[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

"
Uferr wrote:
Hi,im lvl 92

Some tips for my gear/tree ?

My tooltip in LA with 6 frenzy chargers and atziri flask is 24.2k, i guess i should have more, for play solo its ok dmg but in party of 6 its not enought in my opinion

Well from a quick glance, I see that your gems aren't 20/20'ed. Jewels also make a big difference in your dps.
"
dezahp wrote:
core malachai :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsUyv6VjRRc

i was doing so well up to 2nd heart and then started dying consecutively afterwards :(

You have some impressive video's. I am not new to the build overall yet wanted to ask a couple questions since I see this thread goes for fatal toxins. I think you have me curious on running some tank setups like you have done and testing the differences out since your ideas and setups are HC viable,

If you could answer a couple of questions that would be great since I want to run some tests on my standard character as soon as I reach my next level where dying is not an issue on losing some exp lol.

1) Are you all using fatal toxins and seeing a huge benefit in the poison/bleed type effect not just on Blast Rain but also on the 10% chance to poison on hit with Lightning arrow. The reason I ask is IC you do not engage porcupines on those video's much and it looks like the poison/fatal toxins on LA are crushing them after spamming one volley and just moving away. I guess I am not sure why so many are going with Fatal Toxins unless its due to having to give up a large amount of damage to make the build tanky with around 6k HP. So I am curious here.

2) with just auras on (no pots or charges) what is your LA and BR damage numbers for comparison numbers?

3) Is your variation set up around hungry abyss as a must have?

Your video's are very impressive for this build and I just wanted to give you a kudo's on a nice build.
@NewbieDOTcom
1. I'm using Fatal Toxins to increase my single target dps for Blast Rain since the bulk of my single target dmg is poison. That's what it simply is for me. I don't really ever worry about porcupines cause my of LC and ToH so I just kill them as normal.

2. My paper tool tip DPS numbers are low compared to others. Unbuffed with auras I am sitting at 15k for LA and 17.2k for BR.

3. If you want to try and follow my build, then yes Hungry Abyss is necessary. The main stat that I care about from my my build is the 30% lightning damage leeched as life from Vinktar's. Since we're using Voltaxic, that stat completely does nothing for us since all lightning damage turns into chaos so Hungry Abyss is used to be able to use the flask. Having basically Vaal Pact and +30% chaos dmg leech is just really insane. I wouldn't be able to do a lot of the really hard content that I do if I wasn't using Hungry Abyss + Retch + Vinktar's
Last edited by dezahp on Feb 15, 2016, 11:50:15 PM
hi dezahp, you're wrong unless i didn't get what you said.

Vinktar's flask works flawlessly without Hungry Abyss, you don't need that at all, give it a try. What Abyss gives you is that life leech from blood rage will now be based on the chaos dmg instead of physical dmg, that means you will have more life leech pool. However, if you're using the Abyss jewel then I think getting Vitality Void is kind of redundant/waste based on the blood rage since life leech from the blood rage might be enough.

On the other hand if Vinktar's flask works fine then getting Abyss might be redundant/waste if we decide to get Vitality Void. You could use dmg jewel instead and do not risk corruption of your precious items.

What's more you could even drop Vitality Void in both cases whether you use Abbys jewel or not since Vinktar's works just fine and you can relay purely on flasks (which should be fine having Retch means 8s flask time)
Last edited by ojejku on Feb 16, 2016, 1:52:36 AM
No it doesn't. Not sure where your logic or reasoning is coming from. Vinktar's flask clearly states "Lightning Damage Leeched as Life during Flask effect". We do NO lightning damage at all so Hungry Abyss converts all life leech based on chaos damage instead.
Ok, i will then record a video if you don't want to try it yourself. Instant leech just works fine.
Last edited by ojejku on Feb 16, 2016, 2:38:46 AM
Lol....I am NOT talking about instant leech. Instant leech and the 30% lightning life leech are two completely different mods
Heh looks like you missed my point too ;) Don't get nervous, you don't need to lolish and use capslock, my intention was not to offend you by any means, actually I appreciate your & ad1ce take on the tanky version.

I was only saying that the most important thing in that flask is instant leech and it's justifies its use with voltaxic even though 30% may not work due to chaos conversion. Having VV and instant leech is more than enough I think, so you don't need to desperately chase Abyss corruption.

I already asked but you didn't answer this question, do you really need VV if Abyss should convert leech from BR to chaos? Or it does not work that way either. If 30% works for you as well by using Abyss and you got 8s flask duration then having VV seems like a waste of points, you could use somewhere else, if there is anything worth & close enough.
Last edited by ojejku on Feb 16, 2016, 3:01:40 AM
I feel like I'm starting to hijack ad1ce's thread, sorry ad lol. Think I will begin to be more idle heh ;p.

You don't have to agree with me. Just want to say he asked if Hungry Abyss was necessary in particular to my setup so yes it is because it is what ties my build together. I'm just saying that in my situation and opinion, before I went this route, I only justified going this way was when/if I could afford a Hungry Abyss build. My main interest was the 30% lightning leech that gets converted to chaos leech by Hungry Abyss. You need to realize how incredibly strong the 30% leech is because I can face tank many, many things. It increases my survivability exponentially. I guarantee you wouldn't be able to do that with the only very small % of leech that you have normally with instant leech. The other thing is that Hungry Abyss allows the Retch belt and Vinktar's flask to work together. The Vinktar's 30% chaos leech gives me a huge damage boost with the Retch's "200% of life leech applies to enemies as chaos damage". So it gives me both tremendous increase in survivability and dps.

You don't need to take Vitality Void. I only kept it before because I felt more comfortable with more life leech without Vinktars while I was trying to do Core. Blood Rage is not always something you want to run either especially in certain boss fights well at least for me since I've been doing twinned Colosseum's and Core's. I am sure my needs are different than most people's needs. I actually like Vitality Void. It gives me 40% increased life leech rate which is useful for me because I do a lot of hard and long boss fights where you don't always have flask up and can't get charges because no monster spawns. Normal life leech regens life just too damn slow.
Last edited by dezahp on Feb 16, 2016, 6:01:41 AM
I think i will not update this thread anymore. The build was finished.

At 2.2 I will play some DoT character with assassin subclass I think, so the new guide maybe will come at late March :D Anyway it would be not so good like voltaxic, but I hate to play with a mainstream skill gems :D I started my voltaxic at 2.0 and it was rare at that time, but right now its extremely popular :( So my watch is over... for this thread ;D

good luck, exiles ;)
Last edited by ad1ce on Feb 16, 2016, 9:03:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info