[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

i did twinned t15 colosseum ambrius and twinned t14 conservatory vaal today :D i was successful and able to do it. twinned ambrius i didn't do deathless though. it was my very first time doing it and i made some mistakes. i think if it wasn't twinned then it would have been a lot easier and easily would have done deathless. i never played past +t12 maps ever since the new higher tier maps and map system came out after i think forsaken masters? so all of the newer high tiers map are pretty much new to me. it was hard but loads of fun and i gained experience and knowledge of the twinned fight. i think i will try again next time for deathless and maybe i'll record and upload it :)
Last edited by dezahp on Feb 3, 2016, 5:47:55 AM
"
hupple wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
thorgal89 wrote:
Silly question but still - what should i buy first ? Vinkstars flask or Retch belt ?

Both arent what you really need for Voltaxic build.

Vinktar's Flask gives you insane Life Leech based upon LIGHTNING damage, but you're doing CHAOS damage so its full potential will be wasted. Just switch to Windripper if you intend to use this flask - the same build but dealing lightning damage.

Using vinktar with voltaxic is great, you got dps boost, instant leech and enemy shocked. Now I don't need to use vaal haste for boss.

You can get DPS boost with Atziri's Promise and Diamond Flask, without "50% increased damage taken" drawback (which is pretty huge).
Actaully, with Hungry Abyss, it may work. Your leech (even that 30% from flask) will be based upon chaos damage, so you'll utilize its full potential. Great power, but for great price... And it's quite costly to build.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Feb 3, 2016, 12:39:20 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

You can get DPS boost with Atziri's Promise and Diamond Flask, without "50% increased damage taken" drawback (which is pretty huge).
Actaully, with Hungry Abyss, it may work. Your leech (even that 30% from flask) will be based upon chaos damage, so you'll utilize its full potential. Great power, but for great price... And it's quite costly to build.

Don't forget though. You use grounding flask with Vinktar's flask so you don't get shocked at all.
"
dezahp wrote:

Don't forget though. You use grounding flask with Vinktar's flask so you don't get shocked at all.

Shock from Vinktar's flask goes through immunity. It's isnt so easy-cheesy to use as "drink Vinktar+ Grounding = profit") You still get shocked and pay high price for power you get.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Shock from Vinktar's flask goes through immunity. It's isnt so easy-cheesy to use as "drink Vinktar+ Grounding = profit") You still get shocked and pay high price for power you get.

lol nope, sorry you're wrong
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
dezahp wrote:

As long as you drink grounding first and then vinktar, you are not shocked but enemies are.
I am at lvl 86, using snake bite, need to decide how to use the next 4 points.(I would stop at lvl 90 or 91). Below is my tree

passive tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B3AUtCC4NjQ-rFCAWvxmKGY4hdiPTI_YkiyT9JpUqCy5TMHwx-jY9N9Q51EMxR35KfUtXTP9Nkk4qUUdVS1WFWhpbr13yXz9fsGHiYqxlTWyMbWxvO2-ecFJ07XXLdvd3B3fjeWh67311fyuDCYTFhNmGzocTh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CXBpuNm7WcpJ2qoJ-jiqXLqW6v67VIt7a74702vqfAGsDjwQTBM8MzwzrEospK02_TftQj2sHjn-dU6mLtP-2D7g7vDu968bP8xf66_94=

I am thinking of using these 4 points either to get Fatal Toxins or Method to the Madness, which is better? How much real dps boost you get from Fatal Toxins? Or is there a better option?
"
hupple wrote:
I am at lvl 86, using snake bite, need to decide how to use the next 4 points.(I would stop at lvl 90 or 91). Below is my tree

passive tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B3AUtCC4NjQ-rFCAWvxmKGY4hdiPTI_YkiyT9JpUqCy5TMHwx-jY9N9Q51EMxR35KfUtXTP9Nkk4qUUdVS1WFWhpbr13yXz9fsGHiYqxlTWyMbWxvO2-ecFJ07XXLdvd3B3fjeWh67311fyuDCYTFhNmGzocTh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CXBpuNm7WcpJ2qoJ-jiqXLqW6v67VIt7a74702vqfAGsDjwQTBM8MzwzrEospK02_TftQj2sHjn-dU6mLtP-2D7g7vDu968bP8xf66_94=

I am thinking of using these 4 points either to get Fatal Toxins or Method to the Madness, which is better? How much real dps boost you get from Fatal Toxins? Or is there a better option?

If you're planning to use poison at all with BR or any single target skill then Fatal Toxins is irreplaceable. The amount of increased poison damage you get is really good when double dipping with any additional increased damage bonuses you have. However, you took a different path with your tree and my build is slightly different from ad1ce's so you're able to take either Method to the Madness or Fatal Toxins. If you're going to run strictly Snakebites with no Poison gem then I would take Fatal Toxins. However, I would take Method to the Madness if you were to run or ever change into rare gloves with Poison gem.

Also, I see that you didn't take Druidic Bite? Druidic Bite is really good so if you might want to think of investing into that. The flask bonuses are really good and it gives int which our build desperately needs. The max mana is also a nice bonus.
Last edited by dezahp on Feb 4, 2016, 6:04:15 PM
"
dezahp wrote:
"
hupple wrote:

passive tree

If you're planning to use poison at all with BR or any single target skill then Fatal Toxins is irreplaceable. The amount of increased poison damage you get is really good when double dipping with any additional increased damage bonuses you have. However, you took a different path with your tree and my build is slightly different from ad1ce's so you're able to take either Method to the Madness or Fatal Toxins. If you're going to run strictly Snakebites with no Poison gem then I would take Fatal Toxins. However, I would take Method to the Madness if you were to run or ever change into rare gloves with Poison gem.

Also, I see that you didn't take Druidic Bite? Druidic Bite is really good so if you might want to think of investing into that. The flask bonuses are really good and it gives int which our build desperately needs. The max mana is also a nice bonus.

I do have a rare glove I can use.

But for now I am not sure if I want to use it or not. The reason is I have two snakebite with color GGRR and GGGR so I can easily choose using HoI or HoT, but with a rare glove, I need to stick with one setup. I think for now I will choose Fatal Toxins and later if I decide to use rare gloves I will just respect these 4 points.

Yeah I agree Druidic Rite is pretty good. Just not that high priority for me since I play in SC not HC. I will have it at lvl 91. Btw, Druidic Rite has not int, the one has is Primal Spirit.
Last edited by hupple on Feb 4, 2016, 6:29:36 PM
Ah yea my mistake lol got a little mixed up I think while I was typing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info