I am lucky, therefore game is fine

I just started playing this game 2 months ago and have almost 3 level 80 characters while remaining completely clueless about crafting. I am still a mediocre noob at this game not because I am ignorant, but because I am choosing to stay ignorant by spending my exa for GG gear instead of researching & crafting beautiful GG items that yield GG profits. GG no contest.

One thing though, takes VERY LITTLE RESEARCH to put together a IIR build and faceroll from shitty gear to decent gear.

BTW there is no such things as a pro, unless you're a top player on HC leagues with unheard of builds. QQ cant handle the heat. I remember raging about Piety's ray of vomit KOing me constantly and wondering why there is even a hardcore mode with such BS abilities at play. A month later I realized Piety & Malachai is a walk in the park compared to many things.
Last edited by Macromute on Sep 18, 2015, 1:49:23 AM
"
Vaux wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Mechanical skill is very primitive, it's basically all about training your muscle memory.

You must be a pro gamer.

Why? But I was quite competitive in UT2k3 :)

(JK threads may never die)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
"
Bars wrote:

When the topic is lacking, the discussion naturally wanders off. JK's threads usually go like this: "Don't get me wrong, I love PoE, but *complain* *complain* *accuse players of something* *demand game and players to change*

That shit quickly gets old and it's been, what, 2 years now?

hahahahaha that's gold right there lol

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
johnKeys wrote:

I am lucky, therefore game is fine.
I am doing well, so why you QQ?

guys, you have absolutely no idea how utterly annoying this attitude is, when reading through forum posts.
out of all possible replies to other people's complaints - legitimate or not - some choose the one which indicates, more than others (choose the most appropriate):

1) they don't give a shit about other players.
2) they don't give a shit about the game, because they couldn't care less what happens outside their current bubble of "me".
3) they simply enjoy acting like complete dirt bags, in Forums.

this kind of shitty behaviour plagued the PoE Forum for as long as I remember it, but currently there's just too much of it.
please stop.

Thread topic.

Bump.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
quoting the opening post to bring the thread back on topic after it was completely derailed, is something I find legitimate.
egotistical? let me put it in your own words: "lel no".

Bars?
in my head I translated his probation-seeking argumentum ad hominem of a post, into what I think he meant to say:

"in my opinion - reading threads by JK for 2 years - they sound like collections of complains and accusations most of the time."

my opinion, is his opinion is wrong.
but none of us can convince the other, because it's a matter of opposing opinions.
which is why I wouldn't bother.
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 21, 2015, 12:22:56 AM
^ problem is most people think that he is right, and you are wrong. And we have given multiple reasons for that.

If anyone is using ad hominem type of attacks, it is you, because you state that if someone likes the game at its current state and talk about it (or simply give you an example, that they are doing just fine), they somehow are now part of some kind of a "problem" that you, in fact, invented.

There is no such problem, never was. Its only you trying to convince everyone, that they do not know what they are doing, and should think just like you do, and like things you like.

And as you said:

"
but none of us can convince the other, because it's a matter of opposing opinions.

So you start a thread, when you lay down your sorrows and then, when somebody responds to you, that they do not agree, you tell them "which is why I wouldn't bother"?
What is the point of this thread, then? You preaching your words of knowledge to the plebs, who sure doesn't know any better?

So yeah, it is matter of opposing opinions, and you happen to be on the "unhappy" side. We are on this "happy" side, who thinks that the game is fine. What do you think will happen?

But seriously, whatever - I, and many other people, have told you this million times already. So in fact I'm only having fun with my "typing practice", than actually doing something useful, lol.

PS. Bars is right. :)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 21, 2015, 1:00:46 AM
"
Perq wrote:
^ problem is most people think that he is right, and you are wrong. And we have given multiple reasons for that.

If anyone is using ad hominem type of attacks, it is you, because you state that if someone likes the game at its current state and talk about it (or simply give you an example, that they are doing just fine), they somehow are now part of some kind of a "problem" that you, in fact, invented.

There is no such problem, never was. Its only you trying to convince everyone, that they do not know what they are doing, and should think just like you do, and like things you like.

And as you said:

"

So you start a thread, when you lay down your sorrows and then, when somebody responds to you, that they do not agree, you tell them "which is why I wouldn't bother"?
What is the point of this thread, then? You preaching your words of knowledge to the plebs, who sure doesn't know any better?

So yeah, it is matter of opposing opinions, and you happen to be on the "unhappy" side. We are on this "happy" side, who thinks that the game is fine. What do you think will happen?

But seriously, whatever - I, and many other people, have told you this million times already. So in fact I'm only having fun with my "typing practice", than actually doing something useful, lol.

PS. Bars is right. :)

Now that everything is said, could some admin close the thread pls ? Tired to see always this thread on P1 when tons of players need real answers to their real questions about the game or whatever more interesting than this endless sorrowing thread ?

Thx a lot.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
Perq, you were the one who wanted to know what the thread is about, in this latest derailment cycle.

so using your own analogy and side-division:
the thread is not about people who simply are on the "happy side", and like the current state of the game.
the thread is about people who pretend to be on the "happy side", and use it as an excuse to harass, attack and troll people who are not on the "happy side".

I think it should be easy to understand the completely-not-subtle distinction.

well I am annoyed and offended by this disgusting practice, and want it to stop.

and note a person can be neither on the "happy" nor the "unhappy" side.
because such a crude side division doesn't take into account people like me, who are very happy with some aspects of the game, while simultaneously being very unhappy with others.
I dare say such people are the majority.

--------------------------------------------------------------

@MisterER, this thread is important to me, and has an actual point if you bother to read it.
if you don't like the thread or the point it attempts to get across, please state why and we can discuss.

however, if you are only here to ask for a lock and say how much it being in this forum hurts your eyes - please do not bother commenting.
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 21, 2015, 1:25:29 AM
^ You are unhappy with fundamental part of the game. This won't change.
Yes, I'm not happy about everything in the game, but I'm happy about fundamental parts. So I'm staying.

You are unhappy about fundamental parts. Guess what you should do?

Its like saying that you are happy this game has graphics, but you are unhappy that this game is not RTS. So you want it to turn into RTS. It does not work like this.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I think JK is simply complaining about the attitude some people may have with some of the issues others are facing. Not simply "I am lucky, therefore game is fine", but worse : "Game is fine for me, so you shouldn't be complaining". The attitude of refusing discussion on some subject because they are not having the issue. Some subjects simply cannot be properly discussed because this approach is too prevalent.

This is happening a lot with technical issues (there's still a lot of improvements to be done), but also on anything that looks like it's balance-related.
I think he is simply trying to get players to understand that it's a terrible thing when people refuse to acknowledge that the issue you're having may be legitimate, usually because those people don't have that same issue, or aren't bothered by it.

There are also some trolls that use that approach because it's hard to distinguish the trolling version from the honest version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info