I am lucky, therefore game is fine

"
johnKeys wrote:
I am doing well, so why you QQ?

guys, you have absolutely no idea how utterly annoying this attitude is, when reading through forum posts.
out of all possible replies to other people's complaints - legitimate or not - some choose the one which indicates, more than others (choose the most appropriate):

1) they don't give a shit about other players.
2) they don't give a shit about the game, because they couldn't care less what happens outside their current bubble of "me".
3) they simply enjoy acting like complete dirt bags, in Forums.

this kind of shitty behaviour plagued the PoE Forum for as long as I remember it, but currently there's just too much of it.
please stop.

Funny thing is that "lucky" most of the times means "hack-y" or "cheat-y" lol. IMO, most truly skilled players wont stoop down so low to mock players who are not as skillful.
;)

I dont see this problem on the forums so it doesnt exist... You must be one of these hate spreaders.

IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
you actually brought up two different things, Boem:

"abusing every beneficial part of the game to your advantage", means trading, joining a target-leveling/questing/masters/other party, doing MF runs and whatnot.
while some of the above practices can become disgusting (e.g. trading by scamming others and taking advantage of them) - I only rule those out for myself.
I don't do it, for various reasons, but others have the right to if they wish.

"making a couple of exalts appear on demand if i so desired", implies cheating. duping. hacking the game. exploiting game bugs instead of reporting them, etc'.
I'm not ok with that, and never will.

but no matter if you do the former or the latter, you must still understand the design of the game on a broader scale than "me", and accept the fact that, well, some people tend to get screwed by that design if they do neither of the above.
and yes that can and does have an impact on their motivation and willingness to gain further knowledge or even keep playing the game.

once the Forum folk start to understand that, we will stop seeing these disgusting types of posts.
note "understand", not necessarily agree.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 13, 2015, 3:11:56 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
I am doing well, so why you QQ?

guys, you have absolutely no idea how utterly annoying this attitude is, when reading through forum posts.
out of all possible replies to other people's complaints - legitimate or not - some choose the one which indicates, more than others (choose the most appropriate):

1) they don't give a shit about other players.
2) they don't give a shit about the game, because they couldn't care less what happens outside their current bubble of "me".
3) they simply enjoy acting like complete dirt bags, in Forums.

this kind of shitty behaviour plagued the PoE Forum for as long as I remember it, but currently there's just too much of it.
please stop.

you dont know what all QQ is about, do you ?
reach lvl 90 on at least 1 of your toons then we can have a really constructive discussion.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ Another day in path of plenty.
Last edited by ihssan on Aug 13, 2015, 6:17:04 PM
"

you dont know whats all QQ is about, do you ?
reach lvl 90 on at least 1 of your toons then we can have a really constructive discussion.

Ha :) Mine was pretty good, but yours tops it.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Dropped a coil yesterday. Exactly what I Asked for

Shits gud im out
Last edited by kussekurt on Aug 13, 2015, 3:32:00 AM
"
Boem wrote:
what if i fit into the category

4) i'm doing okaish, but i realize RNG is a swinging pendulum and it will swing my way if i persist, why you qq when everybody is under the same rule-set of RNG?

Peace,

-Boem-

Except that's it's logically flawed to look at RNG like a pendulum. Just because you've had a two straight month dry spell doesn't mean the game owes you anything nice at all. You're just as likely to enter another two-month dry spell as you were when you started.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Aug 13, 2015, 3:31:53 AM
I deliberately choose to not participate in areas of the game that require interacting with other people because they scare me, and now I can't achieve what those people do, game is not fine!

And now I'm all bitter and need a hug :(
Vote for Donald Trump. It's the only way things are going to change.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
gilrad wrote:

Except that's it's logically flawed to look at RNG like a pendulum. Just because you've had a two straight month dry spell doesn't mean the game owes you anything nice at all. You're just as likely to enter another two-month dry spell as you were when you started.

I know this, but it works for me. Though on an infinite scale RNG is bound to swing. PoE just doesn't offer that infinite time span.

"
johnKeys wrote:
"making a couple of exalts appear on demand if i so desired", implies cheating. duping. hacking the game. exploiting game bugs instead of reporting them, etc'.
I'm not ok with that, and never will.

You misunderstood me john. I am not talking about illegal activity's here.

What i am saying is that if i really wanted i could go visit "le trade sim" tomorrow and make some exalts if i so desired, because of the aforementioned game knowledge i acquired over the years and implementing it.

I am also not talking about scamming. No dirty tricks lol. I got a stash full of stuff that i could easily sell for multiple exalts in warbands, i just don't get to it and can't be bothered. Like my other post indicates i don't really care about wealth.

I could make wealth if desired, but i don't desire it.

Maybe i utilized a bad phrase to state that though. Simply put if i put some of my items up under market value now they would be sold in a couple of hours and i would be a bunch of exalts richer.

Peace,

-Boem-

Edit : yeah i understand your position, but when i state things like "the game is not designed for you"
i don't mean that in a harmful way, just as an observation of fact.(though i can understand why some of my post's might appear aggressive at first glance)

People with your play-style are enforcing limitations on your PoE experience and as such don't really have the "right" to complain.(god that sounds dickerish :) )
You can highlight fundamental issue's obviously, but when people like you state the drop-rates are not good, then i just think "obviously", since your limiting the available items for yourself.

The luck part of your thread tittle seems irrelevant in that light though, either you enjoy the experience you put yourself true (in any way possible, implying both regular/SF/HC/iron man and what have you play-styles) or you don't and adjust it.

If you don't adjust it but the experience is not fun, then i would question your sanity. :')

edit2 : god i hate the therm "people like you", there should be a better one for that, but i am confident you understand my intent behind it.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 13, 2015, 4:08:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info