[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

"
ad1ce wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

I said that many times but i'll repeat - Poisoning is USELESS for Lightning Arrow. It does wonders only for skills like Blast Rain.

did u ever play with LA in party 6ppl T15 and some resitance mods (which dercreases dps of yours party members)? For this maps poison on LA is very good :P

It still gets major damage decrease from GMP and Chain.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
well yea i was only referring to poison gem for blast rain which i thought was fairly obvious. and i have and use both rare and snakebite. it doesn't matter if you use snakebite or not. you need to understand how incredibly op poison and double dipping dmg is. the additional 125% extra poison dmg is just too good imo to pass up especially paired with with void manipulation. sure other gems does more dmg from initial hits but you will do more overall dmg from the insane double dipped DoT. i think FA is good because it lets you get away with fast attacks and kiting more easily and also spam attacks and stack more DoT's faster but the double dipping on top of my 125% poison gem is really good too. not to mention i have additional double dipping and buffs to DoTs from my jewels
Last edited by dezahp on Jan 29, 2016, 3:26:26 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

anyway it gives MORE damage over your TOTAL damage, and this boost is rly good when u play in party.
"
ad1ce wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

anyway it gives MORE damage over your TOTAL damage, and this boost is rly good when u play in party.

You better use Tornado Shot then (like i do). LA+GMP+Chain MUST kill large packs very quickly, or you waste its potential. Tornado Shot doesnt suffer such a major poison damage decrease (because no Chain), and you dont even need 1-target skill (replace it with Wither totem for example).

And if your party kills trash too slowly, they not just getting less XP/HR than from lower-level easy maps, but also risking that mobs come close and oneshot someone.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

found this ring today minus the 35 dex. such a good ring i wanted to use it but i needed at least int or another res to make it work with my build and gear. i crafted the flat dmg so it could roll suffix only and hoped it would roll a res or int...it rolled dex :( i'm pretty sad i can't use the ring.

first league i haven't made multiple characters. i enjoy my build so much that i somehow keep finding new things to tweak or new goals for my build and i've been min-maxing my build a lot. i've been finding it so incredibly hard/impossible to find rings that i want/need along with having high WED

used up so much currency because of vaaling my items and having them constantly brick and turn worthless so i keep having to look for replacements. finally finished and its awesome! hungry abyss+retch+vinktar+taste+atziri is just so amazingly good especially with 6.4k life with lightning coil

let me know any thoughts or feedback :)
Last edited by dezahp on Jan 30, 2016, 2:18:54 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

You better use Tornado Shot then (like i do). LA+GMP+Chain MUST kill large packs very quickly, or you waste its potential. Tornado Shot doesnt suffer such a major poison damage decrease (because no Chain), and you dont even need 1-target skill (replace it with Wither totem for example).

And if your party kills trash too slowly, they not just getting less XP/HR than from lower-level easy maps, but also risking that mobs come close and oneshot someone.

idk, TS is much slower then LA. Maybe its not so bad as a single skill, but in comparison with LA it have ugly AOE. Also when you shoot into pack of mobs - very often 1-2 mobs stay alive after LA and then dies from poison. Its also save my time. I don't think that poison on LA is waste.
Last edited by ad1ce on Jan 30, 2016, 5:56:31 AM
"
ad1ce wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

idk, TS is much slower then LA. Maybe its not so bad as a single skill, but in comparison with LA it have ugly AOE. Also when you shoot into pack of mobs - very often 1-2 mobs stay alive after LA and then dies from poison. Its also save my time. I don't think that poison on LA is waste.
]

Well, actually, i'm not so fond of all that "clear speed obsession" that littered PoE (especially in last patch)... I prefer slower and safer play. When i use LA, i clear packs on screen and 1 screen further, and my frenzy charges fade when i finally meet another pack... That's quite annoying, so i've decided to use TS.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
sigh, a very sad day for me....

http://puu.sh/mQk0Y/92729d0971.png

delayed frost bearers got me in a t9.

'twas a very fun build to play!!! and the farthest I made it in an HC league.

not sure what to do with her on standard now.... sure don't see me being able to get my chest with one month to go :(
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Jan 31, 2016, 3:34:09 AM
Same I died yesterday at level 80 and Loved Voltaxic...Not going to pay 5.5 Ex to get one again so I think I am done on HC league...Poison Trapper on SC sounds fun...

Stupid Bird with Poison Arrow & Rain of Arrows Off Screened me...and my game froze for a sec and I died...fucking bs. Fucking Zana maps

I could farm pretty quickly which made it fun...any other builds that are cheap that I you can clear fast and farm on a budget?

Last edited by RagnarLoftbrook on Jan 31, 2016, 5:54:58 PM
What should i drop if i can only 5L a lightning arrow?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info