I am lucky, therefore game is fine

"
johnKeys wrote:
"

See what I did there? ;)

I do. and it tells me you didn't get this thread. at all.

if you did, you wouldn't be comparing the "feat" of pissing me off so I write something antagonistic, so you can reverse it at me - with the act of harassing, insulting and trolling someone just because you wouldn't try understand their complaint or the troubles they are facing, or simply feel like trolling.

You can cut the sexual tension with a Loath Bane.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
ok that's enough.
this thread needs to stay on topic.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
ok that's enough.
this thread needs to stay on topic.

In a way, it IS on topic, because it illustrates a clear disconnect between the methods we use to communicate, and how those communications are interpreted by others around us.

This is a global forum, where we are not just influenced by a difference in background but also language, education, ethnicity, and personal style.

Dealing in absolutes like your OP is very hard in a world where we don't all have the same experiences to draw on, don't enjoy the same playstyles, and don't post from the same perspective as to what we believe is best for the longterm future of the game.

I think it has been an interesting thread - a good read for the most part, if a little difficult to stomach at times.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Sep 22, 2015, 5:50:28 AM
@Nait, shouldn't basic human compassion and a willingness to read and understand issues described, be a global thing regardless of background/cultural differences?

simply put, I don't think there is a place on this planet or Mars, where acting like a passive-aggressive asshole in response to someone else's complaint, is a valid means of communication.
so please don't try to display it as such.

the OP is indeed dealing with absolutes, and has more than a bit of an aggressive tone because quite frankly I'm more than a bit angry (understatement. more like fucking pissed off and want to break the keyboard on someone's head) when reading every single one of these "ur argument is invalid because reasons. git gud. game is fine" types of posts.

BMBI? he's a master in the above, and that's why forum collisions between me and him happen so often.
but he's never serious, and I'll never get him to be serious - so the OP is less about him, and more about people who write antagonistic posts without necessary meaning it, as MrTremere explained.
the thread is about asking them, to think twice and maybe read their own post out loud a couple of times, before posting it.
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 22, 2015, 9:05:29 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
@Nait, shouldn't basic human compassion and a willingness to read and understand issues described, be a global thing regardless of background/cultural differences?

I'm not saying it shouldn't, but it isn't. Couldn't tell you why, but it is a wall I've bashed my head against many a time throughout the years in real life.

"
simply put, I don't think there is a place on this planet or Mars, where acting like a passive-aggressive asshole in response to someone else's complaint, is a valid means of communication.

I tend to find it a reasonably valid form of communication - it generally tells me a lot more about a person than the words they choose to write :)

I don't find it particularly fun or engaging to deal with, though, so I can understand your distaste for it.

Please excuse my intrusion. I'll saunter back off to my normal stomping grounds.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Sep 22, 2015, 9:52:28 AM
wait a minute.

you can't just drop a line like

"

I tend to find it a reasonably valid form of communication - it generally tells me a lot more about a person than the words they choose to write :)

then walk out like Horatio Caine :)
"
"
johnKeys wrote:

But you do that all the time calling people trolls and shit because they disagree with you, and they are tired of hearing your same old arguments over and over so you think they are picking on you.

I'm not 100% serious as you called it but yeah I do think it's a bit hypocritical and contradictory that you call people out for being passive aggressive when your two main styles of writing usually include both passive aggressiveness as well as hyperbole.

And I stand by the fact that you should give it a rest and stop trying to fight a battle that you're never going to win. It just wastes your time and energy, and anyone else who gets clickbaited into reading it.

1) I never called anyone a "troll" just for disagreeing with me. yes you can check my posting history. all of it back to somewhere in 2013.
I called people - including yourself - "trolls" when they trolled me. disagreeing and trolling may be connected, but they are still different things.
I respect disagreement, but I loathe trolling.
though "tired of hearing same old arguments" is somewhat of an understandable reason, I admit.

2) me being passive aggressive? perhaps. but if you check my posting history again you'll clearly see that evolved over time. with frustration of GGG's priorities and decisions. with responding more in kind to being trolled.
the 2013 "me" wasn't nearly as toxic here on the forums. and he wouldn't let someone like you get under his skin this easily, either.

3) this thread isn't a "win" or "lose" thing. if it can get as much as one person to think twice before posting that "git gud" type of comment they initially wanted to - I've done my part. and no, it's not a "click bait".
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 22, 2015, 3:06:29 PM
Hey everyone, some posts in this thread are starting to get a bit hostile. Please try to keep the discussion civil. Thanks!

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
EDIT: No longer relevant.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Sep 22, 2015, 11:52:45 PM
"
Eben_GGG wrote:
Hey everyone, some posts in this thread are starting to get a bit hostile. Please try to keep the discussion civil. Thanks!

"Starting to"...? Ummm check page TWO of 40
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info