[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

"
dezahp wrote:

found this ring today minus the 35 dex. such a good ring i wanted to use it but i needed at least int or another res to make it work with my build and gear. i crafted the flat dmg so it could roll suffix only and hoped it would roll a res or int...it rolled dex :( i'm pretty sad i can't use the ring.

first league i haven't made multiple characters. i enjoy my build so much that i somehow keep finding new things to tweak or new goals for my build and i've been min-maxing my build a lot. i've been finding it so incredibly hard/impossible to find rings that i want/need along with having high WED

used up so much currency because of vaaling my items and having them constantly brick and turn worthless so i keep having to look for replacements. finally finished and its awesome! hungry abyss+retch+vinktar+taste+atziri is just so amazingly good especially with 6.4k life with lightning coil

let me know any thoughts or feedback :)

Thoughts on rat's nest vs the retch? (Swapping to a rare belt instead of a rare helmet) All you really earn from the retch is flask duration (marginally counteracted by reduced flask charges gained). Sure, this means longer taste of hate and vinktar's, but if you're killing quick and consistent the added duration isn't very necessary as you'll likely have full flasks most of the time. The move speed on rat's nest is permanent so you wouldn't be missing that from losing the retch. You'd also be gaining some hefty crit chance and attack speed. This sounds like a good exchange to me instead of a few seconds longer on taste of hate and vinktar's (in my opinion, you only need the duration to be as long as the 2-3 seconds where you have an 'oh shit' moment and press your flasks to be prepared for a heavy physical hit and need to leech a lot with vinktar's)
If you have any insight on this I'd love to hear what your justifications for the retch are.
Retch allows me to push my build even further. With my build I use lightning coil + retch + taste of hate + vinktars. The extra duration gives me longer mitigation that I need with taste + additional 10 max lightning res with vinktars. The flask duration far outweighs the reduced flask charges gained. It is so incredibly good especially with things like boss rooms that don't spawn ads (or very slow) where the long flask duration shines the most. Don't forget that I'm also using hungry abyss which is what ties my whole build together. I get insane leech which gives me extra chaos damage based on 200% of my leech. It even gives me additional regular leech and the additional movement is awesome.

I didn't focus my build around clearing as clearing is so easy already and requires the least of my attention. I've been pushing my build for the hardest content in the game in regards to the higher tier map bosses. That means stuff like twinned daresso + core malachai, etc. I also enjoy my build far more than all the other mathil look-alike builds with rats nest and/or maligaros as it's different than everyone else's. With rats I don't get any hp either or any res that I would otherwise get which makes building around coil even harder. I watch all these other LA builds using rats/nest with 4k-5k life die easily or get 1 shot whenever they do get hit. I try to put myself against the hardest mods and maps and hardly ever die. Personally, I'd take the +90 life and res relm + retch over rat's nest any day on my build.
Last edited by dezahp on Feb 5, 2016, 6:34:44 AM
"
ad1ce wrote:
I believe someday GGG add new single target skill for archers :)

Be careful what you wish for ;]]]]]
Last edited by jardocanthate on Feb 6, 2016, 11:45:04 PM
"
jardocanthate wrote:

Be careful what you wish for ;]]]]]

dreams come true :DDD
I think I have still two wishes. So the next one... mm... oh w8! some time ago I wrote about anti point blank and Deadeye subclass have it! So the last one wish... how about some MTX for archer skills? maybe LA(purple)/Split(with some energy trails)/Puncture(like an dried lake archer plz)
Hey ad1ce, I know my build is varied and different from yours but the foundation of my build came from yours when I was looking for LA build. Best LA build guide imo since Blastrophe's LA build from many leagues ago. A few videos I recorded if you'd like to just check it out :). This is my favorite build I've done in any league and thoroughly enjoy it, thanks!. I recorded a few videos if you wanna check it out.

Twinned T15 Colosseum Ambrius - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4S3qTks4nU
Twinned T15 Abyss Kaom - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY2X8biW_vc
Twinned T14 Conservatory Vaal - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bjcw6vdJkc&feature=youtu.be

you might need to skip through some parts as i might be standing around or typing for a short moment. i was running twin clears + boss kill services for people for the challenges.
Last edited by dezahp on Feb 9, 2016, 3:49:23 AM
"
dezahp wrote:

nice videos :)
After changing back and forth a bit on my tree, I finally make a final version for level 90. I play in TSC and try to balance out between SC version and HC version since I don't want to die that often and I also want fairly high dps withnot insane gears. If I want to gain a few more levels I can get more crit and more life. So far I have 5600 life which together with Taste of Hate is enough for most cases.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B3AUtCC4NjQ-rFCAWvxmKGY4hdiPTI_YkiyT9JpUqCy5TMHwx-jY9N9Q51EMxR35JE0p9S1dM_02STipRR1VLVYVaGluvXz9fsGHiYlpirGVNbIxtbG87b55wUnTtdct293cHd-N5aH11fyuDCYTFhNmGzocTh3aJ04ngjDaNfY1-jb-PYJMflwabjZu1nKSdqqCfo4qly6lur-u1SLe2u-O9Nr6nwBrA48EEwTPDM8M6xKLKStNv037UI9rB35jjn-ZY51TqYu0_7YPuDu8O73rxs_zF_rr_3g==

I choose method to the madness instead of fatal toxins since I am using a rare glove instead of snakebite. I pick Primal Spirit instead of Druidic Rite because it has 20 int... and with this I have exactly 159 int. So far I have atk speed, accuracy and resist on my gloves, perhaps I can get another one with atk speed, int and resist or double resist so I can get int from ring, then I can pick Druidic Rite. Without accuracy on gloves I still have 88% which is high enough.

I feel that survival is a big issue. Ranger need to use flask a lot to gain survivalbility. So far instead of life and quicksilver I have the following setup which makes me almost immortal during flask period.

Checking video from @dezahp, I see the usage of decoy totem. So far I am using mirror arrow to attract mobs.

About gem setup, I see most of players are using self casted golem, how do you feel it? I use cwdt for ice golem simply because I found it died often and most of the time I just don't remember to cast it again.
I like decoy totem far more than mirror totem. I was testing out utility gems while reworking my utility setup. Decoy totem to me is hands down one of the most useful utility gems especially for me cause I like to do a lot of boss fights.

Also, I've stopped using a cwdt setup for a pretty good while now. But when I was using it, I did try ice golem with it and just personally felt like I didn't like it. Also, you don't get the max bonuses from your golem at max level if you were to use it for CWDT cause you'd have to keep it at a really low level. I've gotten pretty used to self casting my golem now.
Last edited by dezahp on Feb 10, 2016, 4:16:18 PM
core malachai :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsUyv6VjRRc

i was doing so well up to 2nd heart and then started dying consecutively afterwards :(
Last edited by dezahp on Feb 14, 2016, 7:50:29 AM
Last edited by Uferr on Feb 15, 2016, 2:19:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info