PoE's performance is poor for a lot of people

"
Alea wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:
Don't bother replying. You just want to help after all. You already gave us your super POE optimization tricks, you have nothing left to say.

Such ignorance. This entire thread isn't about "not being able to play" but rather, "optimizing play". You do a lot of shit talking for "just wanting to help".

no arguments, just close to insults stuff :)

hopefully we arent on reddit, else i guess haters would click "downvote" like no tomorrow.

Just learn to optimize your system and face it if your computer is too old before asking for a refund on a free to play game.

kids in denial are worst than trolls.

lol reminds me of the ''my game is fine, therefore everyone else is just QQ-ing for no reason'' :D
"
Alea wrote:

your framerate down from 60 to 40 1% of time and you call that optimization issue ?
ask for a refund

My fps are normally synced to the refresh rate of the monitor I use, and they are like that for much of the time. However, in the situations I describe, my fps dip to 10-15 and wildly fluctuate. It makes things difficult in those situations.

I'm not even saying it is for sure an issue with the game itself, but possibly a problem with how it interacts with AMD drivers. Whatever the cause, there is an issue that needs to be addressed. I've replicated the issue on a couple systems now. Mine I mentioned earlier and a completely separate machine running an i7 4770 with 8GB of ram ( sorry, don't recall the frequency ), a mechanical black WD drive, and an R9 270x. That system was completely separate from mine and running on a much more stable connection. The issue remained. It seems unlikely that an problem on my machine is replicated on a completely separate machine not owned by me, not in my house, and not using my connection. It's possible , but pretty unlikely.

I'm a rather outspoken supporter of the game, but I think there is definitely something to this. Especially since the problem doesn't seem to happen ( to me ) until high level mapping. It happens solo, as well as in parties.

Unfortunately, I don't have any decent nvidia hardware atm to compare with. It isn't pure system horsepower that is the problem, as both the machines I've used should have been more than capable. It's the variance that is most annoying. Having good frames for much of the time and have these specific situations that have such a drastic impact on performance.

"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
+1 to the OP
In case some didn't know, everything that wasn't bought yesterday is a potato or low computer, and next week your new PC today is officially potato. Just toss it out and get a job...BUY MOAR. Can't wait til we have quantum computing PCs for $600. at Wal-Mart in 10 years, maybe they'll run PoE without disabled settings.

BTW - Win10 is a huge fucking spyware/peer-to-peerware piece of shit, even more than previous Win versions. But it's "free" so it's OK, right?

Derp.

Last edited by Arthikas on Aug 18, 2015, 7:07:18 PM
"
Alea wrote:
I have standard underclocked (true lol) computer 8gb i4360 gtx750 asus h97-me and POE runs fine. I have flat 60 most of the time, and sometimes i have some very short slow downs if there really much effects at screen, im not even mind-fixing on that, not even checking the framerate when it happend. Not even SSD.

If you have issues first thing to do is to disable SHADOWS , i myself disabled it for others reasons (clear view)

So imo ppl have low computers, my advices:

- Upgrade to windows 8.1+
- Disable all the useless services (theres alot and this will free up many memory)
- CCleaner + Defrag

Now ppl saying poe is codeshit are obviously ignorants; check out how seriously are the changelogs in patches, downtime, etc... Oh you didnt noticed theres a "production" file in the game folder, this means something if you worked in industry.

Lets talk about the witcher 3 optimization pls... lol. Those guys are the true scammers.

Tell me my computer is "low". I dare you.

"
Kwonryu wrote:
In production_config.ini

post_processing=true <- change to false
resolution_height=1050 <- change to 600
resolution_width=1680 <- change to 800
screen_shake=true <- change to false
shadow_type=variance_mapping <- change to "no_shadows"
texture_filtering=16 <- change to "0"
texture_quality=0 <- generally "0" means highest settings, "2" means low setting, but the really great part is, that you can put in a number way above "2"
vsync=false

Shouldn't be necessary on a top end PC.

"
Alea wrote:

I know im alone in this topic, because 99% of others dont have problems and are playing the game right now, i just wanted to help with that service trick, since it helped me in the past.

GL ;)

By all means tell them to come and post.

"
Alea wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:
Don't bother replying. You just want to help after all. You already gave us your super POE optimization tricks, you have nothing left to say.

Such ignorance. This entire thread isn't about "not being able to play" but rather, "optimizing play". You do a lot of shit talking for "just wanting to help".

no arguments, just close to insults stuff :)

hopefully we arent on reddit, else i guess haters would click "downvote" like no tomorrow.

Just learn to optimize your system and face it if your computer is too old before asking for a refund on a free to play game.

kids in denial are worst than trolls.

Tell me to optimise my top end gaming rig.

sigfault
Last edited by Asday on Aug 19, 2015, 1:16:12 AM
"
Arthikas wrote:
In case some didn't know, everything that wasn't bought yesterday is a potato or low computer, and next week your new PC today is officially potato. Just toss it out and get a job...BUY MOAR. Can't wait til we have quantum computing PCs for $600. at Wal-Mart in 10 years, maybe they'll run PoE without disabled settings.

BTW - Win10 is a huge fucking spyware/peer-to-peerware piece of shit, even more than previous Win versions. But it's "free" so it's OK, right?

Derp.

Hardware gets better. Software gets worst. It's all just a huge scheme to make money. Tin foil hats are our only savior.
<3 Free Tibet <3
15 fps is average for me. 30 fps tops. I drop to ZERO fps constantly for 5-15 seconds and the game is unplayable. I used to be able to count on life leech to see me through the spikes, but that is also destroyed now. I really love this game but with so many poor mechanics and poor fps, its getting hard to defend playing this game even to myself. I want to have fun, but every time I start to I die without ever seeing what killed me. TOTALLY demoralizing when trying to map and level to end game. I know GGG are trolls and dont want the player to have fun, but at least let me move or see the screen.
To the top with you.

I wanted to type up something similar, but I guess this saves me the work :)

"

texture_filtering=16
texture_quality=0

Those two options are the only ones that can't be adjusted via the ingame options menu, and they still do nothing on a decent machine. With everything on max and vsync turned off, my fps fluctuate between about 225-575 while playing through act1-3. Masses of enemies or summons don't bother me at all, but that changes drastically when ground effects or spammy party members are involved. On maps with xxxxx-ground, even when solo, I get drops to sub 40.

On the crappy notebook I play when away from home this gets even worse. Even with everything turnd to min, AND playing in "Lego-Quake" mode weather/ground/spelleffects kill the fps to the point of framedrops.

It became even more evident with the tempest league. xxxxx-ground + spammed spell effects are a complete nightmare. On the notebook I have to wait for the bosszones to be tempest free to attempt them, not because of the buffs/debuffs, but because they about halve my fps, and that's without the boss spamming it's skills/summons. Act3 dom fight with inferal burning tempest = single digit fps.

Press F1 while standing in town in Act 4 not moving or anything and watch the drop offs. It tends to drop even right down to zero even, in little spikes.

Not moving, not casting spells, just standing there.

Sorry, it isn't settings, isn't the Video Card, it isn't unoptimized windows services, it isn't potato computers. All of those free up a little memory that is like applying band aids to a heart attack. I imaged a fresh windows installation that only runs POE from an SSD and it's still doing it.

It's something in the game code that was added during 2.0, guessing it's Netcode related.
Last edited by RockGod on Aug 19, 2015, 9:03:06 AM
"
Kwonryu wrote:
In production_config.ini

post_processing=true <- change to false
resolution_height=1050 <- change to 600
resolution_width=1680 <- change to 800
screen_shake=true <- change to false
shadow_type=variance_mapping <- change to "no_shadows"
texture_filtering=16 <- change to "0"
texture_quality=0 <- generally "0" means highest settings, "2" means low setting, but the really great part is, that you can put in a number way above "2"
vsync=false

I'll just play diablo 2 with wide screen hack, or Titan quest...Hell, I used better settings for semi-competitive Quake 3 config.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info