 2.1 here

I use 2 curse rings and therefore had to take a 30 pt strength node to make up the defficit. the reason i take Fingers of Frost is because I want to max my freeze potential and i don't spent an additional skill point to get the cluster.
Last edited by Scrapm3tal on Dec 27, 2015, 7:38:08 AM
Working on writing up the update currently, big buffs all around, tankier and more dps. And more Freeze :) https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAdEDHgceD6sRDxEvEZYTcRa_F1QYahmKHRQdTx8YH0EigSP2JIsknSaVKgsqOCsKLR8zkjW5OVI6WDsNQZZDE0lRSbFMLUyzTZJQQlF0UftTNVPUVUtVxlZKWAdYrlxrXfJepV9qYeJiWnBSf8aBrIRIhMWJ04w2jYKOPI5kjumPRo_6kyeVIJUulcyXBpuhm7WeoZ8BoSKhL6JAoqOjiqaZpyusmK6zr-u2-rmTvorB88MJwzrDbcSizRbQH9DQ0PXR5NN-18_fmOv17T_uDu9674jv6_DV8h30-Pem99f5N_lj My tree in the meantime :)
IGN SuperGaco

Hurry up... :)

I can hardly wait for the new build.

I miss RIP'ing from reflect, lol.

updated to 2.1! have at em!
IGN SuperGaco
redid guide.
IGN SuperGaco

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info