PoE's performance is poor for a lot of people

I'm experiencing some issue too. Most recently a 30% Frame Time drop in Malformation Map (even without ground effects). In general I've notice slightly worse performance after 2.0 release
"
Alea wrote:

- Upgrade to windows 8.1+
- Disable all the useless services (theres alot and this will free up many memory)

Wich services are useless? Tell us.
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564
please for the love of god move this to the top.

My favorite and most expensive build can't even be played ( low life mjolner discharge ) because I go from 60-120 smooth frames per second to 6 seconds per frame depending on the size of the mob I hit. Just for fun I load double boss dry-peninsula and see how fast I can burn all 6 portals with disconnects. It's my version of the gorge speed run.... and it's plain stupid that I can DC 6 times, every time.

blah blah trolls saying go buy a new rig can get rekt. Mine is only 1.5 years old and this is the only skill/unique combo that completely destroys it.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
Alea wrote:
I have standard underclocked (true lol) computer 8gb i4360 gtx750 asus h97-me and POE runs fine. I have flat 60 most of the time, and sometimes i have some very short slow downs if there really much effects at screen, im not even mind-fixing on that, not even checking the framerate when it happend. Not even SSD.

If you have issues first thing to do is to disable SHADOWS , i myself disabled it for others reasons (clear view)

So imo ppl have low computers, my advices:

- Disable all the useless services (theres alot and this will free up many memory)
- CCleaner + Defrag

Now ppl saying poe is codeshit are obviously ignorants; check out how seriously are the changelogs in patches, downtime, etc... Oh you didnt noticed theres a "production" file in the game folder, this means something if you worked in industry.

Lets talk about the witcher 3 optimization pls... lol. Those guys are the true scammers.

ok look, compared to some of us here, you are using calculator to run PoE, so please stop trolling or, if you are serious, thank you for your input but none of what you said makes any sense.
Disable shadows? On 280X or 980Ti SLi? Maybe we should run the game at 640x480 too.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Aug 18, 2015, 7:49:00 AM
In production_config.ini

post_processing=true <- change to false
resolution_height=1050 <- change to 600
resolution_width=1680 <- change to 800
screen_shake=true <- change to false
shadow_type=variance_mapping <- change to "no_shadows"
texture_filtering=16 <- change to "0"
texture_quality=0 <- generally "0" means highest settings, "2" means low setting, but the really great part is, that you can put in a number way above "2"
vsync=false
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
I recently bought new computer to replace my nearly 4 years old gaming machine, which was able to run PoE "just fine".

New machine is i7-4790, 16GB DDR4, GTX970 4GB DDR5, 256GB SSD + 2TB WD Black HDD in preparation for Fallout 4, which will come this fall.

I currently most frequently play PoE on this machine, which works very well. Loading times are virtually non-existent and the game only slightly lags in solo play when I round up huge packs that AOE it down.

Is this good performance? Sure not, these are specs that can play Far Cry 4, Shadow of Mordor, Witcher 3 (this game is amazingly looking, sadly it is not my style of gameplay). PoE seriously need better optimization and code clean up. There is no better time to do it than after large content expansion. GGG should focus more on performance than content for a while to make PoE even better game than it is already.
running a 4 gig GTX960 and summoners make me cry. How is it I can run Guild Wars 2 or Final Fantasy 14 on Ultra settings but PoE kills me? Also now that I think about it, its only summoners. I get 30 FPS on stuff that kills other group member PCs. For example did a Zana mission and we ended up spawning a strongbox right next to a shrine in a Fracture Map. We had 2 dischargers and I still got 30 FPS which I considered great considering what was going on. So there has to be something related to summoners only because I can have a million mobs on screen with fracture and dischargers and everything is smooth.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 18, 2015, 8:54:56 AM
"
Ludak021 wrote:
"
Alea wrote:
I have standard underclocked (true lol) computer 8gb i4360 gtx750 asus h97-me and POE runs fine. I have flat 60 most of the time, and sometimes i have some very short slow downs if there really much effects at screen, im not even mind-fixing on that, not even checking the framerate when it happend. Not even SSD.

If you have issues first thing to do is to disable SHADOWS , i myself disabled it for others reasons (clear view)

- CCleaner + Defrag

Now ppl saying poe is codeshit are obviously ignorants; check out how seriously are the changelogs in patches, downtime, etc... Oh you didnt noticed theres a "production" file in the game folder, this means something if you worked in industry.

Lets talk about the witcher 3 optimization pls... lol. Those guys are the true scammers.

ok look, compared to some of us here, you are using calculator to run PoE, so please stop trolling or, if you are serious, thank you for your input but none of what you said makes any sense.
Disable shadows? On 280X or 980Ti SLi? Maybe we should run the game at 640x480 too.

The point he try to be as smart as he never was, he even open for himself google and now telling to everyone how smart he is.
But still his potato need to so many useless stuff like Disable all "the useless" services and stuff to play.
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564
"
Alea wrote:

I've got an overclock i7 4790k@4.6GHz ( tried at stock as well ), a Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, 32GB of Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3 Ram, and an R9 280x. I wouldn't call it a 'low computer'.

"
Alea wrote:
- CCleaner + Defrag

There definitely seem to be optimization issues. However, in my case, they only become apparent at high level mapping when there are certain mods on a map combined with certain tile sets and certain tempest effects.

In the early to mid game, performance isn't a problem. No amount of options or configurations I've come across seem to positively impact this. I am still investigating, and the problem could be Windows 10 / AMD drivers. However, there are issues, and I think that optimization is something that could use a bit of attention in the near future.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
Alea wrote:

I had serious potato PC some months ago (2gb ram, dual core shit, adm graphic card) and was able to run POE in 1920*1080 middle textures quality, all others settings to minimum, and it was mostly possible by doing that service disabling (since POE was using up 1.5gb ram and windows without optimization was 750-1gb)

Bring true arguments instead of acting like a kid please.

For starters, some months ago is completely irrelevant. 2.0 has raised the system requirements.
Multiple core processor is completely irrelevant. Speed is more important than the number of cores.
AMD graphic card?
You are able to say how much ram windows uses without optimization but not with? Which version of windows?

"
your framerate down from 60 to 40 1% of time and you call that optimization issue ?
ask for a refund

What do you want to call it? A bug? When a specific effect is changed to use less resources GGG calls it optimization.

"
I know im alone in this topic, because 99% of others dont have problems and are playing the game right now, i just wanted to help with that service trick, since it helped me in the past.

Such ignorance. This entire thread isn't about "not being able to play" but rather, "optimizing play". You do a lot of shit talking for "just wanting to help".
Edit: Don't bother replying. You just want to help after all. You already gave us your super POE optimization tricks, you have nothing left to say.
<3 Free Tibet <3
Last edited by Opinionated on Aug 18, 2015, 3:36:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info