PoE's performance is poor for a lot of people

"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Damac0101 wrote:

Yeah, I have the same problem. I start getting fps drops in old locations: Merveil fight, Malachai, Kaoms realm.

maybe the problem lies alongside new MTXs?

I heard some people use PoeSmoother to disable ground effects/MTX effects/discharge animation, and it helps a lot.

I don't use such because I'm a bit leery of trojans...

can we use PoeSmoother without getting banned?
did ggg sayed somthing about the tool?
"
Boomie wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Damac0101 wrote:

Yeah, I have the same problem. I start getting fps drops in old locations: Merveil fight, Malachai, Kaoms realm.

maybe the problem lies alongside new MTXs?

I heard some people use PoeSmoother to disable ground effects/MTX effects/discharge animation, and it helps a lot.

I don't use such because I'm a bit leery of trojans...

can we use PoeSmoother without getting banned?
did ggg sayed somthing about the tool?

PoeSmoother is bannable.
http://www.twitch.tv/exhortatory
I didn't read this whole thread and so sorry if someone else mentioned this.

GGG last week said the following regarding performance issues with the new release.
"We also need to work on the preloading/RAM usage situation. We are both using too much RAM (approaching the 4gb virtual memory limit on 64 bit windows) while simultaneously not preloading enough to prevent asset loading during combat occasionally. This is very high priority for us and we will make sure it is improved as soon as possible." https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1604958

Memory bloat of an application can cause many different symptoms. I'll guess this is why my system would pause/freeze for two or three seconds every few minutes when PoE was loaded.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 16, 2016, 6:00:53 PM
Sooo...

I bought a PC in October, prior to that I've played PoE on a mediocre laptop. And of course everything lagged like crap, even on TQ 5+ (for example, I ran D3 on medium settings no issues bar a full party with wizard spammers, had to go to low then).

Now, with a GTX 960, i5 6500 and 8GB 2666MHz RAM I am still lagging. Even solo, in certain situations (ground effects, perandus glitter monsters), but I can cope with that.
I've been postponing party play until today at lvl 86, because I dislike party play in general and I've only resorted to it because you can't reach high levels without it.

Today, with a 1 guy in a party that didn't even use CoC, he used Cyclone and Wild Strike.
Constant lag.

Took me 3 maps and I just said "fuck this shit".

I've played every single game on max setting 60 FPS up until I started played PoE Ascendancy.

3 years since I've first played PoE, only to have myself shat from disbelief how I'm lagging with this PC.

I can't believe this, I honestly can't believe how is this possible.
As I just mentioned in the previous post, the memory bloat is likely the issue. They are using so much memory that they are bumping up against the Windows virtual memory address limit.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I finally got sick of this, and had some emails with support. They seemed helpful at first, but have gone quiet for three days. The general gist so far is that there shouldn't be an issue, and that it must be a problem with my settings, drivers, or similar. I completely refute this, of course.

If they're quiet another couple days, I'll publish the emails, uninteresting as they are.
"
Asdayasman wrote:
The general gist so far is that there shouldn't be an issue, and that it must be a problem with my settings, drivers, or similar. I completely refute this, of course.

What the repeat for 2 years to all players with issues they don't understand how sick it is.

"
I can't believe this, I honestly can't believe how is this possible

Ask to the Crusader army we got in this forum, they worked quite well.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
Last edited by MisterER on Jun 11, 2016, 12:31:44 PM
2016 and this game still runs terrible and it's x32 , what a disaster .
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Jun 11, 2016, 3:45:22 PM
32bit doesn't make TOO much of a difference. It's plenty possible to write an engine in such a way that the mechanics of PoE fit well within the ~3.5GiB RAM limit, without compromising anything. Going 64bit would alleviate the need to do such a thing, but also incur a performance hit, all things being equal, with the wider addresses. To migrate to 64bit AND gain performance would be harder than just making the engine play nice with 3.5GiB of memory.
GGG, your biggest social voice, ZiggyD, posted a video of him running the lab, and the performance is AWFUL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5GA3csJdCY&ab_channel=ZiggyDGaming

Absolutely disgusting, freezes and frame drops every other second when he's wandering about. This is not a small fry with a laptop. He has a very powerful PC, and is one of your biggest advertisers.
sigfault

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info